UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vinny Magalhaes Picks Sonnen to Beat Jones

2/15/13 7:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LevickMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“People are used to seeing Chael talking and losing in title fights to Anderson Silva but I don’t think people realize that Anderson is a totally different animal than Jon Jones. I think Anderson is a much better fighter than Jon Jones and Jon hasn’t been tested off his back and that’s exactly where Chael is going to be able to put him.

I think Chael takes a decision in that fight, it’s a tough fight but I don’t see it as a mismatch like most people think it is. People just don’t get it and are like ‘oh well you know Chael hasn’t won a fight at light heavyweight in years and even when he fought at light heavyweight he lost and all this stuff but styles make matches."

To read the entire interview with Magalhaes click here:

2/15/13 8:17 AM
FUTA WON (C)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Runs to bookie*

Vinny said Chael will win....... give me $1 on Sonnen to win please. Phone Post
2/15/13 8:19 AM
MarkRobinson
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Vinny but hes boys with Sonnen, what else would i expect him to say?

I still think Chael gets absolutely worked.

2/15/13 8:24 AM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have more of an optimistic look at the fight if chael hadnt just QUIT in the second AS fight, didnt seem to take much damage at all before curling up... for all the talk pre fight I still think chael is just in thisnone for the payday before goin full time broadcaster and other infront of camera roles. Phone Post
2/15/13 8:29 AM
MarkRobinson
1105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rewatch the second fight. Chael got caught a pretty damn good punch in one of the exchanges right before he was finished. It was overlooked by joe and goldie but it seemed to be the thing that took the fight out of him. Anderson caught him with a great counter, i definitely wouldnt say he quit. Forest went through the same thing. 

2/15/13 8:38 AM
AliBomaye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see him winning a round or two but no way he's goes 5 rounds without getting finished Phone Post
2/15/13 8:39 AM
qcddog03
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - 

Rewatch the second fight. Chael got caught a pretty damn good punch in one of the exchanges right before he was finished. It was overlooked by joe and goldie but it seemed to be the thing that took the fight out of him. Anderson caught him with a great counter, i definitely wouldnt say he quit. Forest went through the same thing. 

are you talking about the punch where anderson was pulling chael towards him by his shorts?

2/15/13 8:52 AM
Rival School

qcddog03 -
MarkRobinson - 

are you talking about the punch where anderson was pulling chael towards him by his shorts?

Haha get real Phone Post
2/15/13 9:05 AM
Slapsymaxi
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - Vinny also picked Sonnen to beat Anderson in their second fight.
Actually, didn't he pick Chael to sub Anderson?

Max Phone Post
2/15/13 9:07 AM
Allen Hood

I totally agree with this Jon on his back = trouble Phone Post
2/15/13 9:48 AM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -

Chael fucked himself over in the 2nd fight with Silva.He threw a ridiculous strike and then froze on the ground.And Silva being Silva,took advantage of the mistake.He was done after that knee to the body. Phone Post
2/15/13 10:01 AM
Ghost of Retard
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XcessiveZ - 
MarkRobinson -

Chael fucked himself over in the 2nd fight with Silva.He threw a ridiculous strike and then froze on the ground.And Silva being Silva,took advantage of the mistake.He was done after that knee to the body. Phone Post

I think Chael would beat Anderson if he could go 5 rounds without making one mistake and using his gameplan.

Which is almost impossible.

Anderson is so good, that if you make one tiny mistake your done,  and you are done fast.

2/15/13 10:17 AM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghost of Retard -
XcessiveZ - 
MarkRobinson -

I think Chael would beat Anderson if he could go 5 rounds without making one mistake and using his gameplan.

Which is almost impossible.

Anderson is so good, that if you make one tiny mistake your done,  and you are done fast.

I agree.He has the right physical skillset, but he gets careless and Silva only needs one mistake to finish the fight. Phone Post
2/15/13 10:20 AM
hybridfc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, this sums it up perfectly (above post) Jones gives you a little bit more room to fuck up (see belforr getting floores but not finiahed following the body kick). Sorry about spelling etc im on my phone. Phone Post
2/15/13 10:27 AM
zazen br

Someone picking their buddy to win a fight? This is totally unheard of.
2/15/13 10:29 AM
Knippz

I think Chael is being so nice to Jones and giving him all this praise to make him over-confident and not understand the beast that's coming. Chael's trolling super hard claiming Jones is significantly better than Silva and its not even close - it's the other way around and we all know it, Vinny's comments make me think the praise is part of the plan.
2/15/13 10:34 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBJ is going to dominate this fight from start to finish.  

2/15/13 10:37 AM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Round 1, Jones takedown, elbows Sonnen a bunch in the face, fight ends, Sonnen inexplicably makes more money for losing again.

2/15/13 10:47 AM
LyotoBundy
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Jon didn't strike until 3-4 years ago, and he's this good, then i say he'll be fine from his back Phone Post
2/15/13 11:47 AM
SQUEEZIE

Frank Gallagher - 
Allen Hood - I totally agree with this Jon on his back = trouble Phone Post
How do you know? Phone Post

his gf told him.
2/15/13 12:04 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

Round 1, Jones takedown, elbows Sonnen a bunch in the face, fight ends, Sonnen inexplicably makes more money for losing again.

lol if you think it's gonna be that easy Phone Post
2/15/13 12:18 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood - I totally agree with this Jon on his back = trouble Phone Post
I'm not so sure.

Jones pulled guard against Rashad, he must be confident in his ability off his back or he wouldn't do something like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jones TKO's or subs Sonnen, but I really want Chael to win, lol. Phone Post
2/15/13 12:34 PM
ironyuppie

I heard Greg Jackson is picking Jones. Phone Post
2/15/13 12:43 PM
Knippz

Poorly written - the real story here is that Vinny thinks Anderson is massively better than Jones, despite Chael's recent claims to the contrary.

It's not a fucking breaking story that Chael's trainer picks him to win. Poorly titled article, shit responses here too.
2/15/13 12:44 PM
flip_guard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny also said that Sonnen will submit Silva. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.