UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stop spoiling results

2/13/13 9:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 9:19 AM

You're never going to be able to enforce this completely, at all times. Nowhere near.

As a result, if such a rule was implemented, people would keep assuming the forum is spoiler free, and keep running head first into unmoderated spoilers.

This is how every board on the whole Internet works. Especially crowded ones like the UG.

You cannot change how every user of a forum behaves, it only takes one person to spoil, so you just have to deal with it.

I am in the same boat. I live in Norway. I cannot sit up in the middle of the night and watch the events every time. Sometimes I have to watch them the day after, or the day after that.

I just stay away from MMA news sites etc. If it is a particularly big event, I sometimes even delete the bookmarks to avoid some drowsy mistake :D

You can't change how people behave, so save yourself the rage and don't expect it either.

It's like living in a small town where not a goddamned person seems understand they need to STAY CLEAR of the bus/train doors and let the people get out, before new people get in. Makes me mad as hell, when I try to get out, and there is a dozen mongloids trying to get in...but.. deal with it :D

2/13/13 9:57 AM
Shango Unchained
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty sure ops complaining bout the title in the mma news section not the forum cause this is the first time its actually said the results in the title in the mma news section normally it just would say "TUF eps 4 results" so that you can check the other news without gettin a spoiler. obviously your just askin for a spoiler if you go on the forum.
2/13/13 11:14 AM
kosta8201

the geek -
kosta8201 - Results have to stop being posted on the title of the news section. Here in Canada, the ultimate fighter plays at midnight. I go check the news and the results are on the title. Just change the title to "Tuf results" or something. Not Hart defeats casey. Phone Post
I live in Canada but watch it at 6pm on FX. Do you not have FX? Phone Post
No i don't have fx. I watch it on sportsnet. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:20 AM
kosta8201

Shango Unchained - pretty sure ops complaining bout the title in the mma news section not the forum cause this is the first time its actually said the results in the title in the mma news section normally it just would say "TUF eps 4 results" so that you can check the other news without gettin a spoiler. obviously your just askin for a spoiler if you go on the forum.
Thats exactly right. I always avoid the forums. I'm only talking about the news section. I pvr Tuf, I don't always have time to watch it for maybe a day or two after. But I still want to stay updated with recent mma news, especially if there's an event the coming weekend. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:32 PM
MartialArtsMixed
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live in the west coast fraken tape delay Phone Post
2/13/13 2:57 PM
ausgepicht

Motivated Penn - 

You're never going to be able to enforce this completely, at all times. Nowhere near.

As a result, if such a rule was implemented, people would keep assuming the forum is spoiler free, and keep running head first into unmoderated spoilers.

This is how every board on the whole Internet works. Especially crowded ones like the UG.

You cannot change how every user of a forum behaves, it only takes one person to spoil, so you just have to deal with it.

I am in the same boat. I live in Norway. I cannot sit up in the middle of the night and watch the events every time. Sometimes I have to watch them the day after, or the day after that.

I just stay away from MMA news sites etc. If it is a particularly big event, I sometimes even delete the bookmarks to avoid some drowsy mistake :D

You can't change how people behave, so save yourself the rage and don't expect it either.

It's like living in a small town where not a goddamned person seems understand they need to STAY CLEAR of the bus/train doors and let the people get out, before new people get in. Makes me mad as hell, when I try to get out, and there is a dozen mongloids trying to get in...but.. deal with it :D

Did you forget to logout 'gamer'?

2/13/13 4:48 PM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Such a unique thread idea. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.