UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Defense Soap - Worthwhile?

2/15/13 5:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Darb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking of picking some defense soap up. I am looking for some input from people who have used it. Did it lessen your outbreaks of the cooties after grappling? Danke...
2/15/13 9:36 PM
omoplautistic
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got it after my last staph infection. Nothin since. Also, it's just a really nice soap. I got he wiped too. Phone Post
2/16/13 12:06 AM
SC MMA MD
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use it. I have not had any grappling related infections, and it seemed like defense soap could help keep it that way. If nothing else, it smells decent and rinses cleanly; but there is pretty good evidence that the ingredients in the soap can help prevent skin infections. Phone Post
2/16/13 12:24 AM
shortyjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I was a big name, world-champion blackbelt and wasn't just a nobody, no-name purple belt from an out of the way place, you'd believe me implicitly when I tell you that....

Defense Soap has saved my training regiment more than once. The company has provided me with SUPERB service and response time, an as promised product, is never out of stock, and has never disappointed me with their quality.

I stopped using regular soap long ago. I used to just use DS after training, and now I use it exclusively because my skin looks and feels more healthy....because in reality it is. I have had no outbreaks of ringworm, impetigo, or athlete's foot since I started using it, all the while others in my gym have fought against keeping these nasties away.

I cannot recommend every product from them high enough. You will not be disappointed....and if for some reason you are, they will make it right.
2/16/13 1:03 AM
McGruff The Crime Hog
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never had ringworm in my life until in starter doing BJJ. Had a streak of ringworm for a few months. A lot of people in my class had it for a while. Used creams to get ride of it then it would come right back. Bought Defense soap and used it religiously after class as well as made sure my BJJ bag was more sanitary. Haven't had it sense. Phone Post
2/16/13 8:36 AM
krept
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their products are great and the customer service is awesome as shortyjj mentions.
2/16/13 10:55 AM
Darb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thanks guys. I ordered some.
2/16/13 12:34 PM
Sugarfoot
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ordered some on wednesday or thursday, was at my door on friday. Good soap, good service, good discounts for UGers. Phone Post
2/16/13 1:38 PM
flowwiththego
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have used it before. I tend to get little red circles here and there from grappling. I do have sensitive skin. Anytime I use defense soap any grappling related color marks I get tend to fade quicker. Phone Post
2/18/13 9:13 AM
BjjGearJunkie
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They make good stuff. I like their shower gel the most. Phone Post
2/19/13 9:24 PM
suburban techniques
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My friend makes soap 504p.com, its quite a bit cheaper and he uses solid ingredients.

I've been using it for a few years and have never had any skin infections. Phone Post
2/20/13 12:02 AM
Magic Mago
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems really good, got raving reviews, I just think its a bit pricey, I get tea tree oil soap 4 times as cheap and I never get any skin ickys.

But tea tree oil dries out your skin, so you gotta lotion up. Phone Post
2/20/13 10:41 AM
odennis
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started using it after I got ringworm twice. After a year and a half of using it after training I never had any worm. At some point I ran out and a couple months later I had a worm and staph I quickly realized that defense had been keeping me safe that entire time.

By the way I keep a bottle of their pure tea tree oil around at all times. Last time I got worm when I didnt have defense I used it and it cleared up in 3 days with no skin blemish. This companies products is the real deal.
2/20/13 11:13 AM
Steve72
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great product.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.