OtherGround Forums >> Bravo45 Gunfighting Discussion Thread

3/22/13 6:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lurken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sreiter - 
Lurken - 
Jedburgh1 -  Damn this thread always heats up when I go to bed Phone Post

And like most threads, it will go to shit when sreiter shows up.

Standby for massive shittalking about how Jackburtons Da Da is the bestest in the world.

i've been here for 51 pages. You;re the only shit talker here,

Lets here about how your self taught, hillbilly sniper friend and you will hit 3 inch targets at 2500m all day long

LOL at hillbilly. he had the sandbox record early desert storm for taking out a haji mortar crew that was wearing out a Marine infantry platoon. 1000 plus yards shots at moving targets.

You little spandex wearing chubby fag.

You are a nobody. You have no military or l.e. experience. Your a fucking weirdass little wannabe punk that pays a shitload of money to be affiliated with known firearms instructors. Dont ruin the thread.

MODS please monitor sreiters posts. he tends to start shit and destroy good threads.

Im done!
3/22/13 6:35 PM
Jedburgh1
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^I vaguely remember that debate. Was that guy saying clear the rest of the house with the secondary?
3/22/13 6:37 PM
IP
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lurken - 
sreiter - 
Lurken - 

Standby for massive shittalking about how Jackburtons Da Da is the bestest in the world.

Lets here about how your self taught, hillbilly sniper friend and you will hit 3 inch targets at 2500m all day long

LOL at hillbilly. he had the sandbox record early desert storm for taking out a haji mortar crew that was wearing out a Marine infantry platoon. 1000 plus yards shots at moving targets.

You are a nobody. You have no military or l.e. experience. Your a fucking weirdass little wannabe punk that pays a shitload of money to be affiliated with known firearms instructors. Dont ruin the thread.

MODS please monitor sreiters posts. he tends to start shit and destroy good threads.

Im done!

What's the beef with you two?
3/22/13 6:42 PM
sreiter

IP - 
Lurken - 
sreiter - 
Lurken - 

Im done!

What's the beef with you two?

he's a weirdo stalker who literally destroys every thread. he's been called out to shoot for cash, to fight me IRL, and always pussies out. Classic troll.

Here - you can read his idiocy.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=104&thread=1365932&page=1
3/22/13 6:43 PM
Jedburgh1
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back on track.  A pro-tip for Friday.  My good friend came by the house recently.  He was headed out the door for Afghanistan soon.  As such, the bravo on his team had mounted him a SpecterDR on his M4, for longer engagements.  He complained about the old "nose to the charging handle" method of reacquiring parallax every time, as you would with glass optics or red dot.  

So I shared this with him:  

For the purposes of this picture I have used a zip-tie, but I would recommend using only rubber bands, to save your face.  Get your good head position and cheek weld, and place a rubber band where your cheek and corner of your mouth hit the buttstock.  Good positioning every time, and no nose to the charging handle (which I don't like either, I had surgery for a deviated septum years ago, and it aggravates my nose to shoot like that...)  

3/22/13 6:50 PM
sreiter

Jedburgh1 - ^^I vaguely remember that debate. Was that guy saying clear the rest of the house with the secondary?

i dont remember it all...

i think??? it had something to do with him saying just keep on firing (spray and pray) dont even think about conserving ammo...

At some point I mentioned I saw Tim Kennedy on some TV show doing a house clearing where he ran dry for no reason, only taking out 3 targets (dummies) with several mags. Maybe deadliest warrior.

When he asked you, you said you'd converse in that you'd only fire as much as you needed or something to that effect...

Basically, he was arguing until you agreed with me (to whatever degree), then literally never posted another word on the subject.
3/22/13 6:51 PM
IP
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jed - Cycling the M4 via charging handle

Method you favor, please.

3/22/13 6:53 PM
sreiter

Jedburgh1 - 

Back on track.  A pro-tip for Friday.  My good friend came by the house recently.  He was headed out the door for Afghanistan soon.  As such, the bravo on his team had mounted him a SpecterDR on his M4, for longer engagements.  He complained about the old "nose to the charging handle" method of reacquiring parallax every time, as you would with glass optics or red dot.  

So I shared this with him:  

For the purposes of this picture I have used a zip-tie, but I would recommend using only rubber bands, to save your face.  Get your good head position and cheek weld, and place a rubber band where your cheek and corner of your mouth hit the buttstock.  Good positioning every time, and no nose to the charging handle (which I don't like either, I had surgery for a deviated septum years ago, and it aggravates my nose to shoot like that...)  

thats a GREAT tip

you posted it before , but i wasnt sure what you meant..for sure will get your cheek weld consistent
3/22/13 6:53 PM
IP

Jed - Preferred go-to mechanical breaching tool
3/22/13 6:55 PM
sreiter

Jedburgh1 - ^^I vaguely remember that debate. Was that guy saying clear the rest of the house with the secondary?

he may have..like dont worry if you run dry you can finish with secondary, or something like that ...he also said something like the rest of the team would have my back if i was out... and i argued you're putting their life in danger by not doing your job, AND not covering them.. things along those lines
3/22/13 6:56 PM
Jedburgh1

sreiter - 

i dont remember it all...

i think??? it had something to do with him saying just keep on firing (spray and pray) dont even think about conserving ammo...

At some point I mentioned I saw Tim Kennedy on some TV show doing a house clearing where he ran dry for no reason, only taking out 3 targets (dummies) with several mags. Maybe deadliest warrior.

When he asked you, you said you'd converse in that you'd only fire as much as you needed or something to that effect...

Basically, he was arguing until you agreed with me (to whatever degree), then literally never posted another word on the subject.

Ah yeah.

He retired the last year or two out of 5th Group. Some of those old guys are still holding onto old techniques.

Gotta stay current.
3/22/13 6:57 PM
Jedburgh1

IP - Jed - Cycling the M4 via charging handle

I'm confused. Reloading? Malfunction clearing?
3/22/13 6:59 PM
sreiter

BCM gunfighter - support hand only ... yeahm i know i'm not jed - lolol
3/22/13 6:59 PM
Jedburgh1

IP - Jed - Preferred go-to mechanical breaching tool

The ram, if someone else carries it.

Honestly though our interior SOP is shotguns and door charges.

We carry rams and halligans sometimes but rarely use 'em.

I ripped up the inside of a 160th Nightstalker helicopter with a halligan on my back one time. They were not happy about that.

Most useful mechanical tool? Bolt cutters.
3/22/13 7:01 PM
IP

Jedburgh1 - 

I'm confused. Reloading? Malfunction clearing?

Reloading in a hot area. What's the smoothest method.
3/22/13 7:02 PM
Jedburgh1

Slap the bolt release with an open hand.
3/22/13 7:05 PM
IP

Jedburgh1 - 
IP - Jed - Preferred go-to mechanical breaching tool

The ram, if someone else carries it.

Honestly though our interior SOP is shotguns and door charges.

We carry rams and halligans sometimes but rarely use 'em.

I ripped up the inside of a 160th Nightstalker helicopter with a halligan on my back one time. They were not happy about that.

Most useful mechanical tool? Bolt cutters.

We almost always used rams, and always took a set of bolt cutters (side gates). Have you used a sledge hammer? I've never seen one used in training or real life.

My issue with a ram is they expose the dude swinging it, as they can't always stand off-set. Effective, though.
3/22/13 7:08 PM
IP

Jedburgh1 - Slap the bolt release with an open hand.

Malfunction?
3/22/13 7:11 PM
Jedburgh1

Pulling the charging handle with your support hand as the second step in your immediate action process Phone Post
3/22/13 7:14 PM
IP

^^^The hammer, ever use one and was it as effective as a ram?
3/22/13 7:15 PM
Jedburgh1

Never used one. Phone Post
3/22/13 7:17 PM
sreiter

IP - Sounds to me like there are quite a few civilian firearms enthusiasts with solid expertise in shooting. Have you guys ever thought about getting together privately and doing a round-robin type instruction/presentation to each other? I have to believe you'd pick up some good stuff, and at the same time save money by not paying for a big name. Obviously you guys are interested in improving your game. This might be a good option.?.

a few years back, jack, on several occasions offered to set up anyone who wanted, a free training day with his dad, plus beer and steaks... even would buy your ammo before it got too expensive.

no one ever took him up on it.

well, i kinda did, but i was living in the same town as Jack.. just because its the kinda guy i am, I paid for the lesson, which lead me to shooting at least 4 hours a week with him, sometimes 8, for around 9 months or so (and he offer the training day to me before he did the general OG..so)

WITHOUT question, Jacks the most generous, giving dude, you'll ever find in your life...

3/22/13 7:21 PM
Jedburgh1

Ha fuck I would do that now in a heartbeat, back then couldn't afford the airfare Phone Post
3/22/13 7:28 PM
sreiter

Jedburgh1 -  Ha fuck I would do that now in a heartbeat, back then couldn't afford the airfare Phone Post

obviously, i cant speak for Jack...but knowing the kind of person he is, i'm sure if you asked....

Dont know if you know, he's not in the same state anymore, so it would be a trip for him too.
3/22/13 7:33 PM
Fast Pitch
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.