UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tom Watson: There is a TRT epidemic in MMA

2/18/13 9:47 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC president Dana White has come to believe that the system to grant Therapeutic Use Exemptions for athletes with natually low levels of testosterone to undergo Testosterone Replacement Therapy is being abused. White believes fighters are ramping up their testosterone levels during training, and then scaling it back to acceptable levels right before a fight when they are tested. He plans to combat that by testing fighters who have been granted a TUE throughout their training.

Among the many fighters who will applaud the stance is Tom "Kong" Watson, who pointedly brought the issue up in the Octagon, immediately following his knockout win over Stanislav Nedkov at UFC on FUEL TV 7 Saturday night.

"You see the size of the man," said Watson, referring to his opponent. "There is an epidemic in MMA right now - TRT. I want to call out anybody who is on testosterone, any drugs. Get in here and fight me next. All I've got is heart, this is all I've got."

Watson continued at the post-fight press conference.

"People can disagree with me all they want," said Watson. "I'm in the industry. I fight, and I see it. I don't know if it's me, but I look at guys and you can see which guys are on it. It's a problem that we're trying to deal with. That's why I said if you want to do it, you can't put it into your chin, and you certainly can't put it into your heart.

"That's the type of fighter I am – I've got a big heart. If you want to take drugs and you want to be a cheat, let me fight you and let's see what happens."

White was equally unequivocai, and he has the power not just to make an example of a single fighter, but to change the entire industry.

"What I believe guys are doing is jacking this stuff up through the roof through their entire training camp and getting back down to normal levels right before the fight, which is cheating," said White. "I hate it. I don't like it, and I'm going to fight it."

The sport in now on notice.

2/18/13 10:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me be equally unequivocai as well. TRT is a fancy term for cheating. Phone Post
2/18/13 10:13 AM
Mako_
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters are using more than just TRT between fights, Dana must be able to tell this.

What did they think would happen with no random testing and fighters knowing exactly when they will be tested.
2/18/13 10:13 AM
Mako_
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/13 10:13 AM
double.
2/18/13 11:30 AM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad natural fighters are calling out these roiding cheats and making it known.

War Kong!
2/18/13 11:39 AM
ortman166

3rdLion - I'm glad natural fighters are calling out these roiding cheats and making it known.

War Kong!
This Phone Post
2/18/13 11:40 AM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure Tom Watson is squeeky clean
2/18/13 11:41 AM
BuddyRevell
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice. Good for Watson.

2/18/13 11:41 AM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watson vs marquardt? Phone Post
2/18/13 11:42 AM
Bromovich
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 -
3rdLion - I'm glad natural fighters are calling out these roiding cheats and making it known.

War Kong!
This Phone Post
Those. Phone Post
2/18/13 11:45 AM
Sherlock bonesalot
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bromovich -
ortman166 -

War Kong!
This Phone Post
Those. Phone Post
These Phone Post
2/18/13 11:48 AM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom's the man. He is fast becoming my favourite fighter. Phone Post
2/18/13 11:51 AM
chingluksuwa
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherlock bonesalot - 
Bromovich -
ortman166 -

War Kong!
This Phone Post
Those. Phone Post
These Phone Post

Them
2/18/13 11:54 AM
InspiritMick

chingluksuwa - 
Sherlock bonesalot - 
Bromovich -
ortman166 -

War Kong!
This Phone Post
Those. Phone Post
These Phone Post

Them

That

2/18/13 11:56 AM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya good for Tom! Tom has normal testosterone levels and would enjoy having an unfair advantage over aging mma superstars with low testosterone and make a big name for himself!!! Yay, good for Tom!
2/18/13 11:56 AM
Seats Taken
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a TRT thread epidemic in the UG. Phone Post
2/18/13 12:00 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - Ya good for Tom! Tom has normal testosterone levels and would enjoy having an unfair advantage over aging mma superstars with low testosterone and make a big name for himself!!! Yay, good for Tom!
That's two attempts at a troll on one thread lol. Phone Post
2/18/13 12:01 PM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InspiritMick - 
chingluksuwa - 
Sherlock bonesalot - 
Bromovich -
ortman166 -

War Kong!
This Phone Post
Those. Phone Post
These Phone Post

Them

That

I likes soup!

Did I do it right?
2/18/13 12:02 PM
Bromovich
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
cheesesteak - Ya good for Tom! Tom has normal testosterone levels and would enjoy having an unfair advantage over aging mma superstars with low testosterone and make a big name for himself!!! Yay, good for Tom!
lol'd Phone Post
2/18/13 12:08 PM
chawkins
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If guys are jacking their levels up to supraphysiological levels during training camp...that's not TRT! That's just juicing.

Legit TRT is a non-issue.

The real issue is guys juicing (which is already illegal) and *calling* it TRT as a smokescreen.
2/18/13 1:08 PM
Winston Wolf
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he just gained me as a fan
2/18/13 1:11 PM
disbeliever
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
cheesesteak - Ya good for Tom! Tom has normal testosterone levels and would enjoy having an unfair advantage over aging mma superstars with low testosterone and make a big name for himself!!! Yay, good for Tom!

Serious?
2/18/13 1:20 PM
Lazer MMA

disbeliever - 
cheesesteak - Ya good for Tom! Tom has normal testosterone levels and would enjoy having an unfair advantage over aging mma superstars with low testosterone and make a big name for himself!!! Yay, good for Tom!

Serious?

I'd say yes given my next post sir.
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bromovich -
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
lol'd Phone Post
Haha, if at first you don't succeed... Phone Post
Lazer MMA

TheFapMaster - 
chawkins - If guys are jacking their levels up to supraphysiological levels during training camp...that's not TRT! That's just juicing.

Legit TRT is a non-issue.

The real issue is guys juicing (which is already illegal) and *calling* it TRT as a smokescreen.

Exactly, and thank you.

This

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.