UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: The UFC will never go 'public'

2/18/13 12:40 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I never say never, but I'd have to say never. I don't think so, I don't think we'd do it. I've haven't seen too many great experiences with going public and I just don't think this is one of those businesses that we could really run the way we wanted to if we were (public). The thing we've said since day one about going public is, nobody believed in this thing.

When we first bought it, started to build it, nobody believed in it. I'm talking about the business world, and now all of a sudden I'm going to take advice from these guys on Wall Street who never believed in it in the first place? I don't see it, not while I'm here anyway."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

2/18/13 12:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never expected it to, not a huge shock. 

2/18/13 12:53 AM
garrote
525 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. Phone Post
2/18/13 12:53 AM
caseharts
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. Screw going public ever Phone Post
2/18/13 12:57 AM
inf0
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The UFC will never invite Tito back!"

"The UFC will never have a women's division."

"The UFC will never...

bleh bleh bleh

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens within a year or two.

2/18/13 1:00 AM
robbie380
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They shouldn't go public.  It makes little sense. 

jasonhightower
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

"The UFC will never...

bleh bleh bleh

lol very true, and it's not like Dana would have the ultimate say in it anyway. People forget he's the minority owner 

2/18/13 1:02 AM
inf0
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A UFC reality show? Horrible idea........ won't happen

2/18/13 1:16 AM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
inf0 - 

"The UFC will never...

bleh bleh bleh

lol very true, and it's not like Dana would have the ultimate say in it anyway. People forget he's the minority owner 

I'm pretty sure he has more value than just his stock. He's very very close friends with the fertittas practically blood. They are going to go with his opinion I'm sure at the very least consider it hard Phone Post
2/18/13 1:17 AM
Mr Sizzzz
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/18/13 1:18 AM
Sherdoggystyle

Edited: 02/18/13 1:23 AM
Of course they won't go public. Every time there's an injury involving the main event, the stock would drop like 10%.
2/18/13 3:02 AM
stonepony

They have zero reason to go public. They're doing fine on their own.
2/18/13 3:29 AM
Daht
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They would only go public if the Fertittas wanted to cash out. They are already billionaires and LOVE this sport, so I find that unlikely. Maybe their kids or grandkids will.
2/18/13 3:30 AM
SgtJustinTeplitz
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in it to win it
2/18/13 6:27 AM
SamboMMA

UGCTT_Aussie - 
gamer -
andyman011 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
inf0 - 

"The UFC will never...

bleh bleh bleh

I'm pretty sure he has more value than just his stock. He's very very close friends with the fertittas practically blood. They are going to go with his opinion I'm sure at the very least consider it hard Phone Post

Dana was opposed to TUF, and voted against it

The Fertittas over ruled Dana and went with TUF

Dana hardly makes the decisions
Wow haven't heard that one before! Got any other inside story's bro? Phone Post

Where have you been hiding? LOL. That's been common knowledge for years. Dana didn't want TUF. He wanted Spike to do a reality show on him called "The Promoter". The Fertittas eventually over ruled him and TUF git the go ahead and the rest is history. Though Dana will claim TUF was his idea whenever he gets the chance.
2/18/13 6:29 AM
DRevan
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GTFO
2/18/13 6:34 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daht - They would only go public if the Fertittas wanted to cash out. They are already billionaires and LOVE this sport, so I find that unlikely. Maybe their kids or grandkids will.

Then a private deal would still make more sense in this current climate.

Lets face it going public as  sporting entity hardly is the most enticing prospect nowadays. People who are really invested in sports mostly use it as a tool for personal glory or to market brands of companies they currently own. So a private deal would make a lot more sense.

Having said that i really do not see this happening until either Dana has died or has become so old he is not able to function anymore or the Fertitta's have going. Still the chances that this stays in the family is pretty big because what boys do not like professional MMA.

Anyways even in a flush market the UFC and Zuffa as a company are uniquely unsuited to go public. Its more hassle then its worth and really would not create a lot of additional wealth anyways. The brand name might be strong but its still tainted in the eyes of blue chip companies. Institutional investors would not be that interested. It would draw the wrong kind of larger shareholders. And they will basically wreck a product where they have little to no knowledge about.

2/18/13 6:36 AM
slamming

I love how people think Dana has barely influence over the future of the company. Get a fucking clue, he's been pivotal.

"But but but he didnt want TUF".
2/18/13 7:47 AM
Jone2tone
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If anyone, i could see Bellatore going public, since it would (they'd hope) give them enough cash to really compete with the UFC. Even then, I'd be surprised if it worked out well. Phone Post
2/18/13 8:13 AM
SamboMMA

UGCTT_Aussie - 
SamboMMA -
UGCTT_Aussie - 
gamer -
andyman011 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
inf0 - 

"The UFC will never...

bleh bleh bleh

Dana was opposed to TUF, and voted against it

The Fertittas over ruled Dana and went with TUF

Dana hardly makes the decisions
Wow haven't heard that one before! Got any other inside story's bro? Phone Post

Where have you been hiding? LOL. That's been common knowledge for years. Dana didn't want TUF. He wanted Spike to do a reality show on him called "The Promoter". The Fertittas eventually over ruled him and TUF git the go ahead and the rest is history. Though Dana will claim TUF was his idea whenever he gets the chance.
Sorry man I was being a smart ass. Ill VTFU when im on a pc for taking your time to write that though. Phone Post

Thanks Man.
2/18/13 8:34 AM
Pessimist_Pete

andyman011 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
inf0 - 

"The UFC will never...

bleh bleh bleh

lol no Phone Post
2/18/13 9:37 AM
CherryHugger

If Dana says its never gonna happen its probably happening.
2/18/13 9:59 AM
RaginCajun54
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see Bellator going public either. I think everyone learned a lesson from the old IFL. They went public and I think their stock shot up to $20 a share out the gate but it fizzled quickly and so did the organization.
2/18/13 10:04 AM
dfw jr
1721 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None of us wanted to do TUF. It was the only way we figured we could get live fights on TV so we gave it a shot. If TUF didn't work MMA was fucked. Season 1 kicked ass and ended with a LIVE finale. The only thing me and the Fertittas argued over was the coaches. They wanted Tito as a coach for season 1 and I did not. When Lorenzo and I write a book someday of the REAL story of how the UFC really all happened u will be blown away by some of the stories. Craziest shit!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.