UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike DOLCE DIET Q&A Wed 8:00 PM ET

2/13/13 9:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
strengthcoach
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

I wanted to say, for everyone, that we appreciate your time and energy and advice. Thanks a million for the knowledge and inspiration.

My pleasure!!!!
Official UG member since 2004 and lurker for some time before that.
I am on the UG everyday and often check it on my iPad befor I get out of bed to see what I missed overnight.
Many great friends here and I'm happy to share whatever bits I can.
2/13/13 9:33 PM
strengthcoach
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
strengthcoach - 
UGCTT_SidRival -  How much water should we drink a day? I've heard a good measurement is half your body weight in ounces (i.e. I weigh approx 170 lbs, therefore I should drink at least 85oz of water a day). Is this true?

Also how does homemade unsweetened ice tea measure up against water? I drink as much water as I can but I love me some tea. Phone Post

When it comes to where I say drink as much as possible. I live in Las Vegas, this is a desert. I am 200 pounds and I drink 2 gallons of water per day every day when I exercise vigorously I sometimes drink up to 3 gallons in a day. My wife is 125 pounds and she drinks 1 gallon per day every day. Hydration is necessary. The three essential elements in human survival are oxygen, water and food. Water is the second most essential function for human survival. Unfortunately most people are extremely dehydrated.
Anything I drink tea, coffee, juice is bonus. it's on top of my water guidelines. This way I am always guaranteed to it me or exceed my expected water intake .

You must pee frequently.

at least every hour. i see it as purifying my system.
2/13/13 9:33 PM
strengthcoach

strengthcoach - 
UGCTT_SidRival -  How much water should we drink a day? I've heard a good measurement is half your body weight in ounces (i.e. I weigh approx 170 lbs, therefore I should drink at least 85oz of water a day). Is this true?

Also how does homemade unsweetened ice tea measure up against water? I drink as much water as I can but I love me some tea. Phone Post

When it comes to where I say drink as much as possible. I live in Las Vegas, this is a desert. I am 200 pounds and I drink 2 gallons of water per day every day when I exercise vigorously I sometimes drink up to 3 gallons in a day. My wife is 125 pounds and she drinks 1 gallon per day every day. Hydration is necessary. The three essential elements in human survival are oxygen, water and food. Water is the second most essential function for human survival. Unfortunately most people are extremely dehydrated.
Anything I drink tea, coffee, juice is bonus. it's on top of my water guidelines. This way I am always guaranteed to it me or exceed my expected water intake .

You must pee frequently.

at least every hour. i see it as purifying my system.
2/13/13 9:35 PM
strengthcoach

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Mike - what are your thoughts on sweeteners, like for your coffee or tea ? Natural sugar, honey, Splenda.........?

Never ever ever do we use artificial products, especiall sweeteners.

As to coffee. I add 1 tsp of Coconut Oil per cup and love it!

I sometimes add a smidgen of Almond Milk and a touch of honey or agave but not recently.
2/13/13 9:37 PM
sitchpack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strengthcoach -
sitchpack - 

What foods in a weightloss diet are simply a must? what 'magic' foods you would reccommend to your athletes to help shed some poundage?.

DOLCE DIET 101

1) EAT EARTH GROWN NUTRIENT
2) EVERY 2 TO 4 HOURSE
3) BASED ON WHAT YOU JUST DID, OR ARE ABOUT TO DO
4) EAT UNTIL SATISFIED, NOT UNTIL FULL
5) BE ACCOUNTABLE

If you simply follow these principles, the whole world opens up.
Thanks bro, will head on down to the butchers and the greengrocers.and buy dat shit.

Dolce is thick, solid, tight. Phone Post
2/13/13 9:39 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Can't wait to try this coconut oil.....

2/13/13 9:41 PM
strengthcoach

myjawhurts -  Serious question Mr Dolce.
Would you be open to having your diet scientifically evaluated?
By this I mean, blood glucose, lipid profiles, hormone levels, VO2max, lactic threshold etc.
Making weight is an achievement but if you could prove that your athletes were stronger, recovered faster and had better 02 carrying capacity you would identify yourself as the greatest nutrition guru in the world. Phone Post

We do this most every training camp I am involved in.
Just like the NFL or NBA, UFC athletes are multi-million dollar business entities.
Their health and performance should not be left to a team of buddies or amateurs.
I require all my athletes to be under a doctor's direct care.
We ensure all health parameters are tested and optimal health is always our goal.
This has been done many times with my athletes but it is their information, not mine.
I care not about using this to promote my brand and instead simply want them to ensure optimal health.

We are in the middle of writing my new book, which will take a very close look into the health impact of following a life plan as presented in Living Lean.
2/13/13 9:42 PM
strengthcoach

Oh god, I should have asked this earlier.

What would you estimate Anderson Silva walks around at?

210-220
2/13/13 9:42 PM
FedorsAbs

Sub Phone Post
2/13/13 9:44 PM
strengthcoach

Chaelismyhero - On fight night how much will Chael weigh vs. Bones?

Chael will likely be in the mid-220's (224)
I'd expect Jones to be 218lbs or so
2/13/13 9:49 PM
sitchpack

Is vaporizing Cannabis actively unhealthy for weight loss or athletic performance? It is grown from the earth thus fits in with the dolce ideology of eating grown natural nutrients. Phone Post
2/13/13 9:57 PM
strengthcoach

sitchpack -  Is vaporizing Cannabis actively unhealthy for weight loss or athletic performance? It is grown from the earth thus fits in with the dolce ideology of eating grown natural nutrients. Phone Post

I have not found any credible information to suggest a reduction in athleticism or weight-loss as a result of "legal" non-competition marijuana ingestion.
If discussing athletes, vaporizing would be preferred to traditional methods of burning and smoking, while edible consumption would be preferred to vaporizing.
Many studies report very favorable results of marijuana related products for use in the health and medical industry, especially when compared to artificial prescription drugs.
See a doctor and check all local laws.
2/13/13 9:58 PM
palerider101
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Mike. Good luck in life. You seem to be making a nice name for yourself in MMA with out fighting
2/13/13 10:00 PM
torquemada
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the reply; I picked up Living Lean a while back on Amazon. I'm headed over now to give a good review. Solid info, bro.
2/13/13 10:11 PM
GROUNDnLB
424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I eat relatively healthy, but I do have a sweet tooth. I make relatively healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. (Healthy compared to store bought)

Is there truly a huge difference between 100% whole wheat flour and unbleached?

Also, is gluten the devil, or is it something I don't really need to cut out? Phone Post
2/13/13 10:14 PM
simpleman17
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 10:18 PM
complete noob question:<br />when you say change up the workout every 3 weeks: do you mean the ENTIRE workout out or just the type of exercise?<br /> example: fit for life work out for three weeks then something entirely different OR just changing the type of lift?

BTW getting old sucks! I eat right 6 days a week (just being honest not 7) I am getting incredibly strong (about USMC days) but can't loose any weight (even went down a pant size). Hard to run more than 3 miles when carrying 240.
2/13/13 10:48 PM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Mike. Just bought the "Dolce Diet: Living Lean" after reading this thread.

2/13/13 10:49 PM
quarcus
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strengthcoach -
quarcus -  What protein source has the best amino acid profile for recovery? How many grams of protein do you Allow per meal? And also maintenance caloric needs calculation/ macro split. Thank you. Phone Post

There are different schools of thought using way protein sources isolates, casein and other blended protein powder sources.
Personally I prefer to get my amino acids from real food. Animal proteins are very high in amino acids as are certain plant-based sources like quinoa. I prefer a wide variety of diverse protein sources.
In my experience I found high protein consumption to be much less important for health fitness performance across the board. The common bodybuilding perception of 2 g per pound of body weight is far in excess of what any hard training healthy adult would need. I prefer and have seen tremendous success at a general protein ratio of .8g to 1.2g per lbs of lean body mass.
We don't focus on calorie needs or macro splits the principles are much simpler gripper nutrients even intervals.
Thank you! Phone Post
2/13/13 10:55 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Thank you guys, this was an excellent thread.

2/13/13 10:59 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's your take on Soy products? I've heard that it mimics estrogen but as an alternative to dairy?
2/13/13 11:09 PM
SurferFL

ttt
2/13/13 11:30 PM
Poonug
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/13/13 11:49 PM
waxwing slain
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bro-tastic thread.

Just bought the book on iTunes as a token of appreciation for the science dropped here.

Fucking-A Mike oozes can-do and positivity. Love that shit in a mostly negative, cynical world. Phone Post
2/14/13 12:08 AM
CindyO

Nick Diaz Fan - 
I'm 5'10" 198lbs 12% body fat, I want to be 220lbs 8% body fat.
What's the best way to bulk up quickly and efficently whilst lowering body fat?

Big fan of your podcast it's awesome!

Pfft!!! RULES!!!

Cindy

2/14/13 12:09 AM
CindyO

RickStorm - 

No question from me that hasnt already been posted, just wanted to say thanks Mike

Portland Wolfpack in da house

I'm gonna vote you UP for this post and logo!!! I loved the IFL!

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.