UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can a Bad Stoppage Be Ruled a NC?

2/15/13 9:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
lol at that stoppage.
2/15/13 9:13 AM
Death Beast
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thought this was going to be about that shitty stoppage in Bellator last night. Good luck getting it overturned, but I wouldn't bank on it. The Sell/Quarry/Peoples stoppage was probably just as bad if not worse and still stood.
2/15/13 9:17 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

If you find the person who is handling the appeal, and an email address with the commission we can email, as fans we could let them know how poor we thought the decision was.

Just a thought.

2/15/13 9:19 AM
Captfireeyes
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, terrible stoppage Phone Post
2/15/13 9:46 AM
jTheHybridwolff
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got dropped in my second fight and hit a double leg td on instinct and was in guard g-n-p when ref pulled me off and said I was "ok" and they called it a tko smh
Good old Pa AC Phone Post
2/15/13 10:01 AM
Shoebert

These referees  that are reffing an MMA fight should try to educate themselves on the sport they are reffing. This isn't boxing where if you get dropped it's a big deal. Seems some referees don't even know what someone knocked out looks like, it just ruins the sport when you put incompetent referees into the cage/ring. 

2/15/13 10:09 AM
John Harris
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The MS State Athletic Commission is handling the appeal. The commissioner is John Lewis he is personally handling my appeal. I like the guy so I'm not gonna give the UG Mob his cell.

Here is the number to the Commission office 601-373-9361 fax 601-510-9588 email: msboxing@aol.com.

Do what you do UG Mob! Phone Post
2/15/13 10:15 AM
raoulDuke

wow. possibly the most uncalled for stoppage ive ever seen. ref should be fucking banned
2/15/13 10:17 AM
John Harris
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy who reffed my bout is actually a friend of mine. We had a three round war this past summer. He's an experienced and very competent official. I just think he got caught out of position and jumped the gun on this one. I spoke to him and he said he was supporting it getting overturned to Nc, but the decision is in the hands of the commissioner. Phone Post
2/15/13 10:22 AM
John Harris

I just hope the commissioner does the right thing. Has anyone seen a worse or quicker stoppage than this? I'm biased and can't think objectively. Drawing a blank. Phone Post
2/15/13 10:26 AM
Aaron Becker

wow, sorry to see that. That is some bull shit
2/15/13 10:32 AM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horrible ref Phone Post
2/15/13 10:33 AM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John Harris - I just hope the commissioner does the right thing. Has anyone seen a worse or quicker stoppage than this? I'm biased and can't think objectively. Drawing a blank. Phone Post
No that ref should be fired Phone Post
2/15/13 10:35 AM
John Harris

Lmao, that's how the main event ended. The promoter Rich Clementi gave me a bonus because he said he didn't feel right paying me as if I lost that fight. So big props to Rich. He runs a tight ship and he knows how to TAKE CARE OF FIGHTERS!

OSS! Phone Post
2/15/13 10:35 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ref needs to be knee capped for that shit! Phone Post
2/15/13 10:36 AM
caseharts

John Harris - Lmao, that's how the main event ended. The promoter Rich Clementi gave me a bonus because he said he didn't feel right paying me as if I lost that fight. So big props to Rich. He runs a tight ship and he knows how to TAKE CARE OF FIGHTERS!

OSS! Phone Post
Rich is a boss Phone Post
2/15/13 12:19 PM
Doo Doo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shitty for all involved. I love JC, but he dicked that all up! I wouldn't even want no shit like that on my record, especially with a video of it on the internets...

2/15/13 2:13 PM
John Harris

Tops for the UG support Phone Post
2/15/13 4:43 PM
John Harris

TTT Phone Post
2/15/13 4:52 PM
likatiga
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

has your opponent weighed in on this? I imagine a letter or statement from him would help too.

that ref was your friend?!? He must really care about you, didn't want to see you get hit again.
2/15/13 5:40 PM
MinorSocratic
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John Harris - I just hope the commissioner does the right thing. Has anyone seen a worse or quicker stoppage than this? I'm biased and can't think objectively. Drawing a blank. Phone Post
Tried to make this a pm, but Android app doesn't seem to let me.

I'm a pa attorney who does a lot of administrative law work. Can't practice in MS, but world be willing to help you draft a brief. I'd need you to fax me some info and then I'd dig into the regs and any relevant case law (maybe boxing). An affidavit from the ref would go a long way toward helping the commission feel like they're not opening to big a can of worms. Pm me when you get the chance. No charge because I don't practice in your state, but I would like to help you out. You got robbed. Phone Post
2/15/13 7:16 PM
John Harris

Minorsocratic, I'm gonna get with you bro. Any help you could lend would be much appreciated.

This is why I love the damn UG! Phone Post
2/15/13 8:07 PM
Blevins Ubereemed my Butt
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know what's worse, the person who filmed that or the ref.
2/15/13 8:27 PM
John Harris

MMA Beatdown provided the footage. Like their page on Facebook if you don't mind. If not for them I wouldn't have video that anyone could make sense of. My video person flipped the he'll out. The vid was all over the place. Lmfao Phone Post
2/15/13 8:30 PM
Shoebert

MinorSocratic - 
Tried to make this a pm, but Android app doesn't seem to let me.

I'm a pa attorney who does a lot of administrative law work. Can't practice in MS, but world be willing to help you draft a brief. I'd need you to fax me some info and then I'd dig into the regs and any relevant case law (maybe boxing). An affidavit from the ref would go a long way toward helping the commission feel like they're not opening to big a can of worms. Pm me when you get the chance. No charge because I don't practice in your state, but I would like to help you out. You got robbed. Phone Post

VTFU!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.