UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dont post the results in the title

2/13/13 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Got MMAlk
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prelims* Phone Post
2/13/13 1:41 PM
NotTheNoobURLooking4
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krookedkemp -  You just ruined it for people who couldnt watch it live, thanks underground Phone Post

OP is a newb that never had to avoid the UG for weeks at a time, waiting to see the US premiere of a Pride show.

2/13/13 1:42 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r tard -
Krookedkemp -
Unwariestpickle - Yeah that's crazy. I mean why the fuck would a site about MMA talk about MMA?

I wouldn't personally put the results in the title but there are thousands of people who use this site. If you were that concerned about it MAYBE you should watch the fights before going on a site where people talk about the results?

Get another box of tampons and tissues and go cry about it somewhere else.
First off. Fuck man, you are a miserable cunt, someone must of done some real emotional damage to you. Second off, i use the mobile app. And its a force of habit to check this like clock work. Also the show doesnt air at the same time every where stupid ass. Why dont you take your comments to a shrink and get some help you gorp. Phone Post
Phone Post
Grown men calling each other cunts makes me laugh Phone Post
2/13/13 1:43 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know why it's so hard for people to avoid the UG if their are fights on they are missing.  Last night I wanted to watch the Oilers game when TuF was on first, so I watched the game, then caught a replay...Wow, I wasn't on the UG for a whole 5 hours....I don't know how I did it!

2/13/13 1:47 PM
Got MMAlk
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ImA2TimeLoser -
Got MMAlk -
Lasko -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
Jason -

Not only is this AN MMA NEW SITE, it is a United States based MMA NEWS SITE. We indeed of course are growing internationally and hope to continue to do so, but 95% of our audience is US based.

Could you imagine ESPN.com waiting to announce the winner of the superbowl until all countries had a chance to watch it?

You also have to remember, there is a large portion of the news audience that DOES want the results right away from here or other news sources, rather than wait to watch it on the DVR later. Many times when I just can't watch the fights for someone reason or other, I still want to know the results, rather than wait to watch them later on DVR.

The Super Bowl is an American sport. MMA / the UFC is a global sport. Therin lies the difference. Ask Dana if you don't believe me. So stop making it sound like its the rest of the worlds privelidge to watch this great sport of yours when the UFCs expansion plans going forward revolve largely around the rest of the world, ie not the US.

Following your logic, why doesn't Dana just tweet the results straight after the show? It's already been aired in the US and some people would find the info genuinely useful so why not right? Most of his twitter followers would be based in the US too. But he doesn't because he gets it.

As for you saying that a simple mouse-click is too difficult for you to get see results that really is entirely a matter for you and your concentration span...it's not like we're dealing with commodity prices on the stock exchange here - I think you can wait 5 seconds while the page loads after you click the headline. Phone Post

I guess you don't follow the UFC on facebook. They'll post the results not long after the fight happens, including title fights. That's something to legitimately bitch about. Having an MMA match spoiled on an MMA site is not. 2 completely different animals. You're too busy trying to belittle people on a message board to pay any attention though.
I follow them only to get previews, bit rarely get updates from them on my newsfeed, and I have never seen fight results. It's probably because I only visit their page to see the prelims. My newsfeed is full of posts by people I actually talk to on there. Phone Post
They do post them. Bellator does too. Strikeforce used to do it as well. Stop bullshittin. Phone Post
Never said they didn't. Said I have never seen them. No bullshit. What would your solution be, to not come to the site until I see the fight? What is so bad about wording the title differently? I would love to hear just 1 good reason as to what the disadvantage of having a less revealing title is.

Before you answer my first question, I wont stay away from the site. I enjoy it. I'm not complaining either. I can see why the situation bothers some people though. My mind is open for change if someone can provide sensible disadvantages to having an article title that is suited to conveying the same topic without the spoils. Phone Post
2/13/13 1:54 PM
Got MMAlk

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 -

I don't know why it's so hard for people to avoid the UG if their are fights on they are missing.  Last night I wanted to watch the Oilers game when TuF was on first, so I watched the game, then caught a replay...Wow, I wasn't on the UG for a whole 5 hours....I don't know how I did it!

It's not hard, but in my case (which I have already stated is my fault) I clicked the app this morning when I got up forgetting that TUF aired last night, and bam the first news title I see is about Hart def. Casey. I went "Damnit, I forgot."

What is so hard about having a title that doesn't have the result in the title? Would more people be bothered by that? If that is the case, I'm not a selfish guy. I can deal with it if the masses must have the results of a fight in the title of an article about the results of a fight. Phone Post
2/13/13 2:10 PM
Got MMAlk

crossfire -
Got MMAlk -
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 -

It's not hard, but in my case (which I have already stated is my fault) I clicked the app this morning when I got up forgetting that TUF aired last night, and bam the first news title I see is about Hart def. Casey. I went "Damnit, I forgot."

What is so hard about having a title that doesn't have the result in the title? Would more people be bothered by that? If that is the case, I'm not a selfish guy. I can deal with it if the masses must have the results of a fight in the title of an article about the results of a fight. Phone Post
Reading comprehension ? If you guys who just shits on the idea actually read what we're discussing there would be no discussion.

And there is still not one good reason to include the result in the title , NOT ONE ! Phone Post
I agree. Phone Post
2/13/13 2:40 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't read this thread but, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the majourity of people told you that logic dictates you stay away from MMA news sites if you're worried about spoilers. That was a long sentence.

Anyway, if I'm correct and that's what people are saying to you... I'll tell you why. It's because they're smarter than you. I didn't watch it live, and I avoided having it spoiled. It wasn't difficult. I wish I could say "if I can do it, so could you" but let's be realistic; you probably can't.
2/13/13 2:55 PM
Got MMAlk

RileyPust - I didn't read this thread but, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the majourity of people told you that logic dictates you stay away from MMA news sites if you're worried about spoilers. That was a long sentence.

Anyway, if I'm correct and that's what people are saying to you... I'll tell you why. It's because they're smarter than you. I didn't watch it live, and I avoided having it spoiled. It wasn't difficult. I wish I could say "if I can do it, so could you" but let's be realistic; you probably can't.
My stance on the issue still hasn't changed because your post doesn't apply to the discussion. You admitted to not reading the thread, so I can't blame you for not understanding the topic at hand. Phone Post
2/13/13 2:58 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay :)
2/13/13 3:00 PM
RustyTrombone
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

honest question. Are there examples of this out there? is there another big mma website you can go to after a fight night and not see the results of what happened on thier forums or news?

I think the issue isn't the forums but having the result in the headline. Maybe it would be a compromise to have 'TUF 17 episode 4 result' as the headline? Didn't bother me but I can see how it'd be annoying if u didn't know Phone Post
2/13/13 3:16 PM
Bentleysuper8

I learned the hard way to stay the fuck away from my computer until I see the fights.
2/13/13 3:24 PM
Got MMAlk

Bentleysuper8 - I learned the hard way to stay the fuck away from my computer until I see the fights.
It's true (and I often times do the same), but it isn't the only solution. Phone Post
2/13/13 6:10 PM
KZTT_W85
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's been pissing me off, tuf airs here 6 days after the us.

I'm always on here but it is going to limit my traffic.

Of course the discussions have to take place But when you are catering for people from all over the place there should be no results in the title. Phone Post
2/13/13 6:25 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
Krookedkemp - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

Once again, just lol.

Solution's pretty simple: DON'T COME ON THE UG UNTIL AFTER THE FIGHTS HAPPEN ON YOUR SIDE OF THE PLANET.

It's the UG's job to report MMA news when it happens. It's your job to be a bit smarter and avoid coming on here if you haven't seen it yet.

It was an accident checking, i was looking to see about wrestling stories and It was the top story. I just don't think it should be the title Phone Post

Accident or no accident, that should tell you that some way, somehow, you're going to stumble upon the results.

Like I said, use your common sense and just stay off the UG until you know who wins. It isn't hard to do, just be patient and show some restraint.

So if i know who's in the finale its ok to post it here ? Or will you be a bunch of stupid butthurt cunt pussies then , look the tuf fight results aren't that big of a deal so why not post the results either in the discussion thread or when it has aired outside of murrica its not that fucking complicated. Phone Post

Who the hell is acting like a bunch of butthurt pussies? Oh that's right: the OP is, along with the rest of you bitching about the results being in the title

Once again, stay off the UG until you watch the episode. It's called self-control. Honestly, I could give a shit if they stop including the results in the title, but it's called common sense for a reason. You say it's not that fucking complicated, yet the same could be said to you.

UG's job is to post news. You don't see other news articles titled,"Guess who won at UFC 156," do you? 

2/13/13 6:27 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck, Jason already hit the nail on the head with his post.

If you guys can't understand what he's saying, then that's on you. 

2/13/13 6:27 PM
brigsy
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's an easy fix. Guess it depends if the site sees itself as US only or international. If International accept that different countries have different air times or even days.

Don't put the result in the title. Ta. Phone Post
2/13/13 6:29 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I know, right, it's so fucking stupid. Not that there was a spoiler on the front page, but that somebody would really come to a mma news site to trying to avoid spoilers. Phone Post
2/13/13 6:32 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
Lasko -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
Jason -

Not only is this AN MMA NEW SITE, it is a United States based MMA NEWS SITE. We indeed of course are growing internationally and hope to continue to do so, but 95% of our audience is US based.

Could you imagine ESPN.com waiting to announce the winner of the superbowl until all countries had a chance to watch it?

You also have to remember, there is a large portion of the news audience that DOES want the results right away from here or other news sources, rather than wait to watch it on the DVR later. Many times when I just can't watch the fights for someone reason or other, I still want to know the results, rather than wait to watch them later on DVR.

The Super Bowl is an American sport. MMA / the UFC is a global sport. Therin lies the difference. Ask Dana if you don't believe me. So stop making it sound like its the rest of the worlds privelidge to watch this great sport of yours when the UFCs expansion plans going forward revolve largely around the rest of the world, ie not the US.

Following your logic, why doesn't Dana just tweet the results straight after the show? It's already been aired in the US and some people would find the info genuinely useful so why not right? Most of his twitter followers would be based in the US too. But he doesn't because he gets it.

As for you saying that a simple mouse-click is too difficult for you to get see results that really is entirely a matter for you and your concentration span...it's not like we're dealing with commodity prices on the stock exchange here - I think you can wait 5 seconds while the page loads after you click the headline. Phone Post

I guess you don't follow the UFC on facebook. They'll post the results not long after the fight happens, including title fights. That's something to legitimately bitch about. Having an MMA match spoiled on an MMA site is not. 2 completely different animals. You're too busy trying to belittle people on a message board to pay any attention though.
I
Do
Not
Follow
The
UFC
On
Facebook Phone Post
You've
Already
Lost
This
Argument
Why
Are
You
Still
Going
On? Phone Post
2/13/13 6:33 PM
brigsy
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This moaning was in reverse when the smashes was on. Phone Post
2/13/13 6:46 PM
Jason
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
brigsy - This moaning was in reverse when the smashes was on. Phone Post
Not true. No one watched that season :) Phone Post
2/13/13 6:49 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

crossfire -  To be honest i personally can't give a shit if they include the results or not , but no one has yet given a reason why to have it in the title !!!!!!!!¡¡!¡

Give me one fucking reason to why its better , or STFU ! Phone Post

Once more (one last final time), refer to Jason's post.

Nothing more needs to be said on the matter. Just stay offline until you watch the fights.

2/13/13 6:51 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

crossfire -  Bottom line is that no one wants to know the outcome before they watch it , it can easily be avoided and the site gets more traffic , its a win for everyone and PLEASE prove me wrong ! Phone Post

How do you know the site would get more traffic?

I would think it would remain the same, considering those of you who lack patience would replace the people actually searching for results, as they'd be tempted to click on a link that actually states who won in the title.

2/13/13 6:53 PM
Barbalos

Edited: 02/13/13 6:53 PM
Why should we have to suffer and not discuss the latest fight openly to spare you guys?
2/13/13 7:05 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire -  To be honest i personally can't give a shit if they include the results or not , but no one has yet given a reason why to have it in the title !!!!!!!!¡¡!¡

Give me one fucking reason to why its better , or STFU ! Phone Post

Once more (one last final time), refer to Jason's post.

Nothing more needs to be said on the matter. Just stay offline until you watch the fights.

First of all we are not talking about actual fights , just about the tuf:s and why is this such a big deal to some of you ? It was a suggestion and a good one to. You don't want to stay of this place and neither do a lot of other users.
The problem is easily fixed and everyone gets happy.
There is no reason whatsoever to have the result in the title , end of discussion. Phone Post

There is reason, you're just stubborn to accept the fact that Jason's right. Again, refer to his post.

Fights, TUF results, etc. You know what I meant. It all comes back to the title regarding TUF. 

It's not a big deal to me at all, which should prove just how dumb it is for any of you to be pissed about this subject. Stay the hell off the UG until you watch the fights and know the results for yourself! It's that simple

lol@"end of discussion." Again, stubborn, refusing to understand their reasoning behind placing the results in the title. Amazing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.