Rival School
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride Wanderlei -
Rival School -
Pride Wanderlei -
Rival School -
Rival School -
Bjjudo - No offense, but who is he? Phone Post
Monster Brown belt... A lot of heat behind him but really he's a step behind the best at brown belt. Phone Post
Also found his accomplishments for you

2 Blue Belt Worlds
1 Purple Belt Worlds

1 Nogi Blue Belt Worlds
1 Nogi Purple Belt Worlds

3 Pans Blue, Purple, Brown
3 Nogi Pans 1Blue 2Purple

New York, Chicago, Houston open and Long Island champion. All of those 3 or so times. He will for sure be a very good black belt one day Phone Post
Also dont forget to Add he's a Brown Belt under Renzo Gracie and is only like 19-20.

He has no big wins at Brown? I thought he just won a major title? Phone Post
I for sure didn't say he didn't win any major titles I said he's a step behind the top brown belts. He isn't the Miyao Brothers or Keenan and not sure how he would do against the other Kumite guys either.

Also the first tournament of the season he got silver. Second to Miyao Phone Post
Nono you took that the wrong way.

I was actually asking the question, I thought he won a major title at Brown lol. Phone Post
Ohh no not yet.

Problem for Gianni is 141 isn't the most stacked weight class and the Miyao brothers own it at brown that's a shit gauntlet to get gold. Not unbeatable just hard as hell.

Then you gotta think that Paulo and Sinistro who are some of the better guys both beat Gianni and then lose to Keenan. So I see no open titles coming his way and his own division is a real bitch.

It's not like he's a numb he's almost like a Justin Radar. Crazy talented just a step behind the ridiculous competition you're surrounded by. Also it gets worse when he gets to black because that Gui's division along with guys like Ary, throw in the Miyao brothers and I see life being pretty tough from here out for Gianni. Phone Post
2/16/13 9:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Muffinho
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gianni doesn't compete at 141 =/
2/16/13 9:20 AM
Rival School

Muffinho - Gianni doesn't compete at 141 =/
Then cut the part about Gui at black. Could have sworn he was featherweight? Phone Post
2/16/13 9:25 AM
Rival School

Muffinho - Gianni doesn't compete at 141 =/
Looked it up yea he's not light feather which really only makes my point even more bold instead of having Gui and Ary he has Rafa, Cobrinha, Justin, JT now if I'm not mistaken?

In my eyes Gianni will never see major gold again once he gets black belt Phone Post
2/16/13 9:34 AM
Rival School

Also Tanquinho, Ryan Hall and Jeff Glover I they compete. You still got guys like Baret and Joel coming here and there. Gianni has age on his side. Phone Post
2/16/13 9:41 AM
Muffinho
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe now, but you never know how long these guys are going to be competing.
2/16/13 9:44 AM
Rival School

For sure. That's why I mention age. He's like 20-21 but Miyao Brothers are around too so I think it will be very tough for him. Phone Post
2/16/13 9:44 AM
Pride Wanderlei

Its scary to think how good Gianni is and yet all those dudes are an issue... Phone Post
2/16/13 10:00 AM
Rival School

Pride Wanderlei - Its scary to think how good Gianni is and yet all those dudes are an issue... Phone Post
Seriously it is fucked up. The lines of jiu jitsu are fucking weird. It's like a purple belt in my gym is a guy that a ok blue can fuck with. Then you have the purple at our gym that is fairly steady with comps and he crushes purple and under and gives browns a run but even he on a world scale is shit flakes on a nats ass with a purple belt like Darson Hemmings. World Champion purples can fuck up hobbyist black belts.

World Champion black belts like Rafa make Darson look silly when they roll. So that's where you start seeing the lines it's just crazy. Then you have Draculino rolling with world champs and making them look terrible.

It's wild. Phone Post
2/16/13 10:05 AM
Pride Wanderlei

Rival School -
Pride Wanderlei - Its scary to think how good Gianni is and yet all those dudes are an issue... Phone Post
Seriously it is fucked up. The lines of jiu jitsu are fucking weird. It's like a purple belt in my gym is a guy that a ok blue can fuck with. Then you have the purple at our gym that is fairly steady with comps and he crushes purple and under and gives browns a run but even he on a world scale is shit flakes on a nats ass with a purple belt like Darson Hemmings. World Champion purples can fuck up hobbyist black belts.

World Champion black belts like Rafa make Darson look silly when they roll. So that's where you start seeing the lines it's just crazy. Then you have Draculino rolling with world champs and making them look terrible.

It's wild. Phone Post
I heard a story of the Mendes bros doing a seminar, rolling with 10year BBs and making it look easy. Phone Post
2/16/13 10:07 AM
Rival School

Lets not forget that's arguably thee most stacked division.

Think of the last ADCC no slouches but there was some fluff. Stick in Gianni and Paulo and that division is unwinnable from most angels haha. I don't know how you could go in thinking yea i got this.

Just for fun 2011 ADCC and we will change some.

Rafa
Bruno Frazzato
Justin Rader
Gianni Grippo
Robson Maura
Tanquinho
Ryan Hall
Paulo Miyao
Cobrinha
JT Torres
Baret Yoshida
Jeff Glover
Rani Yahya
Joel Tudor

And still have 2 open spots. Phone Post
2/16/13 10:12 AM
Rival School

Pride Wanderlei -
Rival School -

It's wild. Phone Post
I heard a story of the Mendes bros doing a seminar, rolling with 10year BBs and making it look easy. Phone Post
I'm not surprised in the least. A CURRENTLY active multi time world champion can beat anyone in the world in my eyes. Phone Post
2/16/13 10:15 AM
Muffinho

Both Miyaos are natural pluma, Paulo moved up so both could get gold. Paulo didn't beat Gianni down. It was a referee decision.
2/16/13 10:25 AM
Rival School

Muffinho - Both Miyaos are natural pluma, Paulo moved up so both could get gold. Paulo didn't beat Gianni down. It was a referee decision.
I know... Never thought he got beat down or anything. At the Euros Paulo was looking thicker than ever that's for sure. I wish Joao would go up just because that would be a bitch Phone Post
2/16/13 10:30 AM
Rival School

Would love to see Joao go against Samuel Braga or Robson at black belt Phone Post
2/16/13 11:04 AM
Pride Wanderlei

Rival School - Lets not forget that's arguably thee most stacked division.

Think of the last ADCC no slouches but there was some fluff. Stick in Gianni and Paulo and that division is unwinnable from most angels haha. I don't know how you could go in thinking yea i got this.

Rafa
Bruno Frazzato
Justin Rader
Gianni Grippo
Robson Maura
Tanquinho
Ryan Hall
Paulo Miyao
Cobrinha
JT Torres
Baret Yoshida
Jeff Glover
Rani Yahya
Joel Tudor

What weight class is AJ Agazarm? Isnt he a smaller guy? Phone Post
2/16/13 11:39 AM
Rival School

Pride Wanderlei -

Rafa
Bruno Frazzato
Justin Rader
Gianni Grippo
Robson Maura
Tanquinho
Ryan Hall
Paulo Miyao
Cobrinha
JT Torres
Baret Yoshida
Jeff Glover
Rani Yahya
Joel Tudor

You're speaking my language! I love AJ and he wrestled at Ohio State! I'm pretty sure he's a lightweight so we would be with Leo, Leondro Lo, Michael Langhi.

Not sure if he could drop he's thick. Phone Post
2/16/13 11:40 AM
Rival School

As I said that I picture him being the body type of Rafa... Maybe he could. He would be perfect for an ADCC because I his D1 wrestling plus awesome jiu jitsu.

A D1 wrestler who pulls guard occasionally. I think having that option is important Phone Post
2/16/13 1:13 PM
Pride Wanderlei

Rival School -
Pride Wanderlei -

Rafa
Bruno Frazzato
Justin Rader
Gianni Grippo
Robson Maura
Tanquinho
Ryan Hall
Paulo Miyao
Cobrinha
JT Torres
Baret Yoshida
Jeff Glover
Rani Yahya
Joel Tudor

You're speaking my language! I love AJ and he wrestled at Ohio State! I'm pretty sure he's a lightweight so we would be with Leo, Leondro Lo, Michael Langhi.

Langhi has a serious guard Phone Post
2/16/13 2:03 PM
Rival School

Pride Wanderlei -
Rival School -
Pride Wanderlei -

Rafa
Bruno Frazzato
Justin Rader
Gianni Grippo
Robson Maura
Tanquinho
Ryan Hall
Paulo Miyao
Cobrinha
JT Torres
Baret Yoshida
Jeff Glover
Rani Yahya
Joel Tudor

Langhi has a serious guard Phone Post
Lightweight has some crazy guards. Langhi and Lo have unreal guards. Phone Post
2/16/13 4:05 PM
SpiderRicco

great vid, thanks
2/16/13 7:33 PM
Bjjudo

Rival School -
Rival School -
Monster Brown belt... A lot of heat behind him but really he's a step behind the best at brown belt. Phone Post

2 Blue Belt Worlds
1 Purple Belt Worlds

1 Nogi Blue Belt Worlds

New York, Chicago, Houston open and Long Island champion. All of those 3 or so times. He will for sure be a very good black belt one day Phone Post
Oh wow nice. I couldn't find anything on Google/youtube, realised I was typing him in wrong x_o

Thanks man. Phone Post
2/16/13 7:59 PM
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School -

It's wild. Phone Post
Pretty sure Darson got his Brown and is already smashing browns and blacks here in Canada, phenom for sure Phone Post
2/17/13 6:33 PM
Rival School

Bjjudo -
Rival School -
Rival School -

2 Blue Belt Worlds
1 Purple Belt Worlds

1 Nogi Blue Belt Worlds

Oh wow nice. I couldn't find anything on Google/youtube, realised I was typing him in wrong x_o

Thanks man. Phone Post
No problem Phone Post
2/17/13 6:33 PM
Rival School

k1levelstriking -
Rival School -

It's wild. Phone Post
Pretty sure Darson got his Brown and is already smashing browns and blacks here in Canada, phenom for sure Phone Post
I just noticed that today actually when he posted his matches from yesterday's tournament. No surprised he's beating black belts he's crazy good. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.