UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Worst game plans... that actually paid off

2/12/13 11:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ns_echoes
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No disrespect intended towards fighters here.

But I rewatched UFC 47 and was amazed at Jonathan Wiezorek's game plan to simply charge Wade Shipp while getting hit in the face. His takedown attempts also resulted in Shipp on top, landing shots. Eventually, Shipp faded and Wiezorek won via TKO.

I'm also reminded of Kevin Rosier utilizing the Homer Simpson strategy to beat Zane Frazier at UFC 1.

What say you, UG?

2/12/13 11:11 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koji Oi...wait.

2/12/13 11:18 PM
stickman
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc - 

Koji Oi...wait.

:-) Voted up!
2/12/13 11:21 PM
HandyDarsh
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ns_echoes -

No disrespect intended towards fighters here.

But I rewatched UFC 47 and was amazed at Jonathan Wiezorek's game plan to simply charge Wade Shipp while getting hit in the face. His takedown attempts also resulted in Shipp on top, landing shots. Eventually, Shipp faded and Wiezorek won via TKO.

I'm also reminded of Kevin Rosier utilizing the Homer Simpson strategy to beat Zane Frazier at UFC 1.

What say you, UG?

Hahah I remember this fight actually.
I thought the gameplan was pretty reckless and expected him to get put away early.
But his opponent seemed to get tired from landing punches, it was entertaining to say the least. Phone Post
2/12/13 11:23 PM
HolyHackZack
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couture vs Liddell 1. You mean Randy will win on his feet? Yeah right... Phone Post
2/12/13 11:34 PM
ns_echoes
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc - 

Koji Oi...wait.

Lol this should be on the list, but that damned Nick Diaz used some kind of trickery.

2/12/13 11:37 PM
DW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lawler vs manhoef...although lawler always fights for the ko so it wasnt unexpected or anything

2/12/13 11:44 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leben vs Silva. 

2/13/13 12:03 AM
Ram Rod
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emerson getting slammed by Maynard... A NC is better than a loss :D Phone Post
2/13/13 12:09 AM
Ram Rod
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belcher staying on the ground with Paul Harris Phone Post
2/13/13 12:44 AM
ns_echoes

Ram Rod -  Belcher staying on the ground with Paul Harris Phone Post

Damn, that's a good one.

2/13/13 12:46 AM
PrettyCoolGuy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russow > Duffee, another Homer stylist.
2/13/13 12:55 AM
Shoguns Shorts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Henderson, UFC 100. Chase Bisping around with my right hand cocked back at my eye and throw the overhand right as hard as I can over and over Phone Post
2/13/13 1:10 AM
Josh_underground
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigfoot vs overeem. I did not expect bigfoots "stand in front of him and don't punch for 2 rounds"to work. Phone Post
2/13/13 1:12 AM
knuckleballs

Hardy out striking Ludwig. I thought he was insane for trying that. Diaz out striking Daley was pretty crazy, too.

And, thanks for reminding me of the amazingness of the Shipp/Wiezorek fight and the Diaz/Koji fight; some of the most epic-technique in the post-SEG era UFC, by far.
2/13/13 1:16 AM
Joe O'Brien

Rani Yahya vs. Mark Hominick
2/14/13 12:42 PM
ns_echoes

ttt

2/14/13 12:51 PM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva vs Bonnar

We all know what he is capable of, but the idea of leaning on a cage and beckoning your opponent into the only spot he has a chance to win the fight is foolish. Of course its what makes him great.

Also:

Silva vs Chael 1: submission
GSP outwrestling Kos was pretty ballsy.
2/14/13 1:36 PM
triso
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe O'Brien - Rani Yahya vs. Mark Hominick

That was a good strategy lol
2/14/13 1:49 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Hello Japan". Never won the fight, but dude would never have been as famous if he was just another guy choked out by Aoki.

Rashad standing with Chuck. Chuck had lost some hype at this point, but it was still probably not the best idea to go toe-to-toe with the Iceman.

Maynard vs Edgar 2. Kind of a strange one, but most people probably would have thought Frankie was an idiot for continuing to stand with Maynard after the first round/fight.

2/14/13 4:12 PM
Son of Neckbone
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fujita/Shammy #1.

To get repeatedly blasted in your iron head until your opponent has a goddamn heart attack.

NO ONE could have saw that coming.

#2 is Kevin Randleman swooping in and knocking Crocop the fuck out.
2/14/13 4:23 PM
SupesUp
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking big nog against Tim Sylvia. I was so mad that whole fight thinking Tim was gonna win.
Tim wasn't gonna brawl or end up on the ground at all so he just sat there pounding his face the whole time. Phone Post
2/14/13 4:24 PM
Evolvable

Lawler vs manhoef.
2/14/13 4:29 PM
Keahi60

Shoguns Shorts - Dan Henderson, UFC 100. Chase Bisping around with my right hand cocked back at my eye and throw the overhand right as hard as I can over and over Phone Post
This made me laugh. Phone Post
2/14/13 5:07 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hughes taking royce down

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.