UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bas: Machida doesn't have a lot of weapons.

2/15/13 6:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ajl416az
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at all the striking experts telling Bas what's up.

dorks
2/15/13 6:07 PM
DoomFarmer

ajl416az - lol at all the striking experts telling Bas what's up.

dorks
This is your third post whining about it.

It will be ok, you fuck. Phone Post
2/15/13 6:11 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest Spliffn -  Machida has more weapons but is more conscious about being hit than Dan.

Machida has superior movement but likes to go in and out and often doesn't commit like he could.

Sometimes I feel Machida worries a lot about losing. Dan seems to be mentally over the outcome and shows up with the sole intent of punching his opponents head off.

My gut tells me machida will win but Henderson has proven what a true G he is too many times for me to discount him in anyway.

Dan needs to watch those incoming kicks and lyoto needs to avoid getting clipped at all costs.

I'm excited for this one, it could go either way. Phone Post

Its also their basic differences in though. Machida is a "boxer," Dan is a "brawler." Dan also has the power and chin to brawl.
2/15/13 7:04 PM
ajl416az

DoomFarmer - This is your third post whining about it.

It will be ok, you fuck.

i'm posting about the discussion at hand. thats what a forum is for, fuckface
2/15/13 7:13 PM
3 strikes
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

You're right Bas.

Machida has no power in his hands

It's just his counter right that's effective.  That's it.

Well he can't finish you when he has you hurt.

But he's limited to his hands.  No striking ability besides that.

Lucky kick, plus - kicks and punches don't make you a well rounded striker.  

Please.  His knees don't do any damage.

Being a good striker doesn't mean you have a lot of weapons.  He has no way to get the fight to the floor.

That's just a gimmicky leg sweep.  He couldn't take down a decent wrestler.

Takedowns are cool, but he can't finish you on the ground.  No power in his GnP.

GnP is overrated.  A truly dangerous fighter has to be able to submit someone.

This thread is still going?, i figured the quoted post on page 3 would have killed all discussion.
2/15/13 7:29 PM
DoomFarmer

ajl416az - 

It will be ok, you fuck.

Well apparently you must have not gotten that memo, because that is what everyone else is doing too, yet you keep complaining about it.

"QUIT TELLING BAS WHAT TO THINK!!!"

2/15/13 7:42 PM
TerreM

well rounded poster -  This quote's gonna look pretty awkward when Lyoto start lighting Dan up with leg/body/head kicks

Yeah, Machida favours his karate reverse straight and trips but does that mean he's one dimensional? The guy throws knees, MT style kicks and has a BJJ black belt

Hendo, on the other hand, doesn't have nearly as many weapons in his arsenal. Weird quote by Bas. Phone Post

EXACTLY!
2/15/13 7:51 PM
TerreM

TZA -  Phone Post

That is some beautiful timing!
2/15/13 8:09 PM
TerreM

Y2JB - I find Machida's backing up & counter style boring and borderline cowardly. If everyone fought like that there would never be a strike thrown.

That said, he clearly has tools, I just don't like them.

Though we all like to watch brawlers go toe to toe; the cost of cumulative damage to their health doesn't seem worth it. I find it very entertaining to watch because he has a predictable karate based style but so many tools. He is one of the most well rounded fighters out there.
2/16/13 11:37 AM
BshMstr
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Y2JB - I find Machida's backing up & counter style boring and borderline cowardly. If everyone fought like that there would never be a strike thrown.

That said, he clearly has tools, I just don't like them.

i agree... Dodson has a similar style, and i don't enjoy wathcing people have to chase after them to get them to fight.

to their credit, both guys are excellent at their game plans and setting their opponents up....
2/16/13 11:57 AM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoever said that Machida is cowardly is a fucking idiot.
2/19/13 4:16 PM
ajl416az

DoomFarmer - 
ajl416az - 

It will be ok, you fuck.

Well apparently you must have not gotten that memo, because that is what everyone else is doing too, yet you keep complaining about it.

"QUIT TELLING BAS WHAT TO THINK!!!"

i'm pointing out an inconsistency in logic

that people who know very little or absolutely nothing about striking, somehow have such a strong opinion about the subject that they get offended when someone with decidedly more experience and knowledge on the subject, offers an opinion that runs counter to theirs (when their opinion is founded on a total lack of knowledge)

not to mention that most of the responses are emotional outbursts about a selective quote, one inflammatory sentence chosen out of an entire interview

don't tell me what to post. mind your own business
2/19/13 6:21 PM
zath

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

You're right Bas.

Machida has no power in his hands

It's just his counter right that's effective.  That's it.

Well he can't finish you when he has you hurt.

But he's limited to his hands.  No striking ability besides that.

Lucky kick, plus - kicks and punches don't make you a well rounded striker.  

Please.  His knees don't do any damage.

Being a good striker doesn't mean you have a lot of weapons.  He has no way to get the fight to the floor.

That's just a gimmicky leg sweep.  He couldn't take down a decent wrestler.

Takedowns are cool, but he can't finish you on the ground.  No power in his GnP.

GnP is overrated.  A truly dangerous fighter has to be able to submit someone.

VTFU

Wins the thread.
2/19/13 7:29 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think we all respect Bas and though I'm not sure if that was exactly what he was trying to say, I think its still a good example and reminder that just because you've been one of the best pro fighters, doesnt mean you will give the best analysis and present it in the most informative way. Being a world champ doesnt necessarily mean you're gonna be a great coach in any sport. This also goes for picking fights. Fighters are just as biased as us fans and most arent really students of the game where they study results, records, hours upon hours of fights, reading about the history, etc.

I remember when Jon Fitch came on here to chime in on how previous records outside the UFC dont really mean much until you prove yourself in the UFC. There may be some truth to that but with context as well. The thing was, he used Denis Kang as an example, like many UGers have to perpepuate the myth that all fighters in Japan were unbeatable until the moment they stepped in the Octagon and then poof - became beatable. If Fitch spent about 5 seconds looking at Denis Kang's record, he would have realized Kang got both submitted and KTFO in Japan just prior to coming to the UFC. This doesnt even uncover his tragic personal circumstances around that time as well.

We obviously know having a green means shit all on its own.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.