UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Bellator doesn't even exist anymore

2/18/13 1:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the UFC on FUEL 7 post-fight press conference, UFC president Dana White was asked several questions about rival promotion Bellator MMA, headed by CEO Bjorn Rebney.

White repeatedly referred to Rebney as "Bjork," maybe accidentally, maybe not.

"Understand guys, you're not dealing with Bellator," White stated. "Bellator doesn't even exist anymore. Do you think f@$%ing Bjork is running f@$%ing Bellator? Do you think Bjork is running Bellator? Do you really think that? There's no way in hell.

"Viacom is running that company. They're a multi-billion dollar f@S%ing business.

"One of the most powerful media companies on Earth. What's the number they sit on? 5.5 billion in cash? 5.5 billion in cash. Break some off for f@$%ing Eddie Alvarez and pay him what he deserves."

White took particular exception to remarks by Viacom President and CEO Philippe Dauman, who said that “in airing U.F.C. fights and reality shows, Spike really built UFC from almost nothing.”

"They're doing f@$%ing 700,000 viewers and the numbers are dropping like f@$%ing flies," said White. "They better start leveraging something quick. But they built the UFC. You know that, right? Dauman said he built the UFC. Philippe Dauman is the pompous, arrogant guy who runs Viacom, who claims he built the UFC. Well whatever you did building the UFC, brother, you better f@$%ing start doing it again because things aren't looking good over there."

What do you think UG? Who is running Bellator, particularly given that the NY Times said "Mr. Dauman, ranked as the nation’s highest-paid C.E.O. in 2011 and known for his custom-tailored clothes and Hermès cuff links, has not yet attended a fight."

2/18/13 1:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's strange, I have been watching great fights every Thursday night on spike, there will be some more this week, I never knew they didn't exist, RIP Bellator
2/18/13 1:06 PM
Archangel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well all this means is that dana is in negotiations to buy. he does want the best price that he can negotiate.
2/18/13 1:07 PM
Chris27

He's right, Bellator how it was isnt running the show and calling the shots anymore, Viacom/Spike call the shots.
2/18/13 1:07 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/18/13 1:09 PM
Chhem
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bc he keeps saying the same shit over and over doesn't mean it's true. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:10 PM
OzMafioso
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's still real to me dammit!!! Phone Post
2/18/13 1:12 PM
da Vinci 81
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Odd that Dana would say that considering he's not the majority owner in the UFC which is owned by billionaires as well. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:12 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - That's strange, I have been watching great fights every Thursday night on spike, there will be some more this week, I never knew they didn't exist, RIP Bellator
Context, bro
When he says Bellator, I take it he means Bjorn and his staff no longer have the type of control and influence that they once did Phone Post
2/18/13 1:13 PM
caseharts
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 -
Chhem - Just bc he keeps saying the same shit over and over doesn't mean it's true. Phone Post
He is right about viacoms money lol. Phone Post
Ya that's all true. There's no denying it. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:15 PM
rMar89
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjorn + Dork= Bjork?
2/18/13 1:17 PM
lildragonof
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intradasting. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:17 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - 
liquidrob - That's strange, I have been watching great fights every Thursday night on spike, there will be some more this week, I never knew they didn't exist, RIP Bellator
Context, bro
When he says Bellator, I take it he means Bjorn and his staff no longer have the type of control and influence that they once did Phone Post

But who really cares? They are putting on great free shows every week, enjoy the fights, I dont really see the story here or the outrage from Dana over this

Funny though, Dana posted in one thread, "If TUF doesnt become a hit than MMA is dead", so how is that the viacom dude said wrong now?
2/18/13 1:19 PM
JimmersonzGlove
540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the cards so far on Spike have been really entertaining and solid.
2/18/13 1:19 PM
TheMessiah

Seems right.. But the name Bellator does exist on Spike every Thursday..

Ed Alvarez does need to get paid what he is worth. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:21 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob -
GriffinQ - 
Context, bro

But who really cares? They are putting on great free shows every week, enjoy the fights, I dont really see the story here or the outrage from Dana over this

Funny though, Dana posted in one thread, "If TUF doesnt become a hit than MMA is dead", so how is that the viacom dude said wrong now?
Don't really understand that second paragraph, probably reading it wrong

I agree about Bellator though, there is no real story and they put on good fights. But he also might have a point about Bjorn not having any influence anymore, which makes him the same thing that people always mocked Dana for being... A figurehead with no real power behind the scenes Phone Post
2/18/13 1:23 PM
Chris27

Rambo John J - 
liquidrob - 
GriffinQ - 
Context, bro

Dana's Butt Hurts

Bellator just got real.

People are watching it, for free. 

You do know Bellator is targeting or allegedly targeting PPV?
2/18/13 1:24 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Don't mess with my Bellator Thursdays!
2/18/13 1:24 PM
kinson

I cant decide what ti think. Its entertaining to watch nonetheless. Phone Post
2/18/13 1:27 PM
liquidrob

Not really relevant right now, targeting a future ppv doesnt affect the free shows we have been getting week after week for the last couple of years
2/18/13 1:28 PM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OzMafioso - It's still real to me dammit!!! Phone Post
Lol Phone Post
2/18/13 1:29 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

2/18/13 1:30 PM
liquidrob

Its nice of Dana to give Bellator some free PR though, the mma media tends to sabotage Bellator or any other promotions that try and get bigger anyway, so its good to see there name getting out there through Dana
2/18/13 1:32 PM
Nub

Rip in peace bellator Phone Post
2/18/13 1:34 PM
liquidrob

Bellator Never Die?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.