UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I believe that if Pettis isn't going to stay at 45

2/12/13 9:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Him and Aldo should just fight at a 150 catch weight. Makes zero sense to drop down, win the belt and then immediately vacate the division. If he plans on sticking around at 145 for a few fights to at least defend a couple times then I'm all for it being a title shot. But if he's gonna just dump the belt and move back up to LW then why bother. All that said this is totally speculative and won't actually matter since I believe Aldo will win. War Jose! Phone Post
2/12/13 9:51 PM
MarkRobinson
1270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I imagine If he beats Aldo, there will be an immediate rematch. 

2/12/13 9:53 PM
phillyslice99
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Pettis wins but either way this is the biggest fight at FW yet Phone Post
2/12/13 9:56 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he wins the belt at FW I doubt he would vacate it.

Has he said specifically that if he beats Aldo he will give up the belt? Phone Post
2/12/13 9:59 PM
aarick161

If he wins he'll obviously stay at 145. If he loses who knows. Phone Post
2/12/13 9:59 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aarick161 -  If he wins he'll obviously stay at 145. If he loses who knows. Phone Post

Kind of a tough situation for Erik Koch if Pettis wins.

2/12/13 10:03 PM
bekk46

For some reason id rather see him fight at LW. All the matchups I've been envisioning in my head for months! Phone Post
2/12/13 10:24 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
aarick161 -  If he wins he'll obviously stay at 145. If he loses who knows. Phone Post

If you are gonna give up a UFC belt for a training partner that may never earn a shot at it your priorities are fucked up IMO. Phone Post
2/12/13 10:33 PM
daba

I was wondering what he would do if he wins vs Aldo at 145.

If he wins I imagine Aldo will get an immediate rematch so he'd have to wait to try and get the title at 155.

If he loses it's very unlikely he would get the next shot at the title at 155.

So basically win or lose it doesn't seem like he'll get the title shot at 155 for a while now. Before he had a guarantee shot. This is why I don't like his move to 145.
2/12/13 10:58 PM
not_really_sure
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't he say he wanted to fight at both weights?
It'd be pretty awesome to see a dual belt defending champion Phone Post
2/12/13 11:10 PM
Ep32nv
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericanBoxing -

If you are gonna give up a UFC belt for a training partner that may never earn a shot at it your priorities are fucked up IMO. Phone Post
Exactly Phone Post
2/12/13 11:24 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not_really_sure - Didn't he say he wanted to fight at both weights?
They could never allow this. Outside of Demetrius Johnson, getting their champs to fight is pulling teeth. Imagine having 2 titles tied up with one fighter would be bad for business IMO. Phone Post
2/12/13 11:32 PM
Got MMAlk

not_really_sure - Didn't he say he wanted to fight at both weights?
Would be cool. Would suck to have an injury though. Two belts on hold would blow. Hopefully no injuries of course.

Also, why do some of you guys think Aldo would get an immediate rematch if he were to lose? What if it was a decisive win? I could see it if the fight were really close. Kinda hard to imagine without seeing the fight for me. Then again, with the way people are getting almost anything they ask for these days, I couldn't say I would be too surprised I guess. Phone Post
2/12/13 11:47 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Vitor Me A New One - If he wins the belt at FW I doubt he would vacate it.

Has he said specifically that if he beats Aldo he will give up the belt? Phone Post
Dana was actually the one speculating this iirc. Said something along the lines of he doesn't know what Pettis will do if he wins, he may vacate the belt and move back up and rematch Bendo, he's not sure yet. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:21 AM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He wants the title , when he wins it, he will be happy to defend it every 6 months whilst still pursuing his lightweight ambitions .

Carry on Phone Post
2/13/13 12:28 AM
MacGowan
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ep32nv -
AllAmericanBoxing -

Exactly Phone Post
I doubt pettis would have asked for the fight if Koch didnt lose._ Phone Post
2/13/13 12:59 AM
Pessimist_Pete

I believe it's butter Phone Post
2/25/13 7:00 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

TTT Phone Post
2/25/13 7:47 PM
Hairybog

Would it be possible to fight in 2 weight classes .. Could u hold 2 belts ?? Shouldn't be too hard to drop and gain 10 lbs every 6 months Phone Post
2/25/13 7:55 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Dana has made it clear that he would "NEVER" allow one fighter to hold two belts. That it would clog up divisions and he would never allow it. Given that one of those two divisions is LW, the deepest division with tons of fighters waiting in line, I don't see how Dana/Zuffa would even want this fight ot be for the 145 strap. Unless they are hoping that if Pettis wins he stays there and only there.

No way would it be good to have Pettis holding both belts. Each division would be lucky to have one defense a year given injuries and everything else. FUCK that.

Do it at 150, let them both go back to the division they belong in, and profit.

Who wouldn't buy this fight if they did it at 150?

2/25/13 8:05 PM
40oztofreedom
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see Aldo vs Pettis for sure but I believe it's stupid and pointless for a champion to fight anyone except the top contenders of their division. None of this catch weight non title bullshit.

It should be a privilege and an honor to look down upon your division and defend your position as #1 and you should only focus on that. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:08 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

Dana has made it clear that he would "NEVER" allow one fighter to hold two belts. That it would clog up divisions and he would never allow it. Given that one of those two divisions is LW, the deepest division with tons of fighters waiting in line, I don't see how Dana/Zuffa would even want this fight ot be for the 145 strap. Unless they are hoping that if Pettis wins he stays there and only there.

No way would it be good to have Pettis holding both belts. Each division would be lucky to have one defense a year given injuries and everything else. FUCK that.

Do it at 150, let them both go back to the division they belong in, and profit.

Who wouldn't buy this fight if they did it at 150?

Well said. 100% this. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:09 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

And did I really get 2 vtfds for this? Butthurt is strong in here haha. Phone Post
2/25/13 8:15 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

UGCTT_SidRival -  And did I really get 2 vtfds for this? Butthurt is strong in here haha. Phone Post

Countered that for you. Nothing worse than being VD for opinions...

2/26/13 5:01 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
UGCTT_SidRival -  And did I really get 2 vtfds for this? Butthurt is strong in here haha. Phone Post

Countered that for you. Nothing worse than being VD for opinions...

Thank u sir. I'll vote u up also when I log in on safari. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.