UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dont post the results in the title

2/13/13 7:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Got MMAlk
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - Why should we have to suffer and not discuss the latest fight openly to spare you guys?
I haven't figured put how to discuss when I'm not on the forums and only checking news on my app. How do you do that? Phone Post
2/13/13 7:16 PM
Chash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 7:19 PM
Honestly dont see why the results have to be in the title itself, its definetly spoiled more than a couple things.

And the way that everyone is jumping on eachother over this is rediculous. MMA has taken a lot of time to drop the meathead connotations, after seeing some of these posts apparently theres still quite a bit left to be phased out and to be frank, its actually a little embarrassing.
2/13/13 7:25 PM
UGCTT_Song2
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like spoilers in thread titles. Its good to know that somewhere, outside america, an idiot uger is fuming mad Phone Post
2/13/13 7:25 PM
Got MMAlk
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire -  To be honest i personally can't give a shit if they include the results or not , but no one has yet given a reason why to have it in the title !!!!!!!!¡¡!¡

Give me one fucking reason to why its better , or STFU ! Phone Post

Once more (one last final time), refer to Jason's post.

Nothing more needs to be said on the matter. Just stay offline until you watch the fights.

First of all we are not talking about actual fights , just about the tuf:s and why is this such a big deal to some of you ? It was a suggestion and a good one to. You don't want to stay of this place and neither do a lot of other users.
The problem is easily fixed and everyone gets happy.
There is no reason whatsoever to have the result in the title , end of discussion. Phone Post

There is reason, you're just stubborn to accept the fact that Jason's right. Again, refer to his post.

Fights, TUF results, etc. You know what I meant. It all comes back to the title regarding TUF. 

It's not a big deal to me at all, which should prove just how dumb it is for any of you to be pissed about this subject. Stay the hell off the UG until you watch the fights and know the results for yourself! It's that simple

lol@"end of discussion." Again, stubborn, refusing to understand their reasoning behind placing the results in the title. Amazing.

Yellow, you know I like your posts. I'm not pissed at all, but I don't think Jason is right either. If the results weren't in the title I would guess that no one would mind AND no one would have to "stay away." Is that thread title that good that it wouldn't be just as efficient to simply type "TUF Episode 4 Results" as opposed to what it is? Like I said before, if someone can tell me why it is better to have the results in the title of the article than my mind is open to change. Until then, I just can't find it possible to agree. I don't think staying away from the site is the only, most rational, or best solution for the issue. I think it is fine to mention on the forums what bothers you about something on the site too. It's the only way things evolve. Phone Post
2/13/13 7:29 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus Christ, crossfire. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trolling me. If you are, congrats.

If not, we're just going in circles.

2/13/13 7:30 PM
Got MMAlk

UGCTT_Song2 - I like spoilers in thread titles. Its good to know that somewhere, outside america, an idiot uger is fuming mad Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
2/13/13 7:32 PM
yellow c0ckahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got MMAlk - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire -  To be honest i personally can't give a shit if they include the results or not , but no one has yet given a reason why to have it in the title !!!!!!!!¡¡!¡

Nothing more needs to be said on the matter. Just stay offline until you watch the fights.

First of all we are not talking about actual fights , just about the tuf:s and why is this such a big deal to some of you ? It was a suggestion and a good one to. You don't want to stay of this place and neither do a lot of other users.
There is no reason whatsoever to have the result in the title , end of discussion. Phone Post

There is reason, you're just stubborn to accept the fact that Jason's right. Again, refer to his post.

Fights, TUF results, etc. You know what I meant. It all comes back to the title regarding TUF. 

It's not a big deal to me at all, which should prove just how dumb it is for any of you to be pissed about this subject. Stay the hell off the UG until you watch the fights and know the results for yourself! It's that simple

lol@"end of discussion." Again, stubborn, refusing to understand their reasoning behind placing the results in the title. Amazing.

Yellow, you know I like your posts. I'm not pissed at all, but I don't think Jason is right either. If the results weren't in the title I would guess that no one would mind AND no one would have to "stay away." Is that thread title that good that it wouldn't be just as efficient to simply type "TUF Episode 4 Results" as opposed to what it is? Like I said before, if someone can tell me why it is better to have the results in the title of the article than my mind is open to change. Until then, I just can't find it possible to agree. I don't think staying away from the site is the only, most rational, or best solution for the issue. I think it is fine to mention on the forums what bothers you about something on the site too. It's the only way things evolve. Phone Post

It's fine if you don't think he's right. It just needs to be understood why the UG does it. It's not like they haven't taken your issues into consideration. They just know what's best for their site because they run it.

Just roll with it. There's a solution already there, which is to avoid the site in order to avoid the results.

2/13/13 7:34 PM
UGCTT_Song2
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crossfire -
UGCTT_Song2 - I like spoilers in thread titles. Its good to know that somewhere, outside america, an idiot uger is fuming mad Phone Post
Ok so I'm an idiot for suggesting a quick fix to a simple problem which results in more traffic for the site ? Phone Post
U mad bro?

Fuming mad? Phone Post
2/13/13 7:35 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

Jesus Christ, crossfire. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trolling me. If you are, congrats.

If not, we're just going in circles.

Yes we are , cause you refuse to answer my questions. You cant answer them cause then you will agree. Phone Post

Your questions have already been answered, ffs. Read through the thread, I'm not gonna repeat myself and I know Jason and others won't either.

The problem is you refuse to accept their reasoning because you don't like it. You think it's wrong, and that's fine. That's your opinion. But enough is enough already.

2/13/13 7:39 PM
Got MMAlk

yellow c0ckahlc -
Got MMAlk - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

It's fine if you don't think he's right. It just needs to be understood why the UG does it. It's not like they haven't taken your issues into consideration. They just know what's best for their site because they run it.

Just roll with it. There's a solution already there, which is to avoid the site in order to avoid the results.

I don't think that is a solution, but fair enough. It would make more sense if I knew why they did that. Let's say everyone were to stay away from the site, why would they need the results in the title of the article if the only people coming to the site were people who either saw the results already, or people who have no interest in actually viewing the fight and could just click the article link either way? Phone Post
2/13/13 7:42 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
Got MMAlk -
TDogg926 - Seriously, if you don't want to know results, stay off the forums until you watch it. It's common sense. Can't complain about people posting results of an mma fight on an mma forum. Phone Post
Not about the forums. Phone Post
Right again. When you open the app it takes you straight to the news section where the title is included the result. Phone Post

That's because half of the people with the app don't post on the forums, they just read the latest news in the MMA world.

Again, they put the results in the title for that reason. For those of you in the minority who don't want the results in the title, just avoid the UG altogether until you do.

2/13/13 7:46 PM
DezzNutzz
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason -

Not only is this AN MMA NEW SITE, it is a United States based MMA NEWS SITE. We indeed of course are growing internationally and hope to continue to do so, but 95% of our audience is US based.

Could you imagine ESPN.com waiting to announce the winner of the superbowl until all countries had a chance to watch it?

You also have to remember, there is a large portion of the news audience that DOES want the results right away from here or other news sources, rather than wait to watch it on the DVR later. Many times when I just can't watch the fights for someone reason or other, I still want to know the results, rather than wait to watch them later on DVR.

Lol @ superbowl being watched by other countries. Phone Post
2/13/13 7:47 PM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got MMAlk -
Barbalos - Why should we have to suffer and not discuss the latest fight openly to spare you guys?
I haven't figured put how to discuss when I'm not on the forums and only checking news on my app. How do you do that? Phone Post
Well for starters you could glance away for one second while the app loads and then press forums right away thus not seeing the news portion. Phone Post
2/13/13 7:49 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

crossfire -  Why are you avoiding my questions ?

1: is it necessary to have the result in the title ?

2: Would mma.tv have more or less users using the forum if they didn't risk getting the results of the TUF fights as soon as you start the app ? Phone Post

Because I just told you to read through the thread and you'll find the answers yourself.

Not going to repeat myself over and over because you refuse to read and comprehend what we're telling you.

2/13/13 7:53 PM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got MMAlk -
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

There are already threads with those titles. As soon as the fight is over they make a new thread with the results which gets hundreds or replies also. So nobody uses tge old thread once the fight is already done. I don't understand why you guys feel the need to be catered to because you can't stay off an internet site for a few hours till you see the show.

You guys expect everyone else to wait while you catch up and I just don't see how that would be fair to the thousands and have access to live sporting events. This is 2013 dude get with the times. There are plenty of ways to see shows live. Phone Post
2/13/13 7:53 PM
Got MMAlk

FUTA WON (C) -
Got MMAlk -
Well for starters you could glance away for one second while the app loads and then press forums right away thus not seeing the news portion. Phone Post
I don't quite understand your post FUTA. My post was sarcasm because of how many people keep coming on here and bringing up the topic of discussions on the forums, all the while no one has been talking about the forum. The issue is with the UG news titles. I know I can't discuss the news topics from my app. I figured I would change it up rather than saying for the 8th time that the issue has nothing to do with the discussions being had on the forums. Phone Post
2/13/13 7:55 PM
Got MMAlk

FUTA WON (C) -
Got MMAlk -
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

There are already threads with those titles. As soon as the fight is over they make a new thread with the results which gets hundreds or replies also. So nobody uses tge old thread once the fight is already done. I don't understand why you guys feel the need to be catered to because you can't stay off an internet site for a few hours till you see the show.

You guys expect everyone else to wait while you catch up and I just don't see how that would be fair to the thousands and have access to live sporting events. This is 2013 dude get with the times. There are plenty of ways to see shows live. Phone Post
Again, not about the threads. Phone Post
2/13/13 7:58 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -

2: Would mma.tv have more or less users using the forum if they didn't risk getting the results of the TUF fights as soon as you start the app ? Phone Post

Because I just told you to read through the thread and you'll find the answers yourself.

Not going to repeat myself over and over because you refuse to read and comprehend what we're telling you.

Ok this is pointless , I'm not saying that I'm right but in my eyes it would be nicer if people could come here without getting unnecessary info thrown in their faces if its easy to avoid and other users don't get affected by it.
Guess we have to agree on disagreeing. Phone Post

2/13/13 7:59 PM
Got MMAlk

crossfire -
yellow c0ckahlc -

Ok this is pointless , I'm not saying that I'm right but in my eyes it would be nicer if people could come here without getting unnecessary info thrown in their faces if its easy to avoid and other users don't get affected by it.
Guess we have to agree on disagreeing. Phone Post
I cannot agree with this more. I just don't see how it would be a disadvantage. We will all have to agree to disagree, but we can all agree that this is "nice:"

Phone Post
2/13/13 8:00 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

crossfire -  A humble suggestion would be that the app starts in the "forum mode" or if you could choose how it started News , Forum , Fighter search and so on. Phone Post

or if you could choose how it started News , Forum , Fighter search and so on. Phone Post

^now this is a good suggestion. Bravo.

2/13/13 8:09 PM
DezzNutzz
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire -  A humble suggestion would be that the app starts in the "forum mode" or if you could choose how it started News , Forum , Fighter search and so on. Phone Post

or if you could choose how it started News , Forum , Fighter search and so on. Phone Post

^now this is a good suggestion. Bravo.

Too bad it will never happen, we can't even get a search function. Phone Post
2/13/13 8:11 PM
ChuckManson
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I learned along time ago not to come on the UG if I have something recorded to watch later. I know Im going to see spoilers. Although it does suck to not be able to come on to the UG in that time as well but I see both sides of the argument having valid points. This is a MMA news site. Ultimately you can control not hearing or seeing results to a certain extent by avoding venues and forums that provide results for those who cant watch or just want quick results. I even have friends know not to text me with results but sometimes they forget or just wanna be dicks. So doing what you can to avoid seeing or hearing the results prior to viewing is all you can do because its the extent of what you can control. So because you cannot control titles other people create, it is probably in your best interest to just avoid the UG in that time. Respectfully
2/13/13 8:43 PM
Got MMAlk

ChuckManson - I learned along time ago not to come on the UG if I have something recorded to watch later. I know Im going to see spoilers. Although it does suck to not be able to come on to the UG in that time as well but I see both sides of the argument having valid points. This is a MMA news site. Ultimately you can control not hearing or seeing results to a certain extent by avoding venues and forums that provide results for those who cant watch or just want quick results. I even have friends know not to text me with results but sometimes they forget or just wanna be dicks. So doing what you can to avoid seeing or hearing the results prior to viewing is all you can do because its the extent of what you can control. So because you cannot control titles other people create, it is probably in your best interest to just avoid the UG in that time. Respectfully
Which is true. I have a habit of taking my phone off the charger and immediately hitting my UG app as I stated earlier (which I have also taken full responsibility for) when I wake up in the mornings. Typically I do stay away, and all my friends who watch MMA also know to not text me during fights or if they do they say very vague statements or they ask if I am watching. I reciprocate the favor with them. I agree with you. Phone Post
2/13/13 9:07 PM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am going to immediately post all TUF results as soon as they air, and the OP can't do shit about it. Phone Post
2/13/13 9:27 PM
Got MMAlk

Pessimist_Pete - I am going to immediately post all TUF results as soon as they air, and the OP can't do shit about it. Phone Post
Won't matter for this discussion unless you make the UG news articles. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.