UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike DOLCE DIET Q&A Wed 8:00 PM ET

2/20/13 1:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Out To Lunch
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 
Out To Lunch - Mike,

Watermelon and popcorn are two foods that I really like, are these allowed in the Dolce Diet?

OTL-

I would think watermelon in moderation will get a thumbs up.  Naturally sweet, so he will probably say in moderation.

The popcorn he's going to say 'popped in oil equals bad' .  But I wonder if you can make it in a teaspoon of coconut oil ? 

anyway, good questions, looking forward to the answers.

Coconut oil popcorn? not sure how that would taste. I'm easing into the Dolce diet, so far I don'tlike the taste of Ezekial bread with almond butter, but I know there are other foods I can try.
2/20/13 3:35 PM
Il Duce
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/20/13 3:37 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

Not a god damn morsel of 'vote ups' !

Rick, could you have Jason give me 100 of yours ?  You have plenty Hoss.

;-)

VTFU my man Phone Post
2/20/13 5:28 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Thanx sir.

Anyone who has seen your legendary pics should vote you up as well.

2/22/13 7:10 PM
Snufulufugus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone should let Dolce know to check his subscriptions!

TTt for knowledge
2/22/13 7:15 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

Thanx sir.

Anyone who has seen your legendary pics should vote you up as well.

Ya those Pics of my junk are pretty Tremendous... Lol Phone Post
2/22/13 8:27 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

You have beautiful vegetation. And the grilled menu, booooom !

2/23/13 1:36 AM
UltimatePower
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dolce, I have a rare bone disease and major chronic pain. I'm not allowed to run, jog, lift heavy weights on my legs, or really do anything involving impact. I can't afford going to a gym with a pool which would be a perfect low-impact cardio work oit. I still lift weights a lot and this has basically nixed the chronic pain. My question is, what can I do to get rid of some extra body fat? Should I just keep an extra tight diet?

Thanks!
2/26/13 1:04 PM
strengthcoach
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snufulufugus - Hi Mike,

Thanks for doing this. I know you are proud of what you do...as you should be. It is a great gift to be able to lead people towards a path of better health. With so many things that we can not control, nutrition seems to a fundamental component to our health and lifestyle that we can direct.

With that said, being a single father and working full time, I am finding it hard to keep fresh produce in the fridge. I am trying to teach my 4 year old son to eat clean. Every morning i start the day with supplement called green vibrance ( purchased on amazon).

Mike, can you comment on using these plant powders as a supplement? Also, can you please point me towards some foods/meals you feel a four year old would have interest in?

Thank you again and I do look forward to reading your books.

Dan

Dan,
First, I want to offer my deep respect for your decision to raise your children with a focus on establishing healthy habits that will form a template for them to live out their lives.
Because of what you are doing now, your child may avoid many of the debilitating life related diseases and medical conditions associated with poor diet.
Also, you are encouraging your child to make his own, informed choices about life.
So cool!!!

Next, as a parent strapped for time, planning is everything!
I understand it may be difficult to have fresh produce in the house every day of the week.
Let's try to avoid as many holes in your schedule as we can and set a routine.
I prefer to do my BIG grocery shopping early on a Sunday before the store gets crowded and stock up on all the major supplies my family will need.
I also PLAN to do my SMALL shopping on Wednesday night, which is primarily to restock our produce (as you may know, on The Dolce Diet, I suggest only buying enough produce to last three days, otherwise it will go bad, or it is so heavily preserved with chemicals you don't want to eat it anyway!).
On the odd day that you do run out of produce, yes, Green Vibrance is one of the better green products currently on the market and is a great way to keep you and your son focused on your goals.
One thing that helped me tremendously as a child, was always being included in preparing the meals with my Dad. Whether I was peeling potatoes, picking tomatoes from our humble backyard garden, holding the strainer while my Mom drained the spaghetti or doing the dishes, being included in the process taught me how to cook, how to cook for myself, how to be clean in the kitchen, how to select the right ingredients for each meal and embedded and appreciation for healthy meals. It also gave me a very strong sense of family.
As to kid friendly, healthy meals, well, you need look no further than my books, The Dolce Diet: Living Lean & Living Lean Cookbook. They are stocked with amazing recipes that the whole family will love!!! Kids especially enjoy my PITBULL PANCAKES!!!!
I really hope this helps and please keep me posted on your progress!
-MIKE
2/26/13 1:06 PM
strengthcoach
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

This is the best Q&A since we started them in 1998.

THIS QUOTE IS GOING ON MY RESUME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much thanks to our UG community and Kirik for bringing us all together!

#RESPECT
2/26/13 5:41 PM
savage animal
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amen to best Q&A, all hail this thread!

Well, I've tried CBL for a month and after my own personal experiment, I echo your sentiments (not sustainable, better geared to the aesthetically-only minded). Do you offer a Living Lean guide for someone looking to gain/maintain as opposed to shed lbs?

As an avid BJJ/sub grappler, I can never seem to eat enough to gain a few "too much cardio" from all the rolling, drills, and clean eating. I gave CBL a shot to see if I recovered any better and to try eating a little "less clean" as many have suggested, to attain my goal of adding about 5 lbs. Paleo rest of the day.

I'm not going to quit BJJ, but weight classes at tournaments would be perfect if I were 5 "good pounds" heavier and I feel I would recover better with a little more on my frame.

I measure calories and what they consist of on My Plate (livestrong now owns the app) & eat 4200 cal on training days, less on rest days.

Any suggestions for someone Living Lean but looking to gain a few...without quitting grappling/cardio& taking up powerlifting alone?

2/26/13 6:22 PM
bartatua

Mike,

Grabbed a copy of The Dolce Diet last summer and loved it (though I've been slipping on actually using it lately - this thead is a good reminder).

I have a question related a little more to lifestyle than nutrition. I'm an academic, and as a result, I'm pretty well forced to spend the majority of my day in front of either a book, a computer, or a stack of student papers. I've noticed my metabolism slowing, and I've started to put on a bit of weight (nothing major). I know sitting for long stretches is bad for you. What can I do to make the best use of my day physically, given the time constraints of my work? I try to walk to work a couple times a week (3 miles each way), but this is contingent on the weather conditions, and so probably isn't habitual enough do me a ton of good. Any ideas for small things I can do while I'm on campus to stay even marginally active?
2/28/13 9:22 AM
Topsyjt
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lucy D - 

Diamon Thread..

...How can I tweet this and add it to my FB profile?

Get more ppl in here.....

:-) my wife's only post is for a mike dolce thread. Where my deep fried chicken wings woman :-) 

actually we eat real healthy clean. Mikes's book was icing on the cake for us. Love his stuff. 

Wife won't say this on a forum but I shall. Whenever we go to parties or friends homes etc. we can tell the difference on our eldest daughter (5) her hyperactivity, attitude, sleeping, even stool is affected by poor food given at these places.  Highly recmd Mikes's food even if just for your kids guys. Watch them, see for yourself the change in them, it will transform them I promise you. 

:-) lol Lucy D. Brilliant xxx

3/4/13 9:09 PM
Snufulufugus

strengthcoach - 
Snufulufugus - Hi Mike,

Thanks for doing this. I know you are proud of what you do...as you should be. It is a great gift to be able to lead people towards a path of better health. With so many things that we can not control, nutrition seems to a fundamental component to our health and lifestyle that we can direct.

With that said, being a single father and working full time, I am finding it hard to keep fresh produce in the fridge. I am trying to teach my 4 year old son to eat clean. Every morning i start the day with supplement called green vibrance ( purchased on amazon).

Mike, can you comment on using these plant powders as a supplement? Also, can you please point me towards some foods/meals you feel a four year old would have interest in?

Thank you again and I do look forward to reading your books.

Dan

Dan,
First, I want to offer my deep respect for your decision to raise your children with a focus on establishing healthy habits that will form a template for them to live out their lives.
Because of what you are doing now, your child may avoid many of the debilitating life related diseases and medical conditions associated with poor diet.
Also, you are encouraging your child to make his own, informed choices about life.
So cool!!!

Next, as a parent strapped for time, planning is everything!
I understand it may be difficult to have fresh produce in the house every day of the week.
Let's try to avoid as many holes in your schedule as we can and set a routine.
I prefer to do my BIG grocery shopping early on a Sunday before the store gets crowded and stock up on all the major supplies my family will need.
I also PLAN to do my SMALL shopping on Wednesday night, which is primarily to restock our produce (as you may know, on The Dolce Diet, I suggest only buying enough produce to last three days, otherwise it will go bad, or it is so heavily preserved with chemicals you don't want to eat it anyway!).
On the odd day that you do run out of produce, yes, Green Vibrance is one of the better green products currently on the market and is a great way to keep you and your son focused on your goals.
One thing that helped me tremendously as a child, was always being included in preparing the meals with my Dad. Whether I was peeling potatoes, picking tomatoes from our humble backyard garden, holding the strainer while my Mom drained the spaghetti or doing the dishes, being included in the process taught me how to cook, how to cook for myself, how to be clean in the kitchen, how to select the right ingredients for each meal and embedded and appreciation for healthy meals. It also gave me a very strong sense of family.
As to kid friendly, healthy meals, well, you need look no further than my books, The Dolce Diet: Living Lean & Living Lean Cookbook. They are stocked with amazing recipes that the whole family will love!!! Kids especially enjoy my PITBULL PANCAKES!!!!
I really hope this helps and please keep me posted on your progress!
-MIKE

Thanks Mike. You are a good man! I will keep you updated...on a funny note, I was watching Batman Begins with the little guy and he saw Bruce Wayne drinking some greens. Little guy says to me,"batman drinks green ICK like you Dad!"

Hahahah.
4/2/13 4:44 PM
Neil McCauley

Mike ... I like to cook kale in grape seed oil until it shrinks, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar. I do this almost every day. Should I be concerned about the sulfites in balsamic? as far as I know they dont have one without sulfites as its apart of the process to make it? I use an organic one nonetheless.
4/4/13 12:11 AM
dirt fan

Tt
4/4/13 12:54 AM
dirt fan

Tt Phone Post 3.0
6/3/13 9:55 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.