UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Breaking - Hilarious Cyborg/Tito revelation by DFW

2/17/13 4:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/17/13 4:09 AM

UFC offered to sign Cyborg and pay costs to have her fight in Invicta (funded loaner situation) since she cant make 135lbs & they dont have a WMMA 145lb division - then they would figure out the potential Rousey match weight stuff later...

Borg & Tito declined and signed directly with Invicta

-jump to 9:45 to skip the UFC on Fuel 7 stuff-

2/17/13 4:33 AM
john joe
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
ha, that was me on this vid

"you think bjork is over there running bellator?"
"no, she's in iceland"
2/17/13 4:35 AM
vaginal tear
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for after the drunk driving. Phone Post
2/17/13 4:39 AM
UGCTT SidRival's Butler
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's an odd situation Phone Post
2/17/13 4:50 AM
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE - 

UFC offered to sign Cyborg and pay costs to have her fight in Invicta (funded loaner situation) since she cant make 135lbs & they dont have a WMMA 145lb division - then they would figure out the potential Rousey match weight stuff later...

Borg & Tito declined and signed directly with Invicta

-jump to 9:45 to skip the UFC on Fuel 7 stuff-

I love that Dana has come around on TRT.

I'm surprised it took him so long, it just looks so bad on the sport.
2/17/13 5:04 AM
Taz Styles
3102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - ha, that was me on this vid

"no, she's in iceland"

HAHAHA, i caught that earlier when i watched it.
2/17/13 5:39 AM
spliff
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha part 2 and 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y0NTilTqn2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GhgY91liHE
2/17/13 6:28 AM
slamming

FUCKING BJORK!

Nice management by Tito there.... oh wait LOL
2/17/13 6:29 AM
slamming

"no, she's in iceland"

I love how you didnt even break his stride and he mentioned Bjork again. That part made me laugh.
2/17/13 6:38 AM
Leigh
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha yeah that was funny :) Phone Post
2/17/13 8:19 AM
diggity

In for later Phone Post
2/17/13 9:09 AM
torquemada
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later. Phone Post
2/17/13 9:17 AM
Da Ghost

In Phone Post
2/17/13 9:19 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, i watched.  It makes very little sense the way Dana described it.  

1.  They wanted to sign cyborg and have her fight in invicta first.  Under a ufc contract with the perks you get with being under contract and he stated basically paying the bills.  

2.  They didn't accept and are now going to fight in Invicta, which is what Dana asked would happen originally.  

I have no idea what the terms were.  Dana laughed a little but he was nice about Tito.  He even said "he'll get better.".  

2/17/13 9:23 AM
torquemada
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Again, I don't know all the story, but that sounds completely retarded. Tito is coming across terribly. Phone Post
2/17/13 9:26 AM
Legalize It
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"no, she's in iceland"

my fucking god this made me laugh so hard and he didnt even flinch when you said that
2/17/13 9:29 AM
Brian J DSouza

There are benefits to the UFC contract, no doubt about it. But how easy is it to get out of a UFC contract due to matching clauses, indefinate renewal, options, championship clauses, etc?

Also what is Showtime doing about the MMA promotion they want to have on their network? Will it be Invicta?

Got to take chances to make big money, like Jerry Maguire. Sometimes signing a contract means you're locked down and have fewer options.

UFC isn't paying its fighters without guarantees.

2/17/13 9:31 AM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - FUCKING BJORK!

Do you think he said Bjork by accident?
2/17/13 9:31 AM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But Iceland retort was classic
2/17/13 9:33 AM
soremano

that is some high level management right there by mr. tito

brilliant strategic maneuvering

2/17/13 9:38 AM
Kneeblock
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter - 

Okay, i watched.  It makes very little sense the way Dana described it.  

1.  They wanted to sign cyborg and have her fight in invicta first.  Under a ufc contract with the perks you get with being under contract and he stated basically paying the bills.  

2.  They didn't accept and are now going to fight in Invicta, which is what Dana asked would happen originally.  

I have no idea what the terms were.  Dana laughed a little but he was nice about Tito.  He even said "he'll get better.".  

It makes perfect sense. Dana describes having a UFC contract as this awesome thing with all these perks, but under the Invicta contract Cyborg will have something she wouldn't under a the standard Zuffa boilerplate: Likeness rights. 

People can dismiss Tito as a clownshoe all they want, but he was the first fighter in the sport to take control of his own brand and likeness and capitalize on it as he saw fit. This was a sticking point for Couture, Fedor and others who couldn't make contract agreements with the UFC at given times. Signing directly with Invicta gives Cyborg likely the same amount of money if not more plus likeness rights. From Invicta's perspective, it gives them the ability to use Cyborg however they want without kickbacks that likely would've been built into any agreement with Zuffa. 

Things may not pan out for Cyborg, but I guarantee she's right now in the position to make more money than she would've been in an indentured servitude sign & trade contract. Whether she can capitalize on it or not is anyone's guess. What's likely is she'll turn up in the UFC in a couple years signing for much less than she could have right now and the Zuffa fanboys will cry "See, we told you so! Dana is always right!" But there's no right and wrong in these situations. Dana is a shrewd guy and Tito, despite his poor presentation skills, knows the business of this game. I wish he and Cyborg luck, but it's a steep hill they have to climb.

2/17/13 9:44 AM
spliff
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aleck911 -

No he does that shit on purpose.. When fedor was about to fight brett rogers dana was calling him buck rogers in interviews Phone Post
2/17/13 10:01 AM
Aleck911

spliff - 
Aleck911 -

No he does that shit on purpose.. When fedor was about to fight brett rogers dana was calling him buck rogers in interviews Phone Post

That's what I'm saying.

He's making fun of the guys's name basically called Bjorn a skinny little lady
2/17/13 10:04 AM
Don_Dada
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol BLAF can't keep Bellator's name out his mouth.
2/17/13 10:04 AM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.