UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> I am renouncing SHRED for SONG structure.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/14/13 7:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Instead of releasing my new CD on iTunes and CD I will be doing youtube vids with interesting/fun images and lyrics and release the whole thingfor free.

Coming soon...

2/14/13 7:38 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.VisionsAndDreams.net

I'm hoping to get the first few songs done in the next week or so...

2/14/13 11:40 PM
Ali
926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/14/13 11:41 PM
I'll check out whatever songs are done, when they are....

I'm not into shred in particular, and I'm really not into "renouncing" it in particular. But I've heard you shred, and I really respect the work it takes to get to the point of having the chops to do it. So it's technique... and better to have it than not. Most of my favorite players shred sometimes. (Not all, but... most).

Renouncing "shred for the sake of shred" is good! Music isn't a contest. And if it's an expression of a musican's ego... then fine. We get it in advance. But sometimes you have an idea that requires playing fast. When you do, do it!

I'll stop preaching. I can't shred. I'll check out whatever it is you end up doing, so keep sharing Demi. Even in the world of pure shred, I always thought you had more of a sense of phrasing and, for lack of a better term, "musicality" than many guys who are shredders. But of course you know there's more. "Song structure" is probably a good idea!
2/17/13 5:36 PM
Demitrius Barbito

Thanks Ali. I was gonna do a whole 300 CD's and iTunes purchasing thing with this project (like the last one) BUT - I'm just gonna put everything up as a video clip on YouTube with lyrics and photos as the music goes by. Almost there...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.