UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dont post the results in the title

2/13/13 9:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shanks
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is gayer than two dudes blowing each other in a mazda miata that is driving on top of a rainbow. Phone Post
2/13/13 9:37 PM
Shanks
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shanks - This thread is gayer than two dudes blowing each other in a mazda miata that is driving on top of a rainbow. Phone Post
And that's why I am drawn to it Phone Post
2/13/13 9:39 PM
Foad27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  ^^^^I can't quite believe a mod said these 3 things in the same post:
- Non US users make up 5% of mma.tv user base
- mma.tv would like to cater for these users
- These users should stay the fuck away from mma.tv for 2 out of 7 days of the week, or nearly 30% of the time

Jason, you understand that some of these overseas users are paid members right? Not to mention that I'm confident that some of your advertisers specifically wish to target these users so they may not be thrilled with you telling them to stay away for nearly one third of the week just so you can put obvious spoilers in your headline.

Maybe I'm wrong but I highly doubt that anyone who has a financial interest in this site / organization would make the post that you did... Phone Post

I am really amazed that anyone would have an issue with the result not being in the title, i so did not expect the back lash the OP has copped and the arguments that have followed, and especially suprised that Jason would tell people not to visit the site that i assume pays him for his work,

I could completley understand if there was just a "results" page but it is a "news" site so it covers much more than just results and i for one, and i don't seem to be alone like to check the mobile app every now and again for the news stories like fight anouncments and such
2/13/13 9:52 PM
Got MMAlk
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shanks -
Shanks - This thread is gayer than two dudes blowing each other in a mazda miata that is driving on top of a rainbow. Phone Post
And that's why I am drawn to it Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
2/13/13 9:59 PM
Got MMAlk
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Foad27 -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  ^^^^I can't quite believe a mod said these 3 things in the same post:
- These users should stay the fuck away from mma.tv for 2 out of 7 days of the week, or nearly 30% of the time

Jason, you understand that some of these overseas users are paid members right? Not to mention that I'm confident that some of your advertisers specifically wish to target these users so they may not be thrilled with you telling them to stay away for nearly one third of the week just so you can put obvious spoilers in your headline.

Maybe I'm wrong but I highly doubt that anyone who has a financial interest in this site / organization would make the post that you did... Phone Post

I am really amazed that anyone would have an issue with the result not being in the title, i so did not expect the back lash the OP has copped and the arguments that have followed, and especially suprised that Jason would tell people not to visit the site that i assume pays him for his work,

I could completley understand if there was just a "results" page but it is a "news" site so it covers much more than just results and i for one, and i don't seem to be alone like to check the mobile app every now and again for the news stories like fight anouncments and such
I think what happens is that many times threads like this come off as complaints, where in a face to face conversation they would probably be a simple discussion (agreement or not). With the exception of a few, I feel like most people are just expressing what they think is a simple problem that could be resolved. It is difficult to read what someone is tying to express though, and because of that I understand why people defend both ideas. The thread has gone on way too long and there isn't much left to say. Everything being said, the only way to avoid it for now is to stay away, but there is another option. Phone Post
2/13/13 10:06 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 10:07 PM

Every time this topic comes up I add my $.02 which is this.

A) I completely agree that I see absolutely no reason to include spoilers directly in thread titles, period.  To the many points that have been made in here, it does not effect the conversation.  By all means talk about it, just don't put it in the goddamned title.  I genuinely do not understand the need/want/desire for this...besides to be a douche, of course.

B) Every time this topic comes up the vast and overwhelming majority say STFU and stay the fuck off the forum!  In more, or less, intelligent ways.

2/13/13 11:01 PM
Pessimist_Pete

Got MMAlk -
Pessimist_Pete - I am going to immediately post all TUF results as soon as they air, and the OP can't do shit about it. Phone Post
Won't matter for this discussion unless you make the UG news articles. Phone Post
I don't give a shit. Still going to do it just in case someone accidentally clicks on the forum button Phone Post
2/13/13 11:11 PM
Got MMAlk

Pessimist_Pete -
Got MMAlk -
Pessimist_Pete - I am going to immediately post all TUF results as soon as they air, and the OP can't do shit about it. Phone Post
Won't matter for this discussion unless you make the UG news articles. Phone Post
I don't give a shit. Still going to do it just in case someone accidentally clicks on the forum button Phone Post
That already happens (which is good since it's a forum). So, still won't matter. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:12 PM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got MMAlk - 
Foad27 -

I think what happens is that many times threads like this come off as complaints, where in a face to face conversation they would probably be a simple discussion (agreement or not). With the exception of a few, I feel like most people are just expressing what they think is a simple problem that could be resolved. It is difficult to read what someone is tying to express though, and because of that I understand why people defend both ideas. The thread has gone on way too long and there isn't much left to say. Everything being said, the only way to avoid it for now is to stay away, but there is another option. Phone Post

Voted up.

2/13/13 11:19 PM
Got MMAlk

FUTA WON (C) - 
Got MMAlk - 
Foad27 -

Voted up.

Favor returned.  It isn't often when people can disagree and still be understanding to both sides.

2/13/13 11:38 PM
yellow c0ckahlc

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire -  A humble suggestion would be that the app starts in the "forum mode" or if you could choose how it started News , Forum , Fighter search and so on. Phone Post

or if you could choose how it started News , Forum , Fighter search and so on. Phone Post

^now this is a good suggestion. Bravo.

I agree with this too but at the risk of appearing stubborn, wouldn't that require code work for the App and therefore be a lot harder than just avoiding putting obvious spoilers in the title?

Just saying... Phone Post

Well now, that's where I bow out of this conversation and just point a finger at the app creator.

Stop being lazy APP CREATOR. Make stuff work APP CREATOR.

2/13/13 11:40 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always laugh at people who get upset when they come on a MMA board, and thinking that MMA things are not going to get spoiled for them.

I feel no sympathy what so ever for those people.
2/13/13 11:53 PM
Got MMAlk

yellow c0ckahlc -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire -  A humble suggestion would be that the app starts in the "forum mode" or if you could choose how it started News , Forum , Fighter search and so on. Phone Post

or if you could choose how it started News , Forum , Fighter search and so on. Phone Post

^now this is a good suggestion. Bravo.

I agree with this too but at the risk of appearing stubborn, wouldn't that require code work for the App and therefore be a lot harder than just avoiding putting obvious spoilers in the title?

Just saying... Phone Post

Well now, that's where I bow out of this conversation and just point a finger at the app creator.

Stop being lazy APP CREATOR. Make stuff work APP CREATOR.

Those guys are smart. Coding and scripting take brains, obviously. I like where this thread is going now. Good suggestions. There is a middle ground where everyone can be happy. Not sure what it is yet, but I know it is there.

Guys that do it for a living are crazy fast at it too. I'm not saying it is worth there time to do so, but it can probably be done with relative ease. I am scripting in UnrealScript right now for class, and one guy in our group is overseeing everything we do for the game we are making because he knows what he is doing. A lot of times I will get the code done about 99% of the way and things will work, and he will jump in and make it more efficient just by re-writing my logic to be less strenuous on the Unreal Engine. He can do what I did in 5 or 6 hours in about 1. The funny thing is, he is a game designer (as am I, (but better at the art side) and I'm new to Uscript since about 6 weeks ago), but people that are good at coding immediately pick up the syntax of different languages. I bet a coding solution wouldn't be extremely hard for the UG techs.

I feel like this thread went way better than it could have, and for the most part people made valid arguments for their side. Phone Post
2/14/13 1:46 AM
xXJayRobXx
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - It official, this thread has exhausted me lol

Waiting for the next bright spark to come along with "if you don't wanna know the results don't go on the UG" like they're the first person to suggest it...and then finish with "I have no sympathy" so they can feel like a legit badass.

Ah, good times.... Phone Post
It's always in reply to bitchy people like you complaining about MMA news being on an MMA forum. or the common " your just being an attention whore". Go fuck ya self. Phone Post
2/14/13 1:48 AM
circulation123

All the effort and time that OP (and some other people) has put in this thread is wasted and pointless.

Regardless of what OP says not everyone agrees with this view regarding this issue.

More importantly, not all the UG members read this or are even aware of it.

So this is pointless.
2/14/13 1:55 AM
NotTheNoobURLooking4

Edited: 02/14/13 4:01 AM
crossfire - 
yellow c0ckahlc -
crossfire -  Why are you avoiding my questions ?

1: is it necessary to have the result in the title ?

2: Would mma.tv have more or less users using the forum if they didn't risk getting the results of the TUF fights as soon as you start the app ? Phone Post

Because I just told you to read through the thread and you'll find the answers yourself.

Not going to repeat myself over and over because you refuse to read and comprehend what we're telling you.

Ok this is pointless , I'm not saying that I'm right but in my eyes it would be nicer if people could come here without getting unnecessary info thrown in their faces if its easy to avoid and other users don't get affected by it.
Guess we have to agree on disagreeing. Phone Post

In what universe is the name of the winner of a fight "UNNECESSARY INFO"?

2/14/13 2:16 AM
xXJayRobXx
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 -
All the effort and time that OP (and some other people) has put in this thread is wasted and pointless.

Regardless of what OP says not everyone agrees with this view regarding this issue.

So this is pointless.
It's also pointless for a minority group to try and make the majority conform to their demands. Phone Post
2/14/13 4:14 AM
Got MMAlk

xXJayRobXx -
circulation123 -

So this is pointless.
It's also pointless for a minority group to try and make the majority conform to their demands. Phone Post
I don't believe it's the minority. I would like to know if it is or not, and I stated earlier that if the masses believe people should stay away than that's fine, but I find it hard to believe that people like spoilers. Phone Post
2/14/13 4:43 AM
circulation123

crossfire - 
circulation123 -

So this is pointless.
Lol , then why did you post ? Phone Post

To point out that something is pointless is not necessary a pointless thing. ;)
2/14/13 5:27 AM
circulation123

crossfire - 
circulation123 -
crossfire - 
circulation123 -

So this is pointless.
Lol , then why did you post ? Phone Post

To point out that something is pointless is not necessary a pointless thing. ;)
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound ? Phone Post

I COULD answer that right now but I would like to sit and meditate on that. Ask me again in 3 years if you still remember this.
2/14/13 5:49 AM
RustyTrombone
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My girlfriend left me for a midget.

I couldn't believe she could stoop so low.

Just thought I'd break the tension fellas Phone Post
2/14/13 6:09 AM
UGCTT_Song2
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RustyTrombone - My girlfriend left me for a midget.

I couldn't believe she could stoop so low.

Just thought I'd break the tension fellas Phone Post
I used to date a chick with a lazy eye

She was great

But in the end I had to leave her because she was seeing somebody else Phone Post
2/20/13 8:31 PM
Got MMAlk

crossfire - Thanks UG bosses for not posting the result in the thread title :) Phone Post

In all honestly, MUCH appreciated (I don't know or care if this thread had anything to do with it), and I even stayed away just in case, until i watched it today.

Thank you. Phone Post
2/20/13 8:34 PM
Doc T
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have such an impulse habit of clicking on this app, that if I ever know I will be watching a card late I have to delete the app. If you really want to stay away from the spoilers you'll stay away from the UG come fight night. Phone Post
2/20/13 11:57 PM
KingGo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sooooooo happy, thank you! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.