Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gh16
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/77lk-T1EJ8c

Blue namer please
2/15/13 12:49 AM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for embed Phone Post
2/15/13 1:29 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/15/13 2:12 AM
ElPulpo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't Reagan supposedly the most naturally gifted of all of the Penn brothers?
2/15/13 7:18 AM
Rival School

ElPulpo - Isn't Reagan supposedly the most naturally gifted of all of the Penn brothers?
How in the world would that be possible with BJ Phone Post
2/15/13 7:33 AM
Hunter V
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School - 
ElPulpo - Isn't Reagan supposedly the most naturally gifted of all of the Penn brothers?

Reagan won a Mundials gold before BJ. Went as a white belt w 6 months of training and took the blue belt gold as he competed up back in the day. BJ straight up says Reagan is better than he is naturally but he doesn't apply himself to be at the upper echelon, he just trains because he likes it.
2/15/13 8:19 AM
Rival School

Hunter V -
Rival School - 

Reagan won a Mundials gold before BJ. Went as a white belt w 6 months of training and took the blue belt gold as he competed up back in the day. BJ straight up says Reagan is better than he is naturally but he doesn't apply himself to be at the upper echelon, he just trains because he likes it.
Won at black belt? Had no idea.

BJ saying that doesn't mean much though its his brother. Phone Post
2/15/13 8:39 AM
Rival School

Wait wasn't BJ the first non Brazilian to win that? Phone Post
2/15/13 8:41 AM
Rival School

Hunter V -
Rival School - 

Oh I think I see what you mean. White and blue gold means what? That he was more talented than BJ winning at black after 3 years? Come on Phone Post
2/15/13 8:42 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/15/13 8:46 AM
I believe it was JD Penn that won mundial gold at blue belt level, he was the first

Edit* It was Reagen who won at blue, I always thought it was JD
2/15/13 9:00 AM
Rival School

I don't get how that shows he's better? Phone Post
2/15/13 9:20 AM
BillyShalimar
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School -  I don't get how that shows he's better? Phone Post

maybe it's the whole older brother stigma? bj is the youngest of the penn bros and the most talented (documented) but who knows what happens behind the scene.
2/15/13 9:23 AM
Rival School

BillyShalimar -
Rival School -  I don't get how that shows he's better? Phone Post

maybe it's the whole older brother stigma? bj is the youngest of the penn bros and the most talented (documented) but who knows what happens behind the scene.
Pretty sure BJ is not the youngest isn't Reagan you get than him? Phone Post
2/15/13 10:26 AM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ is obviously better, he won black belt gold, UFC champ, etc...
2/15/13 11:45 AM
gusto

liquidrob - BJ is obviously better, he won black belt gold, UFC champ, etc...

no one is saying Reagan accomplished more. the folklore is that Reagan has the most potential.
2/15/13 1:14 PM
Siciliano
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to my 1st instructor (who spent a couple of months at BJ Penn's gym in Hilo back in 2002), he had more difficulty dealing with Reagan than BJ. He said it's most likely due to clash of styles. Also told me Reagan was a very lazy person. Don't know what that means.
2/15/13 3:36 PM
biggator
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this one looks like he is letting KC work i think i saw another vid where he is barely paying attention while rolling with him.

so 3 years from white to daaaaark brown. not bad!
2/15/13 3:37 PM
biggator

also how is he wearing white in this vid. get that kid to a roice seminar stat!
2/15/13 5:17 PM
JSho
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

98 Mundials regan won light blue and BJ took feather blue silver.
BJ then took leve brown bronze in 99 and did ok I hear in 2000 :)

This was around the time Kai Garcia, ricco Rodriguez, Egan Inoue, kendall goo and other gringos were doing well at blue and purple. Phone Post
2/15/13 8:15 PM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool video. Looks like they had a fun roll Phone Post
2/16/13 1:22 AM
PTM2020
1412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats a damn good white belt.  sheesh....  

how old was keenan there?

2/16/13 1:27 AM
Hunter V
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School - 
Hunter V -
Rival School - 

Won at black belt? Had no idea.

BJ saying that doesn't mean much though its his brother. Phone Post

The point was BJ was purple at that time and Reagan, with SIX months of training as a WHITE BELT, on a whim entered the blue belt division and the Mundials and won the whole thing. Even BJ was like wtf. And when it comes to training BJ straight up says when it comes to flat out natural talent Reagan is better, its just that bjj never was his #1 priority like it was for BJ when BJ was on his way to Mundials black belt goal. If it was Reagan may have done as well if not better than BJ but that is all speculation, he just never cared to push it that far.
2/16/13 2:41 AM
JSho
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait if BJ was a purple belt, is the jay penn who took silver at Pena the other brother? Phone Post
2/16/13 6:14 AM
JSho

Or are you mistaken about BJ being purple in 98? Phone Post
2/16/13 7:36 AM
Hunter V

JSho -  Or are you mistaken about BJ being purple in 98? Phone Post

I'll need to look at BJ's biography again but I am pretty sure he said he was purple when Reagan took that gold at that year.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.