UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: UFC 'done' with Cris 'Cyborg' Santos

2/14/13 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JerodR
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman Munster - 

Will Anderson Silva die if he goes to 170 for the superfight with GSP that Anderson so desperately wants, and you Dana White insist will happen?.  It's interesting that you expect GSP will move up in weight to make this happen, but Ronda can't even go up 5 lbs to make the biggest fight in WMMA happen.  Dana you are a hypocrite and an enabler of this blatant ducking by this person you handed a belt to and pass off as a champion.  The goofiest thing ever is Dana White being a president of anything, let alone being the president of the biggest mixed martial arts organization in the world.

Are serious? Holly crap... Anderson and GSP are BOTH CURRENT CHAMPIONS, and have cleaned out very deep/active divisions. Neither one of them has ever been popped for steroids either.

So you are saying a former 145lb Champion that was the queen of a all but dead division. A person lost her title do to cheating at a weight class that is not represented in the UFC. This woman trying to fight the current CLEAN 135lb champion and force her to move up in weight to a class that doesn't even exist in the UFC and fight a proven cheat and former STRIPPED Champion is the same as GSP vs. Anderson? Are you high?

Talk about a business... What do you do after the fight, since you are sooo much smarter than Dana? Lets say Cyborg wins...then what? The 145lb division is extremely weak. Strikeforce had a hell of a time even finding someone to fight at 145lbs. So much so that even Cyborg herself said that she needed to move down to 135lbs where there was more competition. Is the UFC just supposed to keep doing one off "special" fights for Cyborg? Lets say Rousey wins...then once again what do you do with Cyborg?...same problem. Unless Cyborg loses some of that muscle mass and drops to 135lbs her career is all but finished. She will just have a one off fight every once in a while, and maybe fight some smaller girls that have stepped up to a division they are not large enough for so she can once again be queen of her own division.

Sorry, but you don't build a weight class on one fight. You don't hinge a business on one fight, and in the case of Cyborg...you don't have a career on one fight. Thank god you are not in charge of the UFC or they would be screwed.

Also, Ronda wasn't simply given a belt and passed off as champion. She destroyed Misha to get the Strikeforce title the last time I checked. Now she is going to earn that UFC belt next week. As she stated...she didn't want the belt until she earned it. It isn't like she was just handed a title out of nowhere without having a reason to have it.
2/14/13 12:33 PM
JerodR
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - "First of all, you tested positive for steroids and got stripped of your title. And you’re trying to talk about how Ronda doesn’t want to fight you"
-----------

Right Dana. Sonnen said the same thing about Silva after he also tested positive and you rewarded his losses with an instant title fight with Jon Jones and a spot as a correspondent with Fox.

Yep no one can ever accuse you of having double standards.

The difference is that when Chael got popped for steroids he actually moved to the weight class of the person he called out and didn't demand they come to him. I don't agree with his title shot either, but at least he went to the champ and didn't bitch like a baby and expect them to come to him.
2/14/13 12:36 PM
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She always has a future in Ultimate Submission.
2/14/13 12:37 PM
Cyril Jeff
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Jason - 
EckY -

Cyborg used to not make weight at 145, forcing her to cut another 10 pounds doesnt seem fair, has there ever been anyonee lse that was forced to cut down from a weight class they had problems making in the first place?

No one is forcing her to do anything. They are merely saying there is only one woman's weight division in the UFC right now. Either make it or fight elsewhere Phone Post

I think everyone can agree that Ronda v Cris is, without a doubt, the biggest fight in WMMA, fans want to see it, titles and weight classes notwithstanding...

MAKE IT HAPPEN DFWJr.

2/14/13 12:41 PM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - Ronda has competed in MMA as high as 150 FFS.

What's your point? The division is 135.

2/14/13 12:43 PM
New Leaf 1.0

JSF1984 - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
The Mouth - https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/69243_10200562879375913_1987894609_n.jpg

I posted this with a caption that said "She can't make 135 cause she wants to have kids? Is that why she injected testosterone? Come on Tito"
I don't think she was caught injecting testosterone. She was caught using winsrol which is a steroid used for losing weight and keeping muscle mass. Phone Post
Winstrol is a synthetic highly anabolic steroid which is used for various different things including horse racing. I don't think the horsies are worried about cutting weight. You should probably just keep your mouth shut if you have no idea what your talking about guy. Phone Post

Actually, weight is very important in horse racing and regardless, Winstrol is a drug that is frequently used by athletes trying to lose weight.

Cutting weight and losing weight aren't synonyms.

When attacking someone for not knowing what they are talking about, you should at least know what "your"(sic) talking about.

His mouth was probably shut when he typed that.
2/14/13 12:46 PM
Phil999

Standup29 -  First off, Rhonda is the Champ of a div that has not had a single fight yet. Making a catch weight at this point makes no sense.

Second, Cyborg was busted for taking steroids. Not a diuretic to cut weight. A steroid used to maintain muscle mass and strength. This steroid (if its all she has taken) would also give her a significant strength advantage over someone not taking steroids. She got busted for what everyone believed was true, taking steroids.

Third, she was stripped of her title because she was on steroids. She has been suspended for a year and has a lot to prove (like winning a fight without steroids). She is in no place to demand anything or expect special treatment.

Fourth, it's very obvious she could make 135 if she shed some muscle. Just like other fighters who drop a weight class. It's not all just water cutting. Saying she can't without hurting herself is just a way of saying she's not willing to get off whatever has transformed her body to what it is now.

Last, nobody is protecting Rhonda. Nobody is accommodating Cyborg. That's not the same. Too much blind hating on Rhonda. It's actually amusing to read the logic behind some of your rational on how Rhonda is scared. What she competed at in the Olympics or her fist few fights doesn't mean that's where she should fight today. And it's more argument for why Cyborg should be able to cut the weight. Phone Post

+1

2/14/13 12:51 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New Leaf 1.0 - 
JSF1984 - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
The Mouth - https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/69243_10200562879375913_1987894609_n.jpg

I posted this with a caption that said "She can't make 135 cause she wants to have kids? Is that why she injected testosterone? Come on Tito"
I don't think she was caught injecting testosterone. She was caught using winsrol which is a steroid used for losing weight and keeping muscle mass. Phone Post
Winstrol is a synthetic highly anabolic steroid which is used for various different things including horse racing. I don't think the horsies are worried about cutting weight. You should probably just keep your mouth shut if you have no idea what your talking about guy. Phone Post

Actually, weight is very important in horse racing and regardless, Winstrol is a drug that is frequently used by athletes trying to lose weight.

Cutting weight and losing weight aren't synonyms.

When attacking someone for not knowing what they are talking about, you should at least know what "your"(sic) talking about.

His mouth was probably shut when he typed that.

What are you typing about? Stop tapping your dirty keyboard. People like you just want to come on the internet and type-off at everyone who doesn't agree with you. If you typed like that to my face, I would break your keyboard in half- you wouldn't be able to type a damn thing until you bought a new one, then I'd break that too! You might be able to post-the-most, but can you fight-the-type? My WPM would DESTROY you.

meh.. that got sloppy at the end. but LOL at getting anal over saying "talked/typed".

2/14/13 12:58 PM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh Tito...  there's always barber college

2/14/13 1:21 PM
JimmersonzGlove
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're going to do a women's division, you should just do it at 140 as a catch all between 135 & 145. If you're the UFC and doing a women's division you gotta hope maybe Carano comes back at some point and she'll never make 135 either.
2/14/13 1:28 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JimmersonzGlove - If you're going to do a women's division, you should just do it at 140 as a catch all between 135 & 145. If you're the UFC and doing a women's division you gotta hope maybe Carano comes back at some point and she'll never make 135 either.

If Carano says she's officially coming back there will be a 145 division waiting for her.

2/14/13 1:29 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1005 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LETS BE HONEST.........CYBORG WOULD FUCKING DESTROY ROUSEY AND DANA IS PROTECTING HER CAUSE SHE IS PRETTY.     GINA WAS A GREAT FEMALE FACE FOR MMA..........AFTER THE CYBORG FIGHT.........SHE DISAPPEARED.  DANA DOESN'T WANT THAT HAPPENING AGAIN. 

2/14/13 1:32 PM
TexDeuce
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_nightkap -  Agree with Dana 100%. Its a waste... She cant make 135 cause shes juiced waaay too much. Anyone backing her is nuts...shes a fucking cheater...plain and simple.
Ronda isn't scared of her either....she just has ZERO respect for her. Phone Post

2/14/13 1:35 PM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight we all wanted... sucks.

2/14/13 1:37 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL

pump up the valuum

2/14/13 1:38 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL

woah.. i've seen people say "posted in wrong thread" before, and had no idea how they did it... i guess i do now. haha

2/14/13 1:40 PM
SJBenoist
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody who doesn't think the UFC wants Rousey as champ is naive.

They know 135 isn't feasible for Cyborg, so if it was 135 or nothing, they should have never taken her contract. Just let her walk and don't tender another offer.

By insisting on her going down, Zuffa gets one of two situations that are to their advantage:

1. She takes the fight at the cost of a terrible cut, giving Rousey an tremendous advantage.

This is the ideal result for them, with Rousey beating Cyborg and them being able to claim she is the greatest female fighter in the world.

2. She refuses the fight.

Not quite as good, but now they can publicly discredit Cyborg and create doubt in the minds of fans. Their Face gets to stay champ, and they can dismiss questions about Cyborg by blaming her with quips like; "she didn't want the fight", "her management is unreasonable", and so forth.

I'm a little surprised #2 still works, as it's the same play the UFC has used with EVERY major fighter they couldn't sign. Why no Fedor? Fedor fault, the Russians are crazy. Why no Barnett? Barnett's fault, plus he's a cheater. Why no Frank Shamrock? Why no Cyborg? ...

Everytime Zuffa doesn't get what they want with a big name, it's the fighter's fault (if they are under contract), or the manager's fault (if they are not under contract) for being "impossible".

Even if everything they ever said were true, there is no doubt they've established a pattern of throwing the other guy under the bus in the "media" if they don't get what they want.
2/14/13 1:44 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is safe now. The ufc will protect her well. Cyborg is free to go get actual fights now. I mean really if she was in the ufc we all know she would get one fight per year and would get nowhere near ronda. Phone Post
2/14/13 1:51 PM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

trent205 - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Not that I'm a Cyborg fan, but man, I think she'd put a beating on Rowdy.

yup im sure Cyborg would! Dana is just trying to protect his investment with all thie anti Cyborb talk! dude needs to shut up and take a break from talking! its rediculous, and im usually a huge fan of White!

So he was "protecting his investment" by trying to make a fight between the two? You do realize it was Cyborg and her peeps who declined this fight and asked to be released? We will never know who good Cyborg really is as a fighter because we dont know how long she's been on da juice...... 

2/14/13 1:54 PM
zazen br

Basically kills WMMA for me. I can't stand Ronda. At least I was hoping I'd get to see an ugly, Tito-managed fighter destroy her face. Dana's reaction to it would be even better, and let me tell you, I like Dana, but his bias towards Ronda is sickening.

He's the UFC president, he shouldn't be hand-picking his favorites like that.

But yeah sure, entertain yourselves while Ronda armbars no namers in 30 seconds.
2/14/13 1:57 PM
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  So, Dana brings up her drug test.

The same Dana who gave Overeem an easy fight (which he blew) after being suspended for DRUGS.

The same Dana who is giving Overeem another huge bout versus JDS.

The same Dana who gives Vitor Belfort big fight after big fight. Even with Vitor's past suspension and current TRT?

Yeah.

Dana White doesn't want anyone stopping the Ronda show.

Period.

Only problem is no one will watch her show if every episode consists of her putting another major underdog in a quick arm bar. Phone Post

this
2/14/13 2:00 PM
TheKidAintMine
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil999 - 
Standup29 -  First off, Rhonda is the Champ of a div that has not had a single fight yet. Making a catch weight at this point makes no sense.

Second, Cyborg was busted for taking steroids. Not a diuretic to cut weight. A steroid used to maintain muscle mass and strength. This steroid (if its all she has taken) would also give her a significant strength advantage over someone not taking steroids. She got busted for what everyone believed was true, taking steroids.

Third, she was stripped of her title because she was on steroids. She has been suspended for a year and has a lot to prove (like winning a fight without steroids). She is in no place to demand anything or expect special treatment.

Fourth, it's very obvious she could make 135 if she shed some muscle. Just like other fighters who drop a weight class. It's not all just water cutting. Saying she can't without hurting herself is just a way of saying she's not willing to get off whatever has transformed her body to what it is now.

Last, nobody is protecting Rhonda. Nobody is accommodating Cyborg. That's not the same. Too much blind hating on Rhonda. It's actually amusing to read the logic behind some of your rational on how Rhonda is scared. What she competed at in the Olympics or her fist few fights doesn't mean that's where she should fight today. And it's more argument for why Cyborg should be able to cut the weight. Phone Post

+1

Good post.

And Ronda destroys a clean, juice free Cyborg.
2/14/13 2:04 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL

Edited: 02/14/13 2:04 PM

"I'm a little surprised #2 still works, as it's the same play the UFC has used with EVERY major fighter they couldn't sign. Why no Fedor? Fedor fault, the Russians are crazy. Why no Barnett? Barnett's fault, plus he's a cheater. Why no Frank Shamrock? Why no Cyborg? ... "

M1 was crazy for thinking Zuffa would put their name on a product just because Fedor was fighting.

Barnett popped multiple times.. he is a cheater.

Shamrock I don't have an argument for because I don't know the details that well.

Cyborg is a cheater that is making demands. The effort needed to make Cyborg happy and present her as a legit athlete is not worth it when you already have a star. And if that is the reason why people are saying Rousey is being "protected from Cyborg", well, they should be blaming Cyborg for that and not anyone else.

If you want a legit reason for saying that Cyborg deserves a chance at Rousey then you should invent a time machine, go back a year, and make sure Cyborg doesn't piss hot.

2/14/13 2:14 PM
RICKDOGG

Edited: 02/14/13 2:15 PM
Time to start building McMann.I have a hard time believing that Dana set up this division without knowing if Cyborg would fight @ 135.He probably assumed he could talk her into it.Honestly Ronda is not a big star yet,she needs that damn Cyborg fight.They picked Carmouche so they could sell the fact she is openly gay.I still cant picture a UFC event looking like a WNBA game.Good luck with that one Dana
2/14/13 2:14 PM
Soup and Beer
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol you Cyborg nut huggers constantly seem to be ignoring facts.  Dana offered a championship fight to Cyborg long ago.  She turned it down.  Said she can't make that weight division.  Dana said he would get Dolce to help her make weight and it would be easy.  Her manager basically said she would die if she tried to lose 10 pounds lol.  It's really pathetic.  But after seeing what Reem looked like getting off the roids, I think Cyborg decided it's better to continue juicing than end up like that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.