UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Frank Mir enlists Greg Jackson for Cormier fight

2/14/13 7:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mauler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhiteMustang -  Unfortunately for Mir this changes nothing for him and he loses badly. Phone Post

Agreed
2/14/13 9:07 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gullivers Travels - I wonder how the flying home every weekend might affect his readiness. Seems like that could burn someone out after training hard for 5 days before.

Probably not. It can't be more than about an hour long flight from Albuquerque to Las Vegas.
2/14/13 9:11 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CLINTK9 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
Aleck911 -  Jon Jones is boring? Phone Post

Yes....everyone Jackson coaches is boring.  Jones, Condit, Diego, Cowboy, Cub Swanson, Dodson, Brandao, Leonard Garcia, Marquardt, Stann, Arlovski.

All lay n prayers.

-UG Logic Phone Post

dude, dont deny that GJ has put together some BORING ass game plans! that usually involve some sort of fighting without fighting. even Dana's gone on some rants about that! dont act like it doesnt happen.
LOL @ using Dana for an example like his word is gospel. Dana is completely biased and often judges fights horribly. Why is it when one of his fighters has a great performance and/or finish Jackson never gets any credit? Shit his fighters lead ALL camps in UFC Of the Night bonuses. If a fighter has a boring fight (let's use Maynard/Guida), why does Gray not get any of the blame? It takes 2 to make a boring fight and a great fight.

I mean in his first 5 fights with Jackson's, Melvin had 3 first round kos.
Condit has one of the best finishing rates in mma.

The Greg Jackson hate is Only because Dana criticizes him and many fans ride on his word. It's the same concept with Mazzagatti, he's not that bad of a ref but since Dana says he's the worst....he gets a ton of hate. Phone Post
2/14/13 10:05 PM
stevekt
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just out of curiosity I checked a travel site for flights and couldn't find any non-stop flights from Albuquerque to Las Vegas. Everything I saw had 1 or 2 stops. He's going to burn himself out if he tries to fly home every weekend.
2/14/13 10:20 PM
jasonhightower
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - If Mir get's hit he loses
I believe it really is this simple. Phone Post
2/14/13 10:47 PM
Soup and Beer
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nix1331 - 
Soup and Beer - 

Jackson:  "Ok Frank, here's the gameplan.  You need to just keep throwing jabs but make sure it's about 3 feet from landing.  That gives you enough room to avoid a takedown if he shoots."

Mir: "Uh, ok but if I never land any punches and don't go to the ground how can I win?"

Jackson:  "It makes the judges think you are doing something aggressive and they will give you a unanamous decision!"

are you making fun of greg jackson and judges or are you proving greg jackson is the smartest and most effective coach in mma....winning while doing as little as possible, not entertaining but undeniably successful and safe for the fighters body

I'm making fun of the horrible judges and the horrible coach.  Sure, he helps get one in the win column for a fighter but it's at the expense of endangering the survival of the sport itself.  The interest in MMA is seeing fighting at the highest level.  Not seeing how a gameplan can exploit the rules to create a spectacle that is the furtherest thing away from a "fight". The core fans will put up with it but the core fans aren't the ones that saved the UFC from bankruptcy.  If every fighter had a coach like Jackson, MMA would die a very quick death and be relegated to the tape trading days of last century.

While helping fighter to come up with a gameplan to further his career, he threatens the very livelihood the person he represents depends on.  Jackson has done just as much harm to MMA as John McCain did in the 90's.

2/14/13 10:47 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

May god help us all. We now have an unholy union of Frank Mir (is the devil) and Greg Jackson (gameplans straight from hell).
2/14/13 10:50 PM
atlantis_ninjah

nix1331 - 
Soup and Beer - 

Jackson:  "Ok Frank, here's the gameplan.  You need to just keep throwing jabs but make sure it's about 3 feet from landing.  That gives you enough room to avoid a takedown if he shoots."

Mir: "Uh, ok but if I never land any punches and don't go to the ground how can I win?"

Jackson:  "It makes the judges think you are doing something aggressive and they will give you a unanamous decision!"

are you making fun of greg jackson and judges or are you proving greg jackson is the smartest and most effective coach in mma....winning while doing as little as possible, not entertaining but undeniably successful and safe for the fighters body

Hes bang on with this, Iv been saying this that the most frustrating part about Guida is his little t rex arms are purely for show. The old lay and pray Guida used to lay n pray for a while then eventually get reversed then they would both stand up and clay would just plant his feet in one spot, close his eyes and swing his little t rex arms hitting nothing but air while Sanchas carved him up. Now clay has mastered moving and jabbing from even further away and they know just how stupid the judges are because they have refined this art for a long time.

Cormier is light years ahead of Mir in the only thing Mir is good at: Grappling. This is just like the Guida Maynord fight, this is literally Mirs only path to victory
2/28/13 2:18 PM
Red Stellar
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt - Just out of curiosity I checked a travel site for flights and couldn't find any non-stop flights from Albuquerque to Las Vegas. Everything I saw had 1 or 2 stops. He's going to burn himself out if he tries to fly home every weekend.

I'm late to the party on this thread.

Check Southwest, Terry.
2/28/13 2:32 PM
ortman166

"(let's use Maynard/Guida), why does Gray not get any of the blame? It takes 2 to make a boring fight and a great fight."
Dumbest thing said on this whole thread. Phone Post
2/28/13 3:28 PM
Sergio88
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna be there live I was I could hear Jackson in his corner if he make it out of the round.
"Let's get this breathing under control Mr. Mir your talking a lot shots to the face its too dangerous, I need you to jab and move but your doing great" Phone Post
3/1/13 6:54 PM
Smellde Gluve
608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.