2/17/13 10:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

L Phone Post
2/17/13 10:40 AM
PayItForward
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just chiming in:

"Bjork is in the house, in iceland, and running this bitch!"

2/17/13 10:41 AM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjork!

2/17/13 11:03 AM
40oztofreedom
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock -
BrCutter - 

Okay, i watched.  It makes very little sense the way Dana described it.  

1.  They wanted to sign cyborg and have her fight in invicta first.  Under a ufc contract with the perks you get with being under contract and he stated basically paying the bills.  

2.  They didn't accept and are now going to fight in Invicta, which is what Dana asked would happen originally.  

I have no idea what the terms were.  Dana laughed a little but he was nice about Tito.  He even said "he'll get better.".  

It makes perfect sense. Dana describes having a UFC contract as this awesome thing with all these perks, but under the Invicta contract Cyborg will have something she wouldn't under a the standard Zuffa boilerplate: Likeness rights. 

People can dismiss Tito as a clownshoe all they want, but he was the first fighter in the sport to take control of his own brand and likeness and capitalize on it as he saw fit. This was a sticking point for Couture, Fedor and others who couldn't make contract agreements with the UFC at given times. Signing directly with Invicta gives Cyborg likely the same amount of money if not more plus likeness rights. From Invicta's perspective, it gives them the ability to use Cyborg however they want without kickbacks that likely would've been built into any agreement with Zuffa. 

Things may not pan out for Cyborg, but I guarantee she's right now in the position to make more money than she would've been in an indentured servitude sign & trade contract. Whether she can capitalize on it or not is anyone's guess. What's likely is she'll turn up in the UFC in a couple years signing for much less than she could have right now and the Zuffa fanboys will cry "See, we told you so! Dana is always right!" But there's no right and wrong in these situations. Dana is a shrewd guy and Tito, despite his poor presentation skills, knows the business of this game. I wish he and Cyborg luck, but it's a steep hill they have to climb.

I agree, it would've been a big mistake to sign with the UFC to fight in Invicta. If anything, Dana would've made it more difficult. I don't buy Dana's bs about throwing all these perks her way. He doesn't care, he is all for Ronda destroying her. Phone Post
2/17/13 11:26 AM
sockeye
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Kneeblock", VTFU. I'm with Tito on this one Phone Post
2/17/13 11:27 AM
jasonhightower
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Part 2

2/17/13 11:28 AM
jasonhightower
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Part 3

2/17/13 11:38 AM
mose
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is definitely understandable from Tito/Cyborg point of view. They are hoping for a home-run in the long game, vs. a much more stable situation, with more benefits but more complications, in the short-term.

If Cyborg loses or gets hurt, their decision was horrible. If female MMA doesn't take off, so they can't cash in down the road, their decision was also very bad.

Plus, their is a ton of inside information that have privy to that we don't. Obviously, when cost/benefit calculations were done, this seemingly very weird path appeared to be their best one going forward.
2/17/13 12:04 PM
crumbs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - lol BLAF can't keep Bellator's name out his mouth.

It's hard when your asked questions about Bellator, did you want him to just not answer questions like a douche bag?

Like, what happen when you watched the scrum? You obviously heard the media ask him about Bellator, that must of registered in your head, did your hatred kick in as soon as you heard Dana talk about Bellator ? And you were like " ahhhh haa, I got him now, I've caught him obsessing over Bellator , I think I'll go post it on the Internet so everyone knows Dana can't keep Bellator put of his mouth"

I think Your obsessed with DFW, and it's creepy.

But to the real topic of the thread, big gamble for Cyborg, she better hope the female Werdum(not named Ronda) isn't out there ready to ruin her party, giving her less bargaining chips, which most people though she had none to begin with. It didn't work out for Fedor, But then again, Fedor was all natural. Tito may win this gamble. cyborg at 45 and at her full "potential" , seems like a no brainier. She keeps winning and they may be able to squeez more money out of the next Org She fights for.

Hopefully there are some fighters that can actually put up a fight, cyborg ruining wild on a division may end up having the opposite affect, sending the 145 division back to the dark ages, no one took 145 serious when she was hulk smashing people, the long term viability of a division being completely dominated by a women who looks like a mans would be very bleak. Something the uFC may have thought of, why create a division when the competition level isn't there yet, while it is at the Lower divisions.
2/17/13 12:07 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

It makes perfect sense. Dana describes having a UFC contract as this awesome thing with all these perks, but under the Invicta contract Cyborg will have something she wouldn't under a the standard Zuffa boilerplate: Likeness rights. 

Yea - now she can sign that 7 figure deal with a 3rd party bobblehead company...

lol @ 'likeness rights' - sometimes hardcore fans steep into delusional territory overestimating MMAs (espeially WMMA) popularity in the mainstream world

If nobody has any idea who you are, your likeness rights dont have any value.

*buys Cyborg lunchbox*

2/17/13 12:11 PM
Ariel's Shoes, GOAT
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - ha, that was me on this vid

"you think bjork is over there running bellator?"
"no, she's in iceland"
I LOL'd Phone Post
2/17/13 2:45 PM
garrote
290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naively Phone Post
2/17/13 2:54 PM
sodigthisbigcrux
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito is a glutton for punishment....

he needs to just enjoy his retirement...

people say he was a pioneer in fighter negotiations... if he was then he'd get the post fighter cushy desk job like Chuck or Hughes

and having Cyborg wear that shirt is
about as fucking lame as it gets.

actually I dislike Cyborg enough that I hope
Tito continues to manage her.... Phone Post
2/17/13 3:04 PM
Mihow

Edited: 02/17/13 3:05 PM
lol @ trt being too complicated ...

may be one of the dumbest thing I've heard 'it's too complicated, theres too many opinions, so it can't be good, right?!'
2/17/13 3:17 PM
Don_Dada
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs -

It's hard when your asked questions about Bellator, did you want him to just not answer questions like a douche bag?

Like, what happen when you watched the scrum? You obviously heard the media ask him about Bellator, that must of registered in your head, did your hatred kick in as soon as you heard Dana talk about Bellator ? And you were like " ahhhh haa, I got him now, I've caught him obsessing over Bellator , I think I'll go post it on the Internet so everyone knows Dana can't keep Bellator put of his mouth"

But to the real topic of the thread, big gamble for Cyborg, she better hope the female Werdum(not named Ronda) isn't out there ready to ruin her party, giving her less bargaining chips, which most people though she had none to begin with. It didn't work out for Fedor, But then again, Fedor was all natural. Tito may win this gamble. cyborg at 45 and at her full "potential" , seems like a no brainier. She keeps winning and they may be able to squeez more money out of the next Org She fights for.

Hopefully there are some fighters that can actually put up a fight, cyborg ruining wild on a division may end up having the opposite affect, sending the 145 division back to the dark ages, no one took 145 serious when she was hulk smashing people, the long term viability of a division being completely dominated by a women who looks like a mans would be very bleak. Something the uFC may have thought of, why create a division when the competition level isn't there yet, while it is at the Lower divisions.
Wow that sentence got you that emotional huh? lol I have nothing against BLAF at all, where are you getting the obsession thing from? The more BLAF talks about Bellator the better is the way I see it, loads of free advertising doesn't do anyone any harm :-)

Sorry if I accidentally touched a nerve, Crumbs. Phone Post
2/17/13 3:21 PM
Kneeblock
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/17/13 3:21 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE - 

Yea - now she can sign that 7 figure deal with a 3rd party bobblehead company...

lol @ 'likeness rights' - sometimes hardcore fans steep into delusional territory overestimating MMAs (espeially WMMA) popularity in the mainstream world

*buys Cyborg lunchbox*

The popularity of products you see here in America does not represent the full extent of the market for merchandising in MMA. Like I said, it could all fail miserably, but I guarantee Tito's merchandise has brought him more money than most of the UFC fighters signing their supposedly awesome (but subsequently reported as bargain basement) Nike deals. 

2/17/13 3:35 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The PR guy for Spike also made a thread here weekly when the #'s came out on last seasons TUF...

Haven't seen him make a thread lately about rating this season, lol.

2/17/13 4:30 PM
soremano

at least cyborg can sleep soundly knowing that tito has his hands firm around her fighting career

2/17/13 4:57 PM
crumbs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don_Dada - 
crumbs -

Wow that sentence got you that emotional huh? lol I have nothing against BLAF at all, where are you getting the obsession thing from? The more BLAF talks about Bellator the better is the way I see it, loads of free advertising doesn't do anyone any harm :-)

, my post showed how stupid your post is, and I pointed it it out beautifully with grace and humor. Touched a nerve? No ,that would be you when you got so excited to call Dana out, you didn't even realize he didn't even bring up bellator( how you didn't realize that is beyond me). No nerves touched, I just enjoy greatly pointing out obvious stupidity.

I like your spunk tho, trying to use psychology tricks, but it only works if said psychology can't be applied to your self.

Ie'. sorry Dana accidentally touch a nerve, don_Dada.

When clearly, he didn't touch a nerve, I didn't get a nerve touched, your just stupid and I called you on it. Don't make it complicated.

2/17/13 5:03 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

Kneeblock - 

*buys Cyborg lunchbox*

The popularity of products you see here in America does not represent the full extent of the market for merchandising in MMA. Like I said, it could all fail miserably, but I guarantee Tito's merchandise has brought him more money than most of the UFC fighters signing their supposedly awesome (but subsequently reported as bargain basement) Nike deals. 

I spend a couple months each year in SE Asia - work daily with Scots & Indians

no one has any idea who these WMMA chicks are

2/17/13 5:11 PM
CindyO

EBM - 

The PR guy for Spike also made a thread here weekly when the #'s came out on last seasons TUF...

Haven't seen him make a thread lately about rating this season, lol.

Who?

Cindy

2/17/13 5:13 PM
CindyO

Kneeblock - 

*buys Cyborg lunchbox*

but I guarantee Tito's merchandise has brought him more money than most of the UFC fighters signing their supposedly awesome (but subsequently reported as bargain basement) Nike deals.

How much has Totos merchandise sales brought him?

Cindy

2/17/13 5:57 PM
Don_Dada
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs -
Don_Dada - 
crumbs -

, my post showed how stupid your post is, and I pointed it it out beautifully with grace and humor. Touched a nerve? No ,that would be you when you got so excited to call Dana out, you didn't even realize he didn't even bring up bellator( how you didn't realize that is beyond me). No nerves touched, I just enjoy greatly pointing out obvious stupidity.

I like your spunk tho, trying to use psychology tricks, but it only works if said psychology can't be applied to your self.

Ie'. sorry Dana accidentally touch a nerve, don_Dada.

When clearly, he didn't touch a nerve, I didn't get a nerve touched, your just stupid and I called you on it. Don't make it complicated.

LOL what a dumbass. From that 9 word sentence you managed to put all that together huh? I'm obsessed, hate Dana etc lol ridiculous. So what if it's the journalists asking the questions, that's what they do, they bait and Dana can't help himself but to bite. Everytime without fail and it's awesome.

Btw could you please point out your beautifully crafted piece of humor from the initial rage response? Thanks.

Jimmies Rustled. Where's Cole Conrad when you need him? Phone Post
2/17/13 6:04 PM
crumbs

why point out stupidity, if it doesnt have any showmanship. that is the most key part of the internet.
2/17/13 7:11 PM
sodigthisbigcrux
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
Kneeblock - 

*buys Cyborg lunchbox*

but I guarantee Tito's merchandise has brought him more money than most of the UFC fighters signing their supposedly awesome (but subsequently reported as bargain basement) Nike deals.

How much has Totos merchandise sales brought him?

Cindy

Meet you all the way, meet you all the way, Rosanna yeah....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.