UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Purple belt exhibition/flow roll video

2/12/13 6:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bjjudo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a video between me and an old teammate yet current training partner at the UGF california state grappling championship tournament. We both made it to the finals of the purple belt open weight and decided to flow roll instead of just conceding.

Blue please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmwIa5nLnsA&list=UUQJ_cZ_LnSPf-kWrtCutEDw&index=2
2/12/13 6:43 PM
ElPulpo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cease this faggotry!

Personally, I'd insist on scrapping it out for the gold. But, that was a nice flow. The endless back takes were a nice touch.
2/12/13 6:47 PM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/12/13 10:02 PM
redwhiteandblues
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

up
2/12/13 10:04 PM
Bjjudo

ElPulpo - Cease this faggotry!

Personally, I'd insist on scrapping it out for the gold. But, that was a nice flow. The endless back takes were a nice touch.
We've trained together since white belt, no need to risk injury or tire eachother out as we both still had nogi and nogi open weight pools left.

Thanks, Berimbolo and dlr sweep to back/mount are our favs. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:12 AM
ElPulpo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjjudo - 
ElPulpo - Cease this faggotry!

We've trained together since white belt, no need to risk injury or tire eachother out as we both still had nogi and nogi open weight pools left.

Thanks, Berimbolo and dlr sweep to back/mount are our favs. Phone Post

I totally understand your motivation for the flow roll. I'm just trying to get I touch with my inner 3%''er.
2/13/13 1:15 AM
gusto

shits not for me bro

you guys are good, but whats the problem with having a legit match

2/13/13 1:25 AM
Caught_clean
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flip a coin or go 100%, either or are fine with team mate match ups imo. Nothing wrong with this either.
2/13/13 1:50 AM
McGruff The Crime Hog
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/13/13 4:20 AM
Bjjudo

gusto - shits not for me bro

you guys are good, but whats the problem with having a legit match

Read above, we still had plenty of matches left Phone Post
2/13/13 5:38 AM
PayItForward
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/13/13 8:23 AM
allchokedup
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its cool, nothing wromg with putting your skills on display without trying to win. There was a story a few years back where a father and son(purple belts) closed out a tourny, GUy said he was gonna post vid but never did :(
2/13/13 8:46 AM
pray for japan

i dont see the point in doing this in a tourney. i thought at first it was gonna be cool but when i saw the vid there was no resistance at all and it looked like choreography. if i saw this at a tourney i would rather watch whitebelt spazzing to win. Phone Post
2/13/13 10:35 AM
Baroquen Record
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pray for japan - i dont see the point in doing this in a tourney. i thought at first it was gonna be cool but when i saw the vid there was no resistance at all and it looked like choreography. if i saw this at a tourney i would rather watch whitebelt spazzing to win. Phone Post
Sadly I agree. Phone Post
2/13/13 10:42 AM
gusto

pray for japan -  i dont see the point in doing this in a tourney. i thought at first it was gonna be cool but when i saw the vid there was no resistance at all and it looked like choreography. if i saw this at a tourney i would rather watch whitebelt spazzing to win. Phone Post

it looked like kata and it's gross.

we all make mistakes, the key is to learn from them
2/13/13 1:49 PM
biggator
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNIQhtWIyCY
2/13/13 2:27 PM
mikecimm
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is what it should look like.

2/13/13 2:29 PM
mikecimm
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for biggator

2/13/13 7:28 PM
IGotBroncoPunchedFromBehind
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My brother and I have closed out tourneys on more than a few occasions.

We've conceded to each other in the last, but the last few times, we've flowed, and it was always more fun, and much more entertaining to the crowd, especially after we start talking trash and hamming it up.

I won't grapple my brother in tourneys, because we've rolled so many hard fought, tight matches in 12 years of jujitsu that it's not worth the war in a tourney when we still have matches left. Phone Post
2/19/13 7:34 AM
HoldYerGround
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand why you posted this non-competitive match over the real fights you had to get to the finals. I'm not a fan of pro wrestling. Phone Post
2/19/13 8:49 AM
Bjjudo

HoldYerGround - I don't understand why you posted this non-competitive match over the real fights you had to get to the finals. I'm not a fan of pro wrestling. Phone Post
I don't understand why you made this negative post when you could have not been a cunt and said something positive. Phone Post
2/19/13 2:36 PM
T-Ham
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That Camarillo brothers match is outstanding!! Phone Post
2/19/13 6:10 PM
HoldYerGround
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overreact much bro? Maybe just post a legit comp video. Phone Post
2/20/13 3:12 AM
Bjjudo

HoldYerGround - Overreact much bro? Maybe just post a legit comp video. Phone Post
Have before. Again, no need to be negative. If you don't like it, move along. Phone Post
2/20/13 7:23 AM
pray for japan

felt bad for the referee worst of all cos he had to watch the entire thing. reffing is truly a thankless job. the urge he must have had to just do a double dq lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.