UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Xande seminar review: his commentary on bjj

2/16/13 11:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
checkuroil
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to a great Xande seminar today at force/balance bjj. It cost 35 dollars. Yes that's it.

Moves: he showed the double under pass, jumping over one leg if the double under fails, and passing the z guard.

Concepts: head position for the passing was important for all passes. For the double under pass you want to keep eye contact the entire time to ensure forward movement and pressure. For the hop over, you have to put pressure on the waistline and for the zguard, you you put shoulder and head pressure on your opponents top hip, looking at the side you're passing. Pressure was the overall concept. He focused on using your head and shoulders to pressure during passes

Criticisms of bjj from him:Double guard pull is bullshit, ibjjf rules are not to his liking, time limits stifle bjj and encourage athleticism, and you should only do moves that encourage longevity in the sport Phone Post
2/16/13 11:56 PM
Randy "Stinks Like a Fart" Marsh
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/17/13 12:24 AM
athsportsnutrition
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.athsportsnutrition.com, Owner
Cool. I like Xandes jiu jitsu and views. Phone Post
2/17/13 2:52 AM
Wings&Things
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/17/13 2:56 AM
Shoot, I forgot to ask for you today bro. I was the other Asian guy talking to Tim at the end (in the white Atama Mundial 9). Glad you could make it.<br />
2/17/13 3:06 AM
Randy "Stinks Like a Fart" Marsh
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wings&Things - Shoot, I forgot to ask for you today bro. I was the other Asian guy talking to Tim at the end (in the white Atama Mundial 9). Glad you could make it.<br />
You looked really cute in that gi bro. Yay! Phone Post
2/17/13 10:16 AM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What would be moves that encourage longevity in the sport? I think rickson and saulo would be guys with that type of jiu jitsu but both are pretty busted up now.
2/17/13 11:06 AM
hubbarocks
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vegard - What would be moves that encourage longevity in the sport? I think rickson and saulo would be guys with that type of jiu jitsu but both are pretty busted up now.

This. What moves?

Also, $35 is nice!
2/17/13 11:29 AM
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubbarocks - 
vegard - What would be moves that encourage longevity in the sport? I think rickson and saulo would be guys with that type of jiu jitsu but both are pretty busted up now.

This. What moves?

Also, $35 is nice!

like ryron and rener jiu jitsu

2/17/13 11:44 AM
checkuroil
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wings&Things - Shoot, I forgot to ask for you today bro. I was the other Asian guy talking to Tim at the end (in the white Atama Mundial 9). Glad you could make it.<br />
Thanks. I really pride myself on color coordination Phone Post
2/17/13 11:45 AM
checkuroil

hubbarocks -

This. What moves?

Also, $35 is nice!
Not doing moves that require extreme flexibility or moves that make you roll over on your neck. Phone Post
2/17/13 12:30 PM
Wings&Things
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy "Stinks Like a Fart" Marsh - 
You looked really cute in that gi bro. Yay! Phone Post

At least somebody noticed! Yay!
2/17/13 12:32 PM
Wings&Things

checkuroil - 
Thanks. I really pride myself on color coordination Phone Post

Yup, you guys coordinated well.

The reason the cost was so low was because the host, Steve Cardenas, did not make any money off the seminar. It all went to Xande for his time.
2/17/13 12:48 PM
GrahamJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - 
hubbarocks -

This. What moves?

Also, $35 is nice!
Not doing moves that require extreme flexibility or moves that make you roll over on your neck. Phone Post

Age is no barrier to flexibility:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUgFtJZS1MI
2/18/13 1:44 PM
deepu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$35?!

I'm sooo jealous.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.