UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dear Terry Etim

2/18/13 10:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Don_Dada
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow every interview I've seen of Etim he seems like a good dude. Very surprised to hear this.. Phone Post
2/18/13 11:09 AM
GSP24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't fault someone for being upset after a loss but for those who show good sportsmanship, regardless of the outcome, are equipped with good character. Phone Post
2/18/13 11:10 AM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
i know what was up with terry on saturday night but if i post it, everyones just gonna flame away

*edit*

fuck it, here goes;

terry was in absolute bits for this fight - ribs cracked, elbow fucked, knee injury and a couple other things

the result was that he had a very soft camp and couldnt even spar, this is why he was so gun shy on saturday night, he's had to be wrapped in cotton wool

his camp did not want him to fight and nor did his manager but he has some situations right now and needs money, so pulling out was not an option

the vibes he was giving off through the week were not animosity as such, it was more nerves and tension because he and his team knew what was up. He was facing seriously fuckin long odds of not getting finished, much less actually getting the win

i only know this because i live not far from that camp and we all know each other; i havent spoke to terry direct and nor have i been asked to put anything out there, in fact quite the opposite as everyone knows that injuries = crybaby on the internet

i just had to post because people talking shit about terry being 'a bad fighter' and 'cage rage level' are either trolling or out of their fucking minds.

did that look like one of terry's usual performances to you? right then

I will get hold of Terry and get some comments if you want but he is broke up to fuck about the performance and the loss; he was very upset but not surprised because he wouldnt have been in there unless he needed the money

so there you go, flame away

AJ - no idea about the 'fuck you' thing, i will ask him. I know from previous conversations that he remembers nothing in the hours before or after barboza sparked him though, its all a blank. he doesnt remember being in the hospital either, nor trying to check himself out and go for a run or something
2/18/13 11:15 AM
suess
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the inside info john

2/18/13 11:15 AM
Mdson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't mind if a guy acts a bit disrespectful before the fight, some guys just need to do that hype themselves up. I mean, you are about to go in to a steel cage and punch/kick each other in the face.

Being disrespectful after a fight sounds shitty, though.
2/18/13 11:43 AM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol i got a few votedowns for posting that?

im not making excuses for the guy; he shouldnt have fought like that and if he had no money then he should have done something else about that rather than jeopardise his contract, imo

but its like, you cant say anything about what was going on with a guy coz 'youre a crybaby'

and i am sure forte's life is no bed of roses either but trust me, i am only posting this because i know some of the Kaobon lads, terry was in pieces for this one. Eh; it is what it is
2/18/13 11:47 AM
DoubleBagger
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/13 12:07 PM
You idiots shitting on Etim because some guy says he's a dick on the internet?
2/18/13 12:02 PM
Kerouac

Thanks for the insight JJ. Makes sense now...him being in slowmo mode i mean.
2/18/13 12:04 PM
Don_Dada
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - lol i got a few votedowns for posting that?

im not making excuses for the guy; he shouldnt have fought like that and if he had no money then he should have done something else about that rather than jeopardise his contract, imo

but its like, you cant say anything about what was going on with a guy coz 'youre a crybaby'

and i am sure forte's life is no bed of roses either but trust me, i am only posting this because i know some of the Kaobon lads, terry was in pieces for this one. Eh; it is what it is

Voted up.
2/18/13 12:06 PM
john joe

DoubleBagger - You idiots shitting on Etim because some guy says he's a dick on the internet? How do you know AJ isn't lying, eh?

AJD is a very well known and respected guy with a lot of integrity, he wont by lying. But i know terry has a complete memory write off of before and after the Barboza KO so if he did tell someone to fuck off perhaps its because his head was a wobbled

he had a shit fight on saturday because he was broke up; i like terry and i hope he doesnt get cut but youve got to think he's in the crosshairs for that one.

im not tryan take away from renee either, he looked very very good and much improved. Just tryna give a little insight into Terry's situation because of the idiots saying he's "a bad fighter" , that pissed me off

i will probably get shit off people at terry's side for writing in this thread as well but Terry's a super nice guy and it annoyed me to read idiots and tuf-noobs shit-talking him
2/18/13 12:07 PM
john joe

Don_Dada - 
john joe - lol i got a few votedowns for posting that?

Voted up.

obrigado :)
2/18/13 12:10 PM
Oprahs Queefs Are My Air Supply
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/18/13 12:13 PM
Stu Cazzo

Thanks John Joe....  Big fan of your work.

2/18/13 12:15 PM
john joe

Stu Cazzo - 

Thanks John Joe....  Big fan of your work.

thanks a lot :)
2/18/13 12:16 PM
ausgepicht

A fan of Etim and I still am. This was a bad loss and put him one step closer to being cut. He didn't win, get a bonus, set up a bigger payday and might have flushed his career down the tubes. While chances are his life will go on, that shortly after a loss, with all this weighing on him, he may have let it get to him. Nothing to hold against him. It's not like he spit on one of the cornermen or something.

The op has mentioned that he said "Fuck off." He was also directly asked no less than three times to specify what Etim did or said to Renee and he has dodged it with vague answers.

Let's hear both sides before jumping to conclusions. I know it's tough on a site full of Brazilian wannabees who worship everything a Brazilian says as the gospel, but it's the fair thing to do. Phone Post
2/18/13 12:17 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat

Damn Mary fucking poppins.

Get well soon terry Phone Post
2/18/13 12:31 PM
RickStorm
1515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Hey John... Sent you a PM

2/18/13 12:49 PM
Wizgub
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

butthurt for my frankie - I know hes out of Liverpool but Terry looks and sounds like a 20 something Sean Conery

Out of any English speaking human,scots are the most incoherent. Phone Post
The inverness accent was voted and is regarded as the easiest to understand british accent.... Phone Post
2/18/13 11:08 PM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You always remember those dirty girls. Mary Poppins, I hardly knew ye...

Etim's physical condition prior to the fight makes a ton of sense... but it was probably a bad career choice as he looked like he just didn't belong. Time will tell.
2/19/13 12:05 AM
Another Foob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJDavis - Barboza was only competing, he did not wish for any harm to Etim. His concern was genuin. Anyone who has been back stage at the FC knows that the fighters are taken straight to the Drs, but there was no holding Edson from checking on Etim before he himself was looked at. Etims attitude was very sorry. But I thought maybe was the moment, was disspointed, who wouldn't be?
But in this fight vs Renee, was the same attitude, and he paid for it.
There is no excuse for not respecting your op, next time could be yourself waking up from a viscous ko, can happen to anyone!

"There is no excuse for not respecting your op, next time could be yourself waking up from a viscous ko, can happen to anyone!"

Two potential UG memes in one sentence!
2/19/13 3:57 AM
kid chaos
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mary poopins??? Phone Post
2/19/13 4:12 AM
JOB
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean Connery anal'd Mary Poppins and the girl from Sound of Music. That's just beautiful. I'm almost shedding a tear.
2/19/13 5:49 AM
The Mammoth
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

James Bond taking Mary Poppins up the pooper.

Now THAT is a movie.

2/19/13 6:50 AM
Jack88
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Not all Scottish people are hard to understand. Maybe when we talk quickly with each other but definitely not all the time.

2. Etim sounds fuck all like anyone from Scotland.

3. Yank sluts love a Scottish accent, dont hate.
2/19/13 7:28 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure Etim has a scouse accent.

Hassn't anyone watched British tv before? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.