UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Riddle 'pissed off' about fighting in London 'ploy

2/14/13 11:52 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

You know, last time I went to England, a lot of factors played in. I got sick on the flight there, blah blah blah, got jet lag, got spit on ... just not a good experience. This time around, things are looking better. I'm already on weight, I'm in great shape, and I got the flu two weeks ago, which also helped me get my weight down. Now that I've gotten all that out of the way, I feel pretty good and I feel confident.

I would have to say it's hostile territory, especially for a guy like me. They don't like me, especially after that one press conference, they really don't like me. When Joe Silva called me up and asked me to fight Che Mills in London, honestly, I said, 'I don't want to go back to England unless I fight Dan Hardy.' He said he would give me Dan Hardy if I beat Che Mills in London, so I agreed to take this fight. On the other hand, I see that Dan Hardy is fighting Matt Brown like a month and a half after I'm fighting Che Mills, and there's no way he'll take a fight with me after that. I think it was just a ploy to make me sign a contract and get back to England so I can get spit on again, so I'm a little pissed off [laughs].

Me and Joe (Silva) have a great relationship. I don't have a manager, so me and Joe talk directly. We never have disagreements or anything, so when he said he really wanted me to fight in London, I told him what happened the last time. People spit on me, they called me nasty names, the water sucks, the food is horrible, I just don't want to go. He said, 'OK, Matt, what can I do to make you go?' I was like, 'Give me Dan Hardy and I will do it.' He said 'OK', and that was that. Thing is, I know Matt Brown is gonna knock Dan out, so why would I even want to fight him after that fight, anyway? It was kind of a slap in my face. Maybe he doesn't see it that way, but that's how I look at it. Obviously we'll still do business together, but I guess the point of all this is that I'm hurt by it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't hurt.

I was a little upset when I saw that they had signed the other contract, especially the time. If it was like the week before or after my fight, I wouldn't care, but it's almost two months after I fight, which means Dan isn't gonna want to train for another fight for another four months, even if he does win. I'm just gonna have to fight somebody else in the meantime, after I beat Che Mills.

read entire article...

2/15/13 12:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cantuna4u
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This dude is a really something aint he. Crying about being called names and in the same breath bragging about seriously hurting a fellow competitor. Classy guy. That shit about Riddle being stoked on having a fight where his opponent got his jaw wired shut, to me is worse than the shit Torres said and he got in trouble for it. I hope they spit fried cod with that malt vinegar crap all over this salt of the earth jackass. But even then... I would not be stoked if he got hurt.
Boooooo this man! Phone Post
2/15/13 12:09 AM
Matrixkick
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take another hit Riddle Phone Post
2/15/13 12:10 AM
cantuna4u
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^??? Phone Post
2/15/13 12:14 AM
Matrixkick
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kid, I kid

Lol Phone Post
2/15/13 12:56 AM
Yo Dont Taze Me
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont know what to think of this guy. Phone Post
2/15/13 1:28 AM
wink91wink

Why does this guy keep opening his mouth lately? Does he think he suddenly became relevant?
2/15/13 1:32 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

wink91wink - Why does this guy keep opening his mouth lately? Does he think he suddenly became relevant?

He will if he defeats Che impressively.

But...he won't.

2/15/13 2:01 AM
Britain`s #1 Arse Bandit

I`m not a big fan of Matt Riddle tbh
2/15/13 2:02 AM
IHangFromBJsBallSack

Lol I like Matt Riddle. Phone Post
2/15/13 2:09 AM
ric482

This guy needs to smoke less shit. Mills will light him up. Phone Post
2/15/13 2:12 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol we don't like him because he says stupid shit, not because he made some tongue-in-cheek remark about us. Phone Post
2/15/13 2:18 AM
GelderdEnd

I can't wait for Che to fuck him up Phone Post
2/15/13 2:19 AM
yellow c0ckahlc

He needs to learn the difference between a dimebag and a heavy bag.

Mills is going to son this childish fool.

2/15/13 2:42 AM
shaqitup
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love riddle, he says the silliest things.

Why doesn't he have a manager, what happens when they attempt to negotiate a contract, or get sponsors?

2/15/13 2:47 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Joe knew Che would push riddles shit in Phone Post
2/15/13 2:50 AM
IAmBatman
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Riddle's really not been helping himself recently with the amount of dumb shit he's been saying recently. Phone Post
2/15/13 2:55 AM
Bucephalus

Riddle seems uptight. He needs to smoke some herb and relax.
2/15/13 2:56 AM
Shango Unchained

i feel riddles pain i smoke alot of weed and i always get the flu too.. in sayin that mills ko rd 1 and dan hardy tko rd2. Phone Post
2/15/13 3:13 AM
Arecsa

Not a fan of his at all but I feel like he will decision Che in a horrendously boring fight.
2/15/13 3:16 AM
TheHaunted2

WTFPICS -
cantuna4u -  ^??? Phone Post

You conveniently left out the part where he said jet lag affects his performance and he WAS SPIT ON! I doubt he really cares about the name calling, but I'd be pissed too if I had to go to a place where the security was so bad I was having gross ass fuckers spitting on me.
ONE idiot spit on him Phone Post
2/15/13 3:17 AM
TheHaunted2

Its gunna be an even worse experience for him when che ko's him Phone Post
2/15/13 3:18 AM
The Mammoth
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure its not just the brits who hate Riddle

2/15/13 3:20 AM
Kanye loves fishdicks

Arecsa - Not a fan of his at all but I feel like he will decision Che in a horrendously boring fight.
Hope not, but that's my fear too Phone Post
2/15/13 3:38 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wink91wink - Why does this guy keep opening his mouth lately? Does he think he suddenly became relevant?
He has a main card fight coming up. This happens with most fighters. If it bothers you, it's truly not difficult to ignore articles that must be clicked on to be read... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.