UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Bravo45 Gunfighting Discussion Thread

2/17/13 4:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OutlawJW
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/17/13 4:55 PM
ptper
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Inn.
2/17/13 4:57 PM
NAzHunter
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bravo45 -

For Naz:  

Would you like me to critique this setup?  

Absolutely Phone Post
2/17/13 4:59 PM
NAzHunter
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is another pic with the Eotech and magnifier...

Blue please

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/az-hunter/Pre%202011/SW%20MP%20AR15%20MOE%20DE/jwswmpar15001aeotech.jpg Phone Post
2/17/13 5:02 PM
bravo45
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok.

The GripPod is huge, I always found, and added too much weight to the front of the gun. Plus you have iron sights, currently, and I don't see much of a use for a bipod at the moment.

Have you tried running your light on the side of the gun? The Magpul handguards are great for their modularity, and maintaining light weight.

As I stated in my other thread, I have lots of shoulder, elbow and wrist pain, so for me I try to make the gun as light weight and maneuverable as possible to prevent shooter fatigue.

Your mileage may vary. I have to carry my gun much longer than folks do at the local 3-gun match.
2/17/13 5:03 PM
bravo45
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Naz.  Is your EOTech stable like that?  

2/17/13 5:12 PM
NAzHunter

bravo45 -

The Eotech is stable, but you are correct, it's a heavy rifle. And, with the multiplier flipped out of the way and my flip up sight in the up position, I can view my iron sights through the Eotech.

I like the Elzetta setup with the light adjusted so that when gripping the GripPod, to activate the light, all I have to do is slide my top finger on my grip hand up to either feather the light in bursts, or fully depress for constant on.

Thx for the feedback... Only thing I'm not fully comfortable with is the Troy sling. Kind of awkward at times..., I need to put a little time into trying out some other options. Phone Post
2/17/13 5:14 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin -

It's think that it's a user-preference issue and your mileage may vary, but I really dislike VGs even when standing up and shooting on the move.

Have you tried magpuls angled foregrip? I have one on my mp15 and like it Phone Post
2/17/13 5:16 PM
bravo45

NAzHunter - 
bravo45 -

The Eotech is stable, but you are correct, it's a heavy rifle. And, with the multiplier flipped out of the way and my flip up sight in the up position, I can view my iron sights through the Eotech.

I like the Elzetta setup with the light adjusted so that when gripping the GripPod, to activate the light, all I have to do is slide my top finger on my grip hand up to either feather the light in bursts, or fully depress for constant on.

Thx for the feedback... Only thing I'm not fully comfortable with is the Troy sling. Kind of awkward at times..., I need to put a little time into trying out some other options. Phone Post

Ok it just looked like the EOTech wasn't grabbing much rail.

As long as you are happy with this setup.
2/17/13 5:19 PM
bravo45

A few more pictures for fun:  

M-14 with a unique stock someone gave to me.  

Sniper's gotta have a sniper gun  

And a few other toys  

2/17/13 5:25 PM
Jerry Bohlander
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What optic are you using on you sniper rifle? Night force, us optics, etc? Phone Post
2/17/13 5:29 PM
Keep if professional
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bravo45, have you taken any carbine training courses? I'm thinking of taking a tactical carbine course and possibly a small unit tactics course. What's your opinion on the utility of these and would you recommend any?
2/17/13 5:47 PM
Offshore201
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post
2/17/13 5:50 PM
bravo45

Jerry Bohlander -  What optic are you using on you sniper rifle? Night force, us optics, etc? Phone Post

Nothing fancy enough to speak of.
2/17/13 5:53 PM
bravo45

Keep if professional - Bravo45, have you taken any carbine training courses? I'm thinking of taking a tactical carbine course and possibly a small unit tactics course. What's your opinion on the utility of these and would you recommend any?

I have taken courses at MidSouth and other more exclusive places.

I would highly recommend a carbine course.

I don't know any reputable instructors teaching SUT- courses though.
2/17/13 5:56 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where do you recommend placing the sling QD mounts on a carbine length m4? Phone Post
2/17/13 5:57 PM
bravo45

One on the rail closest to the magwell, and the other end on or near the end of the buttstock.

I don't like the rifle to hang so high that the buttstock is over my shoulder when I'm hands-free because it interferes with my pistol draw stroke.
2/17/13 5:58 PM
Mind's Eye
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bravo45 - So flashlights:

The brands I recommend are Surefire and Insight. We will talk about some mounting and usage options with pictures to explain a few things.

Have you experienced Powertac lights enough to develop an opinion of them?

Have two I'm happy with, but no feel on how they stack up.
2/17/13 5:58 PM
effinggoof
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is very relevent to my intrests.

I am in the process of setting up a new 10.5 inch AR, with a light, and the light/grip/sling setup on such a short rifle is annoying the fuck out of me.

2/17/13 6:00 PM
bravo45

Mind's Eye - 
bravo45 - So flashlights:

The brands I recommend are Surefire and Insight. We will talk about some mounting and usage options with pictures to explain a few things.

Have you experienced Powertac lights enough to develop an opinion of them?

Have two I'm happy with, but no feel on how they stack up.

No, and unlike most internet gun experts, I don't want to comment on something I don't have any experience with.
2/17/13 6:04 PM
bewl
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/17/13 6:11 PM
bravo45

Well I'm done with my discourse for the day, if you have any questions post 'em here, I'll be checking my phone app.

If you have an idea for the next installment with pictures and explanation, PM me, I am on leave all this week (but I'm going skiing at the end of next week wooo)
2/17/13 6:20 PM
MountainMedic
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good thread.

I see this one quietly running for quite some time. Phone Post
2/17/13 6:43 PM
nottheface
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
2/17/13 6:45 PM
joemama1034
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In there like swim wear. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.