UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> 8 Man purple belt invitational

2/13/13 12:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
trianglinho
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 12:51 PM

Checkmate Submission Tournament. This saturday, Feb 16th in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The rules: 30 min. matches, submission only, no spine attacks, no heel hooks. Everything else is allowed. $400.00 to the winner. The weight class is <190lbs.

check out the Facebook page for details.

https://www.facebook.com/events/338574266257634

Two guys pulled out of the tournament late. One spot was filled. Need one purple belt from the midwest to step up. Help spread the word. post credentials on the event's Facebook page.
2/13/13 1:04 PM
Jdonw
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John Gutta and Andrew Acker.
They've been 1st and 2nd in purple open weight for I think the past 3 Chicago Opens. Plenty of 1st places at NAGA for each, and I believe both have won miscellaneous invitational tournaments.

Gutta is from Hawkeye BJJ and teaches at MFS.
Acker is from Alliance in Wisconsin.
2/13/13 1:15 PM
trianglinho
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the leads Jdonw!
2/13/13 2:53 PM
baby-silverback
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
2/13/13 5:40 PM
Tyler Bishop
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Schrock would be interested.

He is in St. Louis (a short drive away), and is a Pan American Champion and won the absolute at the World Pro cup in Abu Dhabi last year. If he competes he will win.

Send him a message, he is always game. https://www.facebook.com/nick.schrock.3?ref=ts&fref=ts

2/13/13 5:50 PM
Tyler Bishop
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just talked to Nick and he is in if you still have a spot.
2/13/13 7:32 PM
trianglinho

Tyler Bishop - 

Nick Schrock would be interested.

He is in St. Louis (a short drive away), and is a Pan American Champion and won the absolute at the World Pro cup in Abu Dhabi last year. If he competes he will win.

Send him a message, he is always game. https://www.facebook.com/nick.schrock.3?ref=ts&fref=ts

shouldn't have told me that. I'm in the bracket. I'll send him a message.
2/13/13 7:43 PM
trianglinho

Tyler, if you talk to Nick, tell him to check his "other" folder (wtf is that?) on Facebook messages. I wasn't going to pay $1 to invite him.
2/13/13 8:17 PM
c4bjj
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trianglinho - Tyler, if you talk to Nick, tell him to check his "other" folder (wtf is that?) on Facebook messages. I wasn't going to pay $1 to invite him.
Is a new thing Facebook started for when you want to send messages to people that aren't your friend I believe Phone Post
2/13/13 10:37 PM
trianglinho

Ok I didn't pay but he got in touch with the event planner so something happened. Thanks ATAMA BJJ forum.
2/17/13 9:44 AM
c4bjj
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So who won? Phone Post
2/17/13 10:02 AM
TheRealMKL
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moose! Also got the sickest sub of the day with a helicopter armbar. Phone Post
2/17/13 10:22 AM
c4bjj

I'd say I'm suprised but you can't stop a moose! Phone Post
2/17/13 12:33 PM
Blackbeltpanda
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jdonw - John Gutta and Andrew Acker.
They've been 1st and 2nd in purple open weight for I think the past 3 Chicago Opens. Plenty of 1st places at NAGA for each, and I believe both have won miscellaneous invitational tournaments.

Gutta is from Hawkeye BJJ and teaches at MFS.
Acker is from Alliance in Wisconsin.
I've trained with john and his Bjj is top notch Phone Post
2/17/13 2:07 PM
FirstScratch
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1st place- Nick Schrock
2nd place- David Garmo
3rd place- Robby Malof

All matches ended in submission. Schrock won an extra $100 for sickest sub, and he also pulled off the fastest submission at 32 seconds. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.