UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barao vs McDonald:how do you see it?

2/14/13 1:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
circulation123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven’t seen any threads that discussed this. If there was one, it is far and few. How do you see this fight going?
2/14/13 1:50 AM
Shango Unchained

yeh im goin with dominent UD for barao Phone Post
2/14/13 1:55 AM
UGCTT_zackthewop
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KO by McDonald

No doubt Phone Post
Masakyst
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barao by Sub
circulation123

For some reason, I don’t remember much of McDonald’s fights other than the KO of Torres. I’m sure I’ve seen his other fights but it’s just buried in my memory somewhere along with hundreds of fight I’ve seen in the past.

I do have UFC139 and UFC130 DVDs so I might go back and watch them..
2/14/13 1:56 AM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_zackthewop - KO by McDonald

No doubt Phone Post
My pick. Phone Post
2/14/13 2:06 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barao by armbar or rnc Phone Post
2/14/13 2:36 AM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rooting for Mayday! I think he has what it takes to beat Barão. Phone Post
2/14/13 2:36 AM
circulation123

r tard - 
circulation123 -
For some reason, I don’t remember much of McDonald’s fights other than the KO of Torres. I’m sure I’ve seen his other fights but it’s just buried in my memory somewhere along with hundreds of fight I’ve seen in the past.

I do have UFC139 and UFC130 DVDs so I might go back and watch them..
Watch the Alex Soto fight. It was funny as fuck bc Soto came in cocky as shit and MacDonald fucking knocked him out in a nasty awesome way. Think Bigfoot over Reem or Marquardt over Woodley with an extra punch or two after the guy's out against the cage Phone Post

Thanks. I will check it out.
2/14/13 2:40 AM
circulation123

Here is another question to anyone who is reading this.  Why are there no threads about this fight? (other than this one) It’s coming up in few days and it’s for interim title. We see bunch of Machida/Henderson ,Rousey/Carmouche, and even some fights that are MONTHS away like Cain/Bigfoot or some fights that aren’t even set up yet and speculative like Maia/whoever.

Is it because it’s a Bantamweight?
2/14/13 2:44 AM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's probably because it's not really being promoted much in general.

2/14/13 3:09 AM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 -
Here is another question to anyone who is reading this.  Why are there no threads about this fight? (other than this one) It’s coming up in few days and it’s for interim title. We see bunch of Machida/Henderson ,Rousey/Carmouche, and even some fights that are MONTHS away like Cain/Bigfoot or some fights that aren’t even set up yet and speculative like Maia/whoever.

It's a new weight class, baroa can't speak English and nobody knows who mayday is. Should be an awesome fight tho. Either mayday KOs him early or renan outpoints him I would say Phone Post
2/14/13 4:21 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 -

Nope.

It's on Fuel.

That alone means few can see it.

Being bantamweights means few are wanting to see it in general and even the UFC boss is promoting Ronda Rousey so hard you'd think the UFC wasn't having an event.

Fuel TV Dana being busy pushing Ronda= zero possibility anyone will see it and zero promotion behind it. Phone Post
2/14/13 4:38 AM
circulation123

So to sum it up :
  1. Because it is Bantamweight. New weight class.
  2. It’s on Fuel.
  3. Dana too busy with Ronda Rousey.
I don’t know about 3) though. Dana isn’t the only one running the UFC and I think UFC has enough resources to promote both Ronda and Barao/McDonald.
Any other reasons?
2/14/13 4:40 AM
circulation123

I just hope it won’t be a boring fight. Barao’s last 2 fight wasn’t that exciting for me. If it IS going to be a boring fight, I just hope at least there is a clear cut winner. Only thing worse than a boring fight is a close boring fight that no one knows who won.
2/14/13 4:43 AM
OSBtro11

because nobody knows who the fuck Barao is. They wanted Faber to be champ at 135 so bad. Then Dominick got injured again and barao whooped Fabers ass and fucked all that up. Phone Post
2/14/13 4:46 AM
circulation123

OSBtro11 -  because nobody knows who the fuck Barao is. They wanted Faber to be champ at 135 so bad. Then Dominick got injured again and barao whooped Fabers ass and fucked all that up. Phone Post

Yeah but people who post on this thread should know who the fuck he is.

2/14/13 4:47 AM
circulation123

circulation123 - 
OSBtro11 -  because nobody knows who the fuck Barao is. They wanted Faber to be champ at 135 so bad. Then Dominick got injured again and barao whooped Fabers ass and fucked all that up. Phone Post

Yeah but people who post on this thread should know who the fuck he is.

..or rather people who posts/reads UG.

2/14/13 5:02 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 -

Consider how many fans Machida/Hendo have combined compared to these two and that's why. Phone Post
2/14/13 5:25 AM
circulation123

KingD87 - 
circulation123 -

Consider how many fans Machida/Hendo have combined compared to these two and that's why. Phone Post

Yes.  I agree with you. But consider this:

What weight class is Machida/Henderson in? Light Heavy Weights.

What weight class is Barao/McDonald in? Bantam Weights.

Which goes back to my original point.  So we are saying the same thing.

2/14/13 5:31 AM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 - 
KingD87 - 
circulation123 -

The weightclass has no bearing on fighter popularity outside of it being a new division. Both fighters have not been in the UFC very long, so it's a bit of a different thing than Machida and Hendo, who have been around forever.

2/14/13 5:41 AM
circulation123

UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap - 
circulation123 - 
KingD87 - 
circulation123 -

The weightclass has no bearing on fighter popularity outside of it being a new division. Both fighters have not been in the UFC very long, so it's a bit of a different thing than Machida and Hendo, who have been around forever.

I hope you are right but I still think it’s mainly because people like heavier weight classes. Just look at people on this forum coming down of FW and BW. And HW generally gets paid more than lighter weight classes if the fighters are in the same level. I don’t agree with it but that is the way it is.

I don’t deny that Bantam Weights has less history than other weight classes..and therefore fighters in that weight class have less history. There is something to that. But I just feel like people generally like heavier weight classes more. I don’t agree with it 100% but I do know where they are coming from.
2/14/13 5:51 AM
DOMINANTDAN#1FAN
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As to why the fight isn't getting much attention, I think it's the lack of promotion. All the talk has been about other fighters, without naming names you know who I mean. It's a bit disappointing considering the UFC should be putting more into promoting weight classes that are in their infancy in the organisation. Sure people are more into the heavier weight classes atm, but the whole idea of promotion is to address that.
On the fight, should be a good one. McDonald has serious knockout power, but he hasn't fought someone like Barao. Barao was cautious against Faber, but his fight against Pickett was a different animal. I think Barao probably has the tools to dictate and win this fight either by sub or decision. I won't be putting any money on it though! Phone Post
2/14/13 2:30 PM
illumiNate

Barao by flipping axe kick KO Phone Post
2/15/13 12:33 AM
circulation123

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap -
circulation123 - 
KingD87 - 
circulation123 -

Disagree. LHW is a way more popular division than bantamweight. Phone Post

I actually think you guys are in an agreement more than you guys think. Just that you guys are looking at it from different direction but actually coming to the same point when you think about it.

Machida/Hendo are more popular because their weight classes have been around way longer than bantam weights. (what jockstrap is saying.).

Therefore, LHW is more popular at this point than BW (what NotImpressedByYourScreenName is saying)

I still think intrinsically, heavier weight classes will ALWAYS be more popular than lower weight classes but hopefully

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.