UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dont post the results in the title

2/13/13 11:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KingGo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slaughter on Tenth Avenue -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
Humphrey - you gotta laugh at these dipshits that know a show might have aired somewhere else before they watch it, come here anyway, then get all whiney when they read a spoiler.

pull your head out of your ass and THINK. if your own stupidity causes you to spoil, blame yourself. This forum isn't centered around a timezone

this is ESPECIALLY true for a site that has a crew of people reporting MMA news. it's not only acceptable, it's expected
Of course it's expected that the results will be on here - learn how to read dickhead. No one is complaining about the results being posted, we're saying don't put the results IN THE ACTUAL FUCKING HEADLINE.

Do you get it now moron? Does it really enhance the reading experience by having the results in the headline? Of course not - for those who've already watched it they know the result anyway so why do they need it in the headline?

Or are you seriously that stupid that you need the UG to remind you of the result in the actual headline so you don't get all lost and upset and shit yourself in the ensuing confusion?

It's like talking to retarded infants around here at times - minus the sympathy. Phone Post

Go back to Sherdog fool, this is a real MMA site, don't come around until you see the show. We can't stop time for one idiot who doesn't know how the internet works....
Got shut the fuck down! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Phone Post
2/13/13 11:35 AM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire -
FUTA WON (C) - You guys do realize that this is a profit based website. The more clicks they get on things the more money they can make. So they can put whatever the fuck they want in order to get more clicks on their threads. Why would anyone come to a MMA website and expect anything less than MMA results after they happen.

You go to any sports based website or app and you get the scores either live or right after they happen. This concept has been going on for a long time no matter if you DVR'd it or not. So quit bitching about it and don't come here expecting Kirik or UG Blog or any poster to cater to you because you haven't seen it yet. Phone Post
You fail at your own attempt to explain , wouldn't they get more clicks if the result isn't in the title ? Phone Post
Not necessarily. If it's after the fact and people are talking about the fight wouldn't they go to the thread with the results. I'm pretty sure that's the proven way that things happen around here. Atleast that's what I do and those threads usually get into the hundreds as far as responses go. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:37 AM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
crossfire -
FUTA WON (C) - You guys do realize that this is a profit based website. The more clicks they get on things the more money they can make. So they can put whatever the fuck they want in order to get more clicks on their threads. Why would anyone come to a MMA website and expect anything less than MMA results after they happen.

You go to any sports based website or app and you get the scores either live or right after they happen. This concept has been going on for a long time no matter if you DVR'd it or not. So quit bitching about it and don't come here expecting Kirik or UG Blog or any poster to cater to you because you haven't seen it yet. Phone Post
You fail at your own attempt to explain , wouldn't they get more clicks if the result isn't in the title ? Phone Post
Ouch.

Dumb people can be ok, it's only when they try to act smart that it becomes annoying. Phone Post
So I'm the idiot or dumb person and you guys are the fucking idiots coming to MMA websites asking results not to be posted of fights that have already happened.

Well I guess I wish I was as smart as you guys then. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:38 AM
KingGo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got MMAlk -
yellow c0ckahlc -
Krookedkemp - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

Once again, just lol.

Solution's pretty simple: DON'T COME ON THE UG UNTIL AFTER THE FIGHTS HAPPEN ON YOUR SIDE OF THE PLANET.

It's the UG's job to report MMA news when it happens. It's your job to be a bit smarter and avoid coming on here if you haven't seen it yet.

It was an accident checking, i was looking to see about wrestling stories and It was the top story. I just don't think it should be the title Phone Post

Accident or no accident, that should tell you that some way, somehow, you're going to stumble upon the results.

Like I said, use your common sense and just stay off the UG until you know who wins. It isn't hard to do, just be patient and show some restraint.

Nope, I disagree with this. This assumes that people are thinking about the episode of TUF they missed when they get on The UG. I got in late last night tired as balls went to bed and TUF was the last thing on my mind. Woke up about 30 mins ago and the first thing I do whenever I wake up is take my phone off the charger and check The UG (again TUF on my DVR was not on my mind). It is a habit. The first thing I see...the results in the headline. What is so hard about making the title something along the lines of:

TUF 17: Casey v. Hart Results

? Phone Post
Someone please answer this question before more 'u mad bro?' And 'sty of teh uG f4g lololololol' responses? Phone Post
2/13/13 11:39 AM
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r tard - 
GarlicSauce - Seriously scummy to spoil results. Not everyone can see these live, a lot of us have to wait.
I would honestly suggest moving to a more modern part of the world, fren Phone Post

...or the submitter could slightly alter the words of the title? Isn't that much easier?
2/13/13 11:40 AM
KingGo

FUTA WON (C) -
crossfire -

Ouch.

Dumb people can be ok, it's only when they try to act smart that it becomes annoying. Phone Post
So I'm the idiot or dumb person and you guys are the fucking idiots coming to MMA websites asking results not to be posted of fights that have already happened.

What part of 'its okay to post the results, just not if the fucking opening title' arent you getting Phone Post
2/13/13 11:48 AM
FUTA WON (C)

KingGo -
FUTA WON (C) -
crossfire -

Ouch.

What part of 'its okay to post the results, just not if the fucking opening title' arent you getting Phone Post
The fight is no longer a live fight what does it matter? Why should the results from a fight that happened already be kept secret? It doesn't matter if the result is in the title Phone Post
2/13/13 11:48 AM
Lasko
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the stupidest god damn thread. Don't go to an mma forum if you haven't seen the fight. 90% of the threads after a card will be about that card. Even if you don't see athread titled "Silva def. Reem" you'll still see stuff like "my god that Bigfoot ko!"

Use common sense. If I missed an episode of lost I wouldn't go to a lost forum to talk about different episodes.

If you seriously can't stop yourself from looking at the forum or app every few hours then you should get no sympathy from anyone and you deserve to get spoiled. Learn some self control and personal responsibility. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:53 AM
KingGo

FUTA WON (C) -
KingGo -
FUTA WON (C) -
crossfire -

Ouch.

The fight is no longer a live fight what does it matter? Why should the results from a fight that happened already be kept secret? It doesn't matter if the result is in the title Phone Post
Because watching fights you already know the results to is just as fun and exciting as watching them when you have no idea what the fucks about to go down, right? Phone Post
2/13/13 11:58 AM
Got MMAlk
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lasko - This is the stupidest god damn thread. Don't go to an mma forum if you haven't seen the fight. 90% of the threads after a card will be about that card. Even if you don't see athread titled "Silva def. Reem" you'll still see stuff like "my god that Bigfoot ko!"

Use common sense. If I missed an episode of lost I wouldn't go to a lost forum to talk about different episodes.

If you seriously can't stop yourself from looking at the forum or app every few hours then you should get no sympathy from anyone and you deserve to get spoiled. Learn some self control and personal responsibility. Phone Post
It isn't about the forums...

UG News had it in their headline. No one is asking 1000s of people to make thread titles a certain way. Staying away from the forums is a given. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:07 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saltyballs - Dumbest complaint I've ever heard. MMA.TV is the premier news source for MMA, of course they will have live results and be discussing said results. Does ESPN or any other news source wait until everyone has seen their football game or baseball game to report or talk about the results?

NO! You can go on any sports forum and talk about results AS THEY HAPPEN. That's the whole point.

LOL at asking an entire forum to adhere to your rules. What's more selfish, asking a forum dedicated to up to date MMA news not to post spoilers, or just keeping yourself off the forum for an hour or two?
You still have failed to comprehend the most basic point being made.

One more time for the dummies: NOBODY IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RESULTS BEING POSTED. BUT THERE IS NO REASON THE RESULT HAS TO BE IN THE HEADLINE.

As Crossfire said, give one good reason why the result has to be in the headline??

You idiots are seriously suggesting that anyone who doesn't live in the US avoids the UG for 2 days every week just so you can have the pleasure of seeing that weeks TUF results in the actual headline. How exactly does that enhance your UG experience?

So:
Not putting the results in the headline: No downside
Putting results in headline: means spoiler for anyone outside the US with no upside.

This really shouldn't be that hard to explain Phone Post

Except for the fact that THIS IS AN MMA NEWS SITE. Does any other news site report a live event without the result in the headline?

No they don't. GTFO with asking the largest MMA news site to report an event to accommodate your special viewing needs. Why don't you write to ESPN and ask them not to post "Yankees beat the Tigers" in their headline because you haven't seen the event yet.

You wouldn't because that would be stupid.
2/13/13 12:14 PM
Jason
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

Not only is this AN MMA NEW SITE, it is a United States based MMA NEWS SITE. We indeed of course are growing internationally and hope to continue to do so, but 95% of our audience is US based.

Could you imagine ESPN.com waiting to announce the winner of the superbowl until all countries had a chance to watch it?

You also have to remember, there is a large portion of the news audience that DOES want the results right away from here or other news sources, rather than wait to watch it on the DVR later. Many times when I just can't watch the fights for someone reason or other, I still want to know the results, rather than wait to watch them later on DVR.

2/13/13 12:22 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

Not only is this AN MMA NEW SITE, it is a United States based MMA NEWS SITE. We indeed of course are growing internationally and hope to continue to do so, but 95% of our audience is US based.

Could you imagine ESPN.com waiting to announce the winner of the superbowl until all countries had a chance to watch it?

You also have to remember, there is a large portion of the news audience that DOES want the results right away from here or other news sources, rather than wait to watch it on the DVR later. Many times when I just can't watch the fights for someone reason or other, I still want to know the results, rather than wait to watch them later on DVR.

Exactly. Thank you. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:27 PM
Lasko
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lasko - This is the stupidest god damn thread. Don't go to an mma forum if you haven't seen the fight. 90% of the threads after a card will be about that card. Even if you don't see athread titled "Silva def. Reem" you'll still see stuff like "my god that Bigfoot ko!"

Your argument may have held some validity if this was a TUF forum, was called TUF.tv instead of mma.tv or if the sport of mma consisted entirely of the TUF tv show.

Since neither of those things are true, you should read a thread first, then think before posting. Better yet, get an adult to proof read what you're about to post firsr to prevent you looking like an ignoramus.

Still, not one person can give one reason or benefit to the result being included in the headline. Phone Post

Thread title: Dont post the results in the title

Body of thread by OP: You just ruined it for people who couldn't watch it live, thanks underground

No mention of TUF. To be honest it looks like this thread is all over the place between people talking about the forums titles and other people talking about news titles. But you don't care about that, you just want to sound like a cool kid and run your mouth.

It's like this place is filled with toddlers.
2/13/13 12:32 PM
Letibleu
1660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 12:34 PM

For the record, this is not an MMA news site. If this is supposed to be a news site, you're doing it wrong.

2/13/13 12:36 PM
Saltyballs

crossfire - And apparently you cant have a discussion without some downvotes , LOL

And no one gives a good explanation , just shows you how fucking stupid your arguments are. Phone Post
You probably got voted down for calling people stupid and mouth breathers. You're a good poster, I'll vote you up tomorrow bro. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:48 PM
Got MMAlk
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

So basically, the only solution is to stay away from the site for however long in the case that it is more important for me to see the results before hearing about them. This issue really makes a lot of people defensive. I don't see what the big deal is about wording a title differently when the substance of an article is identical, but it is what it is. I think of it more like this...

When I checked movie times (let's say for when I saw Django Unchained) I was glad the title didn't say "(Ending goes here)." I had the actual ending typed out, but then I felt like a dickhead. Plus, that movie is too awesome to spoil in case people haven't seen it.

Oh well.

Phone Post
2/13/13 12:49 PM
Jason
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - 
Saltyballs -
crossfire - And apparently you cant have a discussion without some downvotes , LOL

And no one gives a good explanation , just shows you how fucking stupid your arguments are. Phone Post
You probably got voted down for calling people stupid and mouth breathers. You're a good poster, I'll vote you up tomorrow bro. Phone Post
Got a little carried away there , sorry if i offended anyone. Its just frustrating when even the mods are trolling Phone Post

how are the mods trolling?

2/13/13 12:51 PM
Jason

honest question. Are there examples of this out there? is there another big mma website you can go to after a fight night and not see the results of what happened on thier forums or news?

2/13/13 12:53 PM
Got MMAlk

Jason -

honest question. Are there examples of this out there? is there another big mma website you can go to after a fight night and not see the results of what happened on thier forums or news?

It isn't about the results from what I understand. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:55 PM
TDogg926

Seriously, if you don't want to know results, stay off the forums until you watch it. It's common sense. Can't complain about people posting results of an mma fight on an mma forum. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:57 PM
Got MMAlk

TDogg926 - Seriously, if you don't want to know results, stay off the forums until you watch it. It's common sense. Can't complain about people posting results of an mma fight on an mma forum. Phone Post
Not about the forums. Phone Post
2/13/13 1:17 PM
Lasko

Jason -

The Super Bowl is an American sport. MMA / the UFC is a global sport. Therin lies the difference. Ask Dana if you don't believe me. So stop making it sound like its the rest of the worlds privelidge to watch this great sport of yours when the UFCs expansion plans going forward revolve largely around the rest of the world, ie not the US.

Following your logic, why doesn't Dana just tweet the results straight after the show? It's already been aired in the US and some people would find the info genuinely useful so why not right? Most of his twitter followers would be based in the US too. But he doesn't because he gets it.

As for you saying that a simple mouse-click is too difficult for you to get see results that really is entirely a matter for you and your concentration span...it's not like we're dealing with commodity prices on the stock exchange here - I think you can wait 5 seconds while the page loads after you click the headline. Phone Post

I guess you don't follow the UFC on facebook. They'll post the results not long after the fight happens, including title fights. That's something to legitimately bitch about. Having an MMA match spoiled on an MMA site is not. 2 completely different animals. You're too busy trying to belittle people on a message board to pay any attention though.
2/13/13 1:21 PM
Got MMAlk

Got MMAlk -
TDogg926 - Seriously, if you don't want to know results, stay off the forums until you watch it. It's common sense. Can't complain about people posting results of an mma fight on an mma forum. Phone Post
Not about the forums. Phone Post
Right again. When you open the app it takes you straight to the news section where the title is included the result. Phone Post
This is what my main issue was. Also, it is 100% my fault that I forgot TUF aired last night. It just wasn't the first thing I thought of when I opened up the app, and I get that. I just feel like a more rational solution that would only help would be to word the title differently as opposed to everyone having to stay away from the site until they view a fight. Would people be upset if the result of the fight wasn't in the title because they actually had to click the article in order to find out the result? Maybe it would piss some people off? I don't know? Phone Post
2/13/13 1:25 PM
Got MMAlk

Lasko -
Jason -

The Super Bowl is an American sport. MMA / the UFC is a global sport. Therin lies the difference. Ask Dana if you don't believe me. So stop making it sound like its the rest of the worlds privelidge to watch this great sport of yours when the UFCs expansion plans going forward revolve largely around the rest of the world, ie not the US.

Following your logic, why doesn't Dana just tweet the results straight after the show? It's already been aired in the US and some people would find the info genuinely useful so why not right? Most of his twitter followers would be based in the US too. But he doesn't because he gets it.

As for you saying that a simple mouse-click is too difficult for you to get see results that really is entirely a matter for you and your concentration span...it's not like we're dealing with commodity prices on the stock exchange here - I think you can wait 5 seconds while the page loads after you click the headline. Phone Post

I guess you don't follow the UFC on facebook. They'll post the results not long after the fight happens, including title fights. That's something to legitimately bitch about. Having an MMA match spoiled on an MMA site is not. 2 completely different animals. You're too busy trying to belittle people on a message board to pay any attention though.
I follow them only to get previews, bit rarely get updates from them on my newsfeed, and I have never seen fight results. It's probably because I only visit their page to see the prelims. My newsfeed is full of posts by people I actually talk to on there. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.