UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dear Terry Etim

2/17/13 2:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rudj
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Wagners Cut - 
rudj - Terry's English is terrible.

Something must have been lost in the translation.... maybe?
That's such an ignorant comment.

Why is his English terrible? Is it because YOU struggle to understand his scouse accent? Phone Post

Was an ignorant joke, Thats all...

Tho, I do struggle to understand the BAD scouse attitude. YOU may have a point. ...peace

2/17/13 2:49 PM
LyotoBundy
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terry probably didn't wanna be civil with a guy who just flatlined him; understandable. Also, the 'being a dick' to Forte was probably to keep himself hyped. He's a great fighter, as are his opponents. He's had 2 very long lay offs, and he'll come back strong. Phone Post
2/17/13 2:54 PM
MartialArtsMixed
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJDavis - Its not shit, he was just a dick. Everyone saw his attitude towards Renee before and during the fight, was the same thing all week. Renee never acts like that, and I told him not to let it upset him. Its just unnecessary. You dont need to be a buddy, or friendly to a guy you are going to fight, but you do not need to be a dick either. ost of the time it backfires!
Maybe he's just a wanker Phone Post
2/17/13 3:00 PM
rudj
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/17/13 3:10 PM
Da Ghost
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/17/13 4:19 PM
Rhys91
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -
Rhys91 - I lost money on Etim, he's a really bad fighter in my opinion.He isn't good enough for the ufc Phone Post
You bet on the only big favorite on the entire card, and now that he lost, you say he's not good enough to fight in the organization you said he'd win in?

Boy, you are a new kind of retarded. Phone Post
I bet on 5 others too and they all won.He was a heavy favourite and didn't perform, he's terrible Phone Post
2/17/13 4:22 PM
Rhys91
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Etim belongs on cage rage along with Sass and Mills.

Anybody who has a full training camp but physically can't do anything to defend a takedown doesn't belong in the UFC.

Sorry for such harsh words btw, its frustrating. Phone Post
2/17/13 4:23 PM
AJDavis
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just put up this thread because of how he behaved. He is a good fighter. Up to the Ko that Barboza inflicted on him, he was having a good fight against one of the best strikers in the Buz. Against Renee, I ave a feeling he was victim to underestimation.
2/17/13 4:37 PM
BispingLostFairlySquarely
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

butthurt for my frankie - 
pidgey - wow some people are really sensitive about accents, lot of over-reactions in this thread lol
The worst thing about it is that Sir Sean is an idol of mine and the comparison was a complement. Phone Post

Youll probably enjoy this little Sean C story then........

My mate was on holiday in France with three friends. He was driving and the others were in the car and pissed up. They are stopped at a red light and Connery pulls up beside them in a convertable with the roof down.

They spot him and start shouting over.....nothing insulting just a bunch of random stuff, and he carefully ignores them. Eventually they escalate to 'for FUCKS SAKE Sean, just say something. to some fellow scots'.

Just as the lights turn to green Connery turns and looks straight at them and utters the immortal words -

'Julie Andrews. 1969. Up the arse' before roaring away down the street leaving them open mouthed......

Get yourself into the TartanTopTeam thread Butthurt and well make you an honourary member!

2/17/13 4:59 PM
Tyrone sBong
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BispingLostFairlySquarely -
pidgey - wow some people are really sensitive about accents, lot of over-reactions in this thread lol
The worst thing about it is that Sir Sean is an idol of mine and the comparison was a complement. Phone Post

My mate was on holiday in France with three friends. He was driving and the others were in the car and pissed up. They are stopped at a red light and Connery pulls up beside them in a convertable with the roof down.

They spot him and start shouting over.....nothing insulting just a bunch of random stuff, and he carefully ignores them. Eventually they escalate to 'for FUCKS SAKE Sean, just say something. to some fellow scots'.

Just as the lights turn to green Connery turns and looks straight at them and utters the immortal words -

'Julie Andrews. 1969. Up the arse' before roaring away down the street leaving them open mouthed......

Get yourself into the TartanTopTeam thread Butthurt and well make you an honourary member!

Clap clap clap...

Epic. Phone Post
2/17/13 5:12 PM
mata_leao
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LyotoBundy - Terry probably didn't wanna be civil with a guy who just flatlined him; understandable. Also, the 'being a dick' to Forte was probably to keep himself hyped. He's a great fighter, as are his opponents. He's had 2 very long lay offs, and he'll come back strong. Phone Post
Hey Terry, keep your head up bro. Phone Post
2/17/13 5:34 PM
Sleazy Martinez
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BispingLostFairlySquarely -

Hahaha! Quality. Phone Post
2/17/13 5:37 PM
Kerouac

Etim moves like a middleweight
2/17/13 8:07 PM
D241
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Already impressed when I googled Julie Andrews.

A little more impressive when you consider she was about 34yrs old in 1969...

2/17/13 8:13 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mata_leao -
LyotoBundy - Terry probably didn't wanna be civil with a guy who just flatlined him; understandable. Also, the 'being a dick' to Forte was probably to keep himself hyped. He's a great fighter, as are his opponents. He's had 2 very long lay offs, and he'll come back strong. Phone Post
Hey Terry, keep your head up bro. Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
2/17/13 10:41 PM
Kirik
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

This sport needs Alex Davis, desperately. He is what it should be all about - honor, respect, and character.

2/17/13 11:05 PM
Delorian
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always sorta expected Etim to be a super nice guy.  Sucks to hear he may be a giant douche.  

2/18/13 8:47 AM
CherryHugger

He will always just be the guy Barboza KO'd. It was the defining moment of his career.
2/18/13 9:19 AM
smags
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is dere footage of barboza etim backstage? Phone Post
2/18/13 9:24 AM
The Mammoth
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

Already impressed when I googled Julie Andrews.

A little more impressive when you consider she was about 34yrs old in 1969...

Mary Poppins in case you hadnt noticed when googling.

Quite an achievement!

2/18/13 10:08 AM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if UFC will cut him or give him one more chance.

No offense to Renee Forte but he's a low tier fighter at 155 right now. You gotta wonder if Etim can compete with these guys anymore. He's been in the UFC for like 6 years, when a veteran like that loses to a fighter who is 0-1 in the UFC you know its time to evaluate that fighter's standing in the company.

2/18/13 10:41 AM
The Mammoth
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FearTheClown - 

I wonder if UFC will cut him or give him one more chance.

No offense to Renee Forte but he's a low tier fighter at 155 right now. You gotta wonder if Etim can compete with these guys anymore. He's been in the UFC for like 6 years, when a veteran like that loses to a fighter who is 0-1 in the UFC you know its time to evaluate that fighter's standing in the company.

At least one more chance i reckon.

He is a fan fave (in the UK at least) is 6 and 5 in the UFC and has 5 'of the nights' to his name.

Also, i'd to see Terry in this thread defending himself from comments others have made, its a bit harsh bashing him when, from ive seen, does not warrant it.

2/18/13 10:52 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wait a sec..... sean connery put it in mary poppin's pooper?  

2/18/13 10:54 AM
Don_Dada
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow every interview I've seen of Etim he seems like a good dude. Very surprised to hear this.. Phone Post
2/18/13 11:10 AM
john joe
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
i know what was up with terry on saturday night but if i post it, everyones just gonna flame away

*edit*

fuck it, here goes;

terry was in absolute bits for this fight - ribs cracked, elbow fucked, knee injury and a couple other things

the result was that he had a very soft camp and couldnt even spar, this is why he was so gun shy on saturday night, he's had to be wrapped in cotton wool

his camp did not want him to fight and nor did his manager but he has some situations right now and needs money, so pulling out was not an option

the vibes he was giving off through the week were not animosity as such, it was more nerves and tension because he and his team knew what was up. He was facing seriously fuckin long odds of not getting finished, much less actually getting the win

i only know this because i live not far from that camp and we all know each other; i havent spoke to terry direct and nor have i been asked to put anything out there, in fact quite the opposite as everyone knows that injuries = crybaby on the internet

i just had to post because people talking shit about terry being 'a bad fighter' and 'cage rage level' are either trolling or out of their fucking minds.

did that look like one of terry's usual performances to you? right then

I will get hold of Terry and get some comments if you want but he is broke up to fuck about the performance and the loss; he was very upset but not surprised because he wouldnt have been in there unless he needed the money

so there you go, flame away

AJ - no idea about the 'fuck you' thing, i will ask him. I know from previous conversations that he remembers nothing in the hours before or after barboza sparked him though, its all a blank. he doesnt remember being in the hospital either, nor trying to check himself out and go for a run or something

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.