UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aaron Simpson was cut

2/13/13 11:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jTheHybridwolff
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Simpson was apparently cut by UFC after his last loss. He's fighting Josh Burkman on the March 23 World Series of Fighting card. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:13 AM
Card
1853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a good fight.

2/13/13 11:14 AM
bearockbrobama
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool Phone Post
2/13/13 11:20 AM
Halligalli
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strange cut
2/13/13 11:20 AM
allforroy
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7-4 n the UFC, 3-2 in last 5 fights (I think). That sucks. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:21 AM
JTA420
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weird. Understand he was 1-2 in his last 3 at the time but doesn't make sense to me. That said hope he winds against Burkman. War A-Train! Phone Post
2/13/13 11:23 AM
DanielCaton

A very odd cut, were they just not happy with the way he fights?  I don't get it. 

2/13/13 11:23 AM
jTheHybridwolff
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

allforroy - 7-4 n the UFC, 3-2 in last 5 fights (I think). That sucks. Phone Post
they must have put heads to the chopping
block to make room for SF guys ? Phone Post
2/13/13 11:26 AM
Card
1853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dave Branch vs. Paulo Filho is also on the card.

2/13/13 11:31 AM
ChaosOverkill
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it was a style issue Guida should long cut

2/13/13 11:32 AM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron's biggest issue is probably his age, what plans would they have for a midpack fighter that is 38? He is probably better off headlining a smaller show at this point.

2/13/13 11:34 AM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana sounded upset with his last fight. Said something like "Don't even remember that fight, it was a blur. Never be the blur, man." I think it was in a Helwani video or media scrum or something. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:48 AM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess since he hadn't finished a fight since 2009, getting KO'd by Mike Pierce was the final nail in the coffin. Phone Post
2/13/13 11:50 AM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby - I guess since he hadn't finished a fight since 2009, getting KO'd by Mike Pierce was the final nail in the coffin. Phone Post
Ah I forgot that was his last fight. The quote I'm thinking of was probably in regards to the Kenny Robertson fight. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:00 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister -
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby - I guess since he hadn't finished a fight since 2009, getting KO'd by Mike Pierce was the final nail in the coffin. Phone Post
Ah I forgot that was his last fight. The quote I'm thinking of was probably in regards to the Kenny Robertson fight. Phone Post
Heh when Mike Pierce gets an epic comeback KO like that, that's something you remember :) Phone Post
2/13/13 12:01 PM
shb
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KevinMcAllister -  Dana sounded upset with his last fight. Said something like "Don't even remember that fight, it was a blur. Never be the blur, man." I think it was in a Helwani video or media scrum or something. Phone Post

it was anything but a blur, it was an awesome fight. simpson looked like a monster and pierce showed a ton of heart and punching power. it was probably a blur to dana because he was backstage or something, but it's not like he made this decision anyway
2/13/13 12:01 PM
Willin
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

If it was a style issue Guida should long cut

The difference is that Clay has a following and gets cheered despite his recent awful performances. Marketability is very important for retention in the entertainment industry. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:05 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby

shb -
KevinMcAllister -  Dana sounded upset with his last fight. Said something like "Don't even remember that fight, it was a blur. Never be the blur, man." I think it was in a Helwani video or media scrum or something. Phone Post

it was anything but a blur, it was an awesome fight. simpson looked like a monster and pierce showed a ton of heart and punching power. it was probably a blur to dana because he was backstage or something, but it's not like he made this decision anyway
He was talking about the Robertson fight which was kind of a blur. Phone Post
2/13/13 12:14 PM
grafzep
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Simpson, its a shame that he came to the sport so late in life
2/13/13 12:16 PM
jjchgo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc's loss imo.
2/13/13 12:23 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone tweeted that he wasn't released... Maybe Simpson asked for it? I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing a more part-time deal with fighting these days, he's a coach at ASU for the wrestling team and I believe he coaches(not positive) at Power MMA (the gym that he,Bader, and CB are at) Phone Post
2/13/13 12:32 PM
Wicked smahtMF

Brennamen yes, simpson, no! Aaron was getting his striking together in leaps and bounds. its too bad. unfortunately these guys with extremely wrestling heavy games will always be cut. they are just so fucking boring. their wrestling is so strong that they can walk in and grind out decisions on good mixed martial artists with a few unfortunate holes/ flaws but eventually theyll get theyll get busted up with their heads pushed into the mat, grabbing desperately at ankles while their ears are boxed in... and its beautiful. nothing i hate worse than seeing these guys come in and tackle/ pin their way through 3 rounds... not beating anyone up in any way shape or form but laying on a frustrated fighter that can do nothing. thats not the sort of fighting im paying to watch
2/13/13 3:44 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To clarify the @aaronsimpson deal: just spoke to his manager @magllc, and he told me Simpson's UFC contract expired after the Pierce fight, and he wasn't offered a new one. Martin said the UFC was fair and honest during the transition period. No hard feelings. Simpson then signed a four-fight deal with WSOF, and he is very happy, especially since they promised to keep him active.

From Ariel Helwani Phone Post
2/13/13 3:52 PM
FlyingSubsOnly

Kind of out of the blue, am i right? He's been with the UFC for most of his career, for like 5-6 years. He's 1-1 at WW with a loss to Mike Pierce who is very good, and 3-1 in his last 4 at MW going back 2010, only losing a split decsion to Ronny Markes. Maybe his contract was up and they couldn't agree on $ and WSOF offered easy/more cash.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.