UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thoughts on Hendo/Machida

2/17/13 12:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
igorsright
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan excels in brawls...gritty fights that he counts levels attrition to go in his favor?

I admire Henderson..IMO the 2nd best tourney fighter of all time, and no doubt a top ten GOAT.

Yet style make fights and I feel Machida is a very bad style match up for him.

Dan usually has one gear... forward I anticipate him having a hard time with Lyotos footwork, agility and unorthodox counter striking.

He could always land that one shot but he is up againstthe worst match up he could facewhen it comes to putting on the pressure and being able to use effective timing.

I havnt seen much about this upcoming bout and would respect some intelligent feedback...
2/17/13 7:56 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lyoto is too elusive.... I can see stand his style but I think he takes it 8/10 Phone Post
2/17/13 8:07 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Page forced clinches in his fight with Machida and I can't understand why folks don't understand Hendo should be able to do that too. Now when that occurs I don't think anyone can be 100 percent on who comes out ahead either. I do favor Hendo in the clinch.

Hendo can play the same game Page did for Rd.'s 1 & 2 throughout. My worries for Hendo are in ring rust and the knee. Countering and tactics figure huge. Hendo moving in cautiously must look for the left to counter with the right (tough stuff). Machida moving away also wants to counter when Hendo leads.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.