UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Bravo45 Gunfighting Discussion Thread

2/17/13 4:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jerry Bohlander
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bravo45 - 
Jerry Bohlander -  Good info on the AFG. I've been using one on my 10.5" noveske for a while. I haven't had any problems yet, but I'm sure ill run into something.

Have you had a chance to try out a bravo company grip yet? Just got one for my new build up. Damn comfortable Phone Post

I have not, but I am always a fan of grips where you can store shit like batteries, bolt parts, cocaine etc.

It's got a roomy storage compartment. I could probably stuff a quarter oz in there. You might like it. The angle of the grip also allows me to tuck my elbow while keeping a good grip and allows for a strighter pull of the trigger. Ok, my sales pitch is done.
2/17/13 4:17 PM
bravo45
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For thumb-over-bore shooters, a rail mounted pressure plate is a good idea, provided you don't set that bitch off inadvertantly.  You can mitigate this by twisting the light to the permanent off position.  

2/17/13 4:19 PM
bravo45
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are other options, depending on your hand size:

2/17/13 4:20 PM
Saiga12
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like my Vicker's Medic sling when hunting. Not sure they make it any more I did a quick check and couldn't find it. Has a quick adjust on each end which I find handy for moving to my back and pulling both ends tight when I need to climb a tree stand or downed trees. I keep it on QD sling mounts so I can remove them easily.

2/17/13 4:20 PM
bravo45

In the end, this is what I prefer because it doesn't interrupt my normal grip:  

2/17/13 4:21 PM
bravo45

Trust me when I say I have run my pressure plate in all sorts of stupid places, and found this to be the most comfortable.
2/17/13 4:22 PM
bravo45

But you don't have to be fancy.  You could take this set-up right here to a gunfight and be just fine.  

2/17/13 4:24 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grip and light location/activation:

Back when I was still working, I used the grip style you are talking about with a shorty HK 416 and a VFG. I cheated the grip back just enough so I could mount a light at 10 o'clock on the end of the quad rail. I could then us my floating thumb to activate button on the light.

Dude, this is an awesome thread.
2/17/13 4:26 PM
bravo45

Light placement has no real right answer, just whatever is most comfortable to the shooter, and passes the common sense test.
2/17/13 4:26 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You beat me to it.
2/17/13 4:27 PM
ffjc805
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. Thanks for the knowledge.
Do you have an opinion on the Ares Armor Husky Amentum slider sling? I picked one up cheap, it's comfortable, seems to work well, and functions intuitively. So far so good... Phone Post
2/17/13 4:30 PM
bravo45

Like this I feel is poor light placement, coupled with the AFG.  Picture how your hand has to move to use that grip and that light at the same time.  

2/17/13 4:30 PM
theken206
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bravo45 - 

Lots of instructors recommend mounting yourflashlight on the same side as your dominant hand, especially if you have a VFG.  The method of execution is like this:  

However I find this method to be very uncomfortable in the long run, with the way you have to contort your wrist to activate the light.  

I personally find it not to be that bad........ but I do know what you mean.

How do you like the Surefire Light/VFG combos?

I have a "funny" story about one of those that I might have to share lol. They apparently are pretty handy for whacking hajis with in a pinch haha.
2/17/13 4:31 PM
IP

Do you have a suggestion for a two-point that's easily adjustable from a standard hanging position in the front to a sucked-up-tight position on the back?
2/17/13 4:33 PM
bravo45

ffjc805 -  Awesome. Thanks for the knowledge.
Do you have an opinion on the Ares Armor Husky Amentum slider sling? I picked one up cheap, it's comfortable, seems to work well, and functions intuitively. So far so good... Phone Post

Seems like a busy sling.

On my team I let guys pick and choose what they want to run. Then I design a stress shoot scenario that really pushes the limits of their gear. If it works for them, it works.

So if you like it, and you can use, that's great. I wouldn't run one though.

But then I'm a boring sling guy.
2/17/13 4:35 PM
bravo45

IP - Do you have a suggestion for a two-point that's easily adjustable from a standard hanging position in the front to a sucked-up-tight position on the back?

I've not seen anything that can do that without taking the sling on and off, unless you want to sling it muzzle up in the back.

If that's the case, any of the VTAC, Vickers slings will work.
2/17/13 4:37 PM
SirPrize
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed Phone Post
2/17/13 4:37 PM
bravo45

theken206, 

I don't like bottom mounted lights and I'll tell you why.  Once upon a time, I mounted my shit just like this surefire grip:  

With my VFG in the spot that I like it, and the light pushed out ahead of it.  Went to the range, and promptly blew out the lense glass and bulb on that light.  

So now I mount them higher.  
2/17/13 4:38 PM
IP

Do you train your guys to slip an arm out of the sling in order to make transition adjustments or do you find that to be too much of a hassle?
2/17/13 4:39 PM
bravo45

IP - Do you train your guys to slip an arm out of the sling in order to make transition adjustments or do you find that to be too much of a hassle?

With the VTAC it shouldn't be necessary unless you have shoulder mobility/impingement issues which are very commonplace in the tactical community.
2/17/13 4:39 PM
Saiga12
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bravo45 - 
IP - Do you have a suggestion for a two-point that's easily adjustable from a standard hanging position in the front to a sucked-up-tight position on the back?

I've not seen anything that can do that without taking the sling on and off, unless you want to sling it muzzle up in the back.

If that's the case, any of the VTAC, Vickers slings will work.

The medic sling from Vicker's does exactly that. It's not on their site anymore and I bought a few when they had a half price sale on them a few years ago.
2/17/13 4:42 PM
NAzHunter
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blue please

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/az-hunter/Pre%202011/SW%20MP%20AR15%20MOE%20DE/jwswmpar1501.jpg

My S n W, M n P...
Just thought I'd share...

Very comfortable with the GripPod and Elzetta Light set-up. Phone Post
2/17/13 4:44 PM
DrMcTeepyourface
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for info Phone Post
2/17/13 4:47 PM
bravo45

For Naz:  

Would you like me to critique this setup?  

2/17/13 4:51 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.