UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike DOLCE DIET Q&A Wed 8:00 PM ET

2/13/13 8:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What foods in a weightloss diet are simply a must? what 'magic' foods you would reccommend to your athletes to help shed some poundage?.

2/13/13 8:31 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

I wanted to say, for everyone, that we appreciate your time and energy and advice. Thanks a million for the knowledge and inspiration.

2/13/13 8:33 PM
RickStorm
1693 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

yeah... What Zipp said =)

2/13/13 8:33 PM
gooddoc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strengthcoach -
gooddoc -  2 words

Nutella sandwiches

Discuss. Phone Post

I believe in evolution of progress as the true means to succeed whether it be weight-loss or performance or anywhere in life. Progress that is constantly evolving.
For some, Nutella sandwiches are much healthier than what an individual might be currently eating.
So if I can suggest an athlete eat 2 tablespoons of Nutella with one half banana 2 tablespoons of almond butter on one slice of a sprouted grain toast instead of their typical Snickers bars he would normally eat, well the Nutella sandwiches are a positive step in the evolution.
Eventually and in short time the athlete will be making their own butters at home similar to myself.
It is all about progress and forming new habits.
So awesome that you answered that, didn't expect it.

I used to eat very clean, but my career is so hectic that I have lost my way. It truly is a habit, and getting started is the hardest part. Phone Post
2/13/13 8:35 PM
strengthcoach
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nucky - 

Hey Mr. Dolce,

How come you make what seems to be outlandish claims of insert fighter here has cut an extreme amount of weight or has bulked up with crazy amount of muscle in short period of time under your guidance but lack Weight scale pics?  

Furthermore can we start to see the weight scale pics so we can put the doubt to rest with actual fact number weight of fighters you are coaching, thanks again.

Not sure what you're talking about. We don't make outlandish claims wer'e simply tweeting or showing pictures in a 'fly on the wall inside our camps. The claims may seem outlandish because you are not used to seeing what we do every day.

For example, with Thiago Alves in Sydney, we posted video of him on the scale the night before weigh-ins 177, morning of weighins 171 in his hotel room, official ufc weighins 170, on his scale a few hours after weighins 197 and before he left for the venue on fight day 195.
Don't think we can do any better.

We are often filmed during fight week and many of these stories are documented on the UFC behind the scenes option on the dvds.
2/13/13 8:35 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike - what are your thoughts on sweeteners, like for your coffee or tea ? Natural sugar, honey, Splenda.........?

2/13/13 8:36 PM
AZKIEL
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can Daniel Cormier safely make 205?
2/13/13 8:36 PM
strengthcoach
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - How much does it cost the likes of Sonnen, Vitor, Hendricks etc to have you in their camp?

One pint of unicorn blood! (I'm working on a new recipe.)
2/13/13 8:37 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Mike,

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to do this with us. Even for us guys who arent fighters, nutrition IMO is very important.

I was curious about lunches for guys like me who work a 9-5 - What would be a quick and easy lunch box for us to take on a day-to-day basis? Any staple items we should look in to packing? I try and bring at least calflower, brocolli, and carrots, but it gets old "same old" food all the time. Just thought I'd see if you had any other foods that we should pack.

Also, I was the one who asked about the "Dolce Diet" t-shirts - Is that promotion still going on? Just curious. I'm going to order the book in my next batch of Amazon "orders" and figured I'd do the review afterwords - I'll do a review regarless, if that promo is still going I'll forward it.

Thanks Mike!!!

strengthcoach

Cyril Jeff - 

Mike! thoughts on HIIT vs other, more common cardio methods (i.e. running long distances)

I am a fan of higher intensity training which can be performed through running cycling through sprinting by we work or I may train.
I'm also a fan of steady-state cardio which is potentially hi Doris methods of jotting swimming site.
In all both are suggested.
RickStorm
1693 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
strengthcoach - 
Tilla - How much does it cost the likes of Sonnen, Vitor, Hendricks etc to have you in their camp?

One pint of unicorn blood! (I'm working on a new recipe.)

LOL

2/13/13 8:38 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -

I wanted to say, for everyone, that we appreciate your time and energy and advice. Thanks a million for the knowledge and inspiration.

True true Phone Post
2/13/13 8:39 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, one other question!

I could have sworn I heard you say "food before coffee" in an interview once. Is this true, that we should eat foods to start the metabolism before our daily coffee? I'm speaking about breakfast. Just wondering what proper eating habits are for the morning to feel your best throughout the day.

Mid-day burnout seems to be all to common and wanted to try and combat this with foods if possible. Thanks again

2/13/13 8:40 PM
strengthcoach

Barbalos - How big of a factor is your personal relationship with a client, outside of the literal diet / regimen itself?

In order to work with an athlete at this stage of my career, I must have a deep personal respect of them as individuals, more than their level of athleticism.
What we do is very emotionally invasive, at least, it should be.
With my athletes, we become family.
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Good question asmurderer

KingNeptune
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later.

Thanks Dolce! Phone Post
2/13/13 8:41 PM
strengthcoach

Vril - 

How active are you in the fight against GMOs?  BOOM!

I try to be very vocal about the dangers of genetically modified organisms. I supported prop 37 in California although I live in Las Vegas. I tried to get the word out so people understand and take responsibility for what they're putting in their bodies. I don't believe in speaking badly against individual companies in particular but instead try and educate the population to make informed decisions.
2/13/13 8:42 PM
strengthcoach

Nick Diaz Fan - 
I'm 5'10" 198lbs 12% body fat, I want to be 220lbs 8% body fat.
What's the best way to bulk up quickly and efficently whilst lowering body fat?

Big fan of your podcast it's awesome!

So you want to put on shitload of lean muscle mass and lose a dramatic amount of body fat percentage. This is certainly possible but you must be patient because done properly this will take time. I would first focus on cleaning up my diet. Eating only the the finest quality nutrients. I would focus on heavy training strength training building muscle I would build the muscle now while not allowing my body fat to go above 12%. If your body fat rises above 12% or drop it back down to the 10% rage before you go on another strength circuit.
Again this could take time. This could take years depending on your age background health history training history and such. But no goal is worthwhile unless the path is challenging.
2/13/13 8:43 PM
strengthcoach

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 

I know you do a lot of weight loss stuff, but I'm 5'11 and 135.  I eat three squares a day, and I don't even really work out much anymore, but I still don't put on weight....Any tips?

Sounds to me like you're not eating enough. Three meals should be bumped up to six or eight. I suggest eating every 2 to 4 hours while awake and have found this to be extremely effective. I cover these topics in depth in my book Living Lean.
2/13/13 8:43 PM
TheAssMurderer

LoL, and just as I walk away, I think of yet another question!

Often times, I find myself tired after work - Like I want to crash at 5-6pm, but then get a 2nd wind around 9pm (and Im usually up past 12 midnight at that point).

It's gotta be a diet thing that's causing me to get that 2nd wind around 9. I'd rather feel good all day long, but somtimes sleep is a factor, etc - At what times should a normal 6am-10/11pm person be eating?

I really feel like Im either eating at the wrong times or not getting enough sleep. It's a vicious cycle, though, always causing me to stay up late. I don't eat past 8pm, but even that might be too late.

Thanks again - Last one, I promise!

2/13/13 8:44 PM
strengthcoach

Sudo21 - Hey Mike,

- best natural probiotics? Kefir is good or bad?
- some foods you recommend for gastritis, if you have experience with it?
- three best strength exercises for MMA/grappling?
- when is Thiago Alves coming back?

Thanks man!

There's never a best but Kombucha is a very good all natural probiotic. I do not have experience with gastritis. Deadlifts chin-ups push-ups. J
Thiago Pitbull Alves will be back this summer 2013!
2/13/13 8:44 PM
strengthcoach

PoundforPound - Can you give a good bodyweight exercise routine to follow?

UFC FIT is coming soon!!!
2/13/13 8:45 PM
strengthcoach

Heel Hooker - If you are a strength and conditioning coach and nutritionist why are you in fighter's corners ?

I am whatever my athlete needs and often perform many roles within each camp.
2/13/13 8:45 PM
strengthcoach

RickStorm - 

No question from me that hasnt already been posted, just wanted to say thanks Mike

Portland Wolfpack in da house

Haha!
2/13/13 8:46 PM
strengthcoach

Tilla - 
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

I think that's an interesting question Tilla. But I doubt we'll get an answer on that. I would imagine fee's vary fr situation to situation.

But maybe we'll get a general reply. Thanks for adding though, appreciated.

No problem :-)

Mike, what happens if the fighters that I mentioned are all scheduled to fight on the same card or within a short amount of time between each other but live MILES APART from one-another? How do you deal with that kind of problem?

This happens quite often now but is always easy to deal with when everyone is informed as to the scheduling needs.
Communication and accounutabilty are always key.
I am lucky to work with such professional athletes, respected teams and warm families.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.