UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barao vs McDonald:how do you see it?

2/15/13 12:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^I disagree about the heavier weights always being more popular. People will be drawn to a real star regardless of their size. Just look at who the most popular guys are in boxing. Phone Post
2/15/13 12:39 AM
circulation123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circulation123 - 
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap -
circulation123 - 
KingD87 - 
circulation123 -
Here is another question to anyone who is reading this.  Why are there no threads about this fight? (other than this one) It’s coming up in few days and it’s for interim title. We see bunch of Machida/Henderson ,Rousey/Carmouche, and even some fights that are MONTHS away like Cain/Bigfoot or some fights that aren’t even set up yet and speculative like Maia/whoever.

Is it because it’s a Bantamweight?
Consider how many fans Machida/Hendo have combined compared to these two and that's why. Phone Post

Yes.  I agree with you. But consider this:

What weight class is Machida/Henderson in? Light Heavy Weights.

What weight class is Barao/McDonald in? Bantam Weights.

Which goes back to my original point.  So we are saying the same thing.

The weightclass has no bearing on fighter popularity outside of it being a new division. Both fighters have not been in the UFC very long, so it's a bit of a different thing than Machida and Hendo, who have been around forever.

Disagree. LHW is a way more popular division than bantamweight. Phone Post

I actually think you guys are in an agreement more than you guys think. Just that you guys are looking at it from different direction but actually coming to the same point when you think about it.

Machida/Hendo are more popular because their weight classes have been around way longer than bantam weights. (what jockstrap is saying.).

Therefore, LHW is more popular at this point than BW (what NotImpressedByYourScreenName is saying)

I still think intrinsically, heavier weight classes will ALWAYS be more popular than lower weight classes but hopefully

....lighter weight classes will get more attention with the right promoting.

It got cut off for some reason. Weird huh.

2/16/13 6:46 PM
Masakyst
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masakyst - Barao by Sub

nailed it!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.