UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What 'something' did Josh Barnett want?

2/19/13 1:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
catchascatchcant
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting, I really thought it was about image rights but guess not.
2/19/13 1:54 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KimboByGhettoplex - 
Roy Batty - The Fox fight? They might not want to give that kind of exposure to a guy who ain't no company man.

They put Nate Diaz & Rampage on Fox. Chael cut a pro-wrestling promo. That can't be the issue.

when hasnt nate been a company man?

2/19/13 2:05 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

he's worth the pts imo, not like he can't be cut were he to drop 2, sign him up imo.

he's a legit top 10 HW, for the past 10 YEARS.

2/19/13 2:12 PM
Paradiso

I am guessing Barnett didn't agree to some form of drug testing by the UFC.

2/19/13 2:28 PM
shb
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shb - i think there might have been some miscommunication regarding the compensation not being the issue. wouldn't be surprised if barnett wanted a cut of the ppv in order to make up for the lost pro wrestling money and zuffa said no

after looking into it... yeah, that's what it is.

Barnett’s manager Leland LeBarre stated, “We agreed on guaranteed compensation. In fact, we never even countered. We accepted their original offer.”

"guaranteed"

http://www.bjpenn.com/josh-barnett-wanted-eddie-alvarez-type-deal-with-ufc-ufc-news/
2/19/13 2:48 PM
quality

How often does he wrestle? Does he really wrestle that often where that would be an issue?

My guess it's about money in on way, shape or form.
2/19/13 3:08 PM
Woodford Mike
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the obvious choice here is the POV cut, considering it is potentially the biggest piece of his potential compensation. If I'm him, that's far and away the most enticing carrot they can dangle in front of me. Phone Post
2/19/13 3:11 PM
Woodford Mike
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ EDIT: meant to say "PPV" cut, not POV.

I love Barnett but him and POV don't belong in the same sentence together lol Phone Post
2/19/13 3:13 PM
Woodford Mike

^^^ EDIT: meant to say "PPV" cut, not POV.

I love Barnett but him and POV don't belong in the same sentence together lol Phone Post
2/19/13 3:28 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they shouldnt overspend on Alvarez or Barnett. Both great dudes but i dont see them making a dent in their respective weight classes.
2/19/13 3:28 PM
Humboldt
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care what it is, I just wish they would give it to him. Really want to see Josh back in the big show vs the UFC heavies. Phone Post
2/19/13 6:20 PM
lifeaftrprison
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Fcuking Love The USA -
lifeaftrprison - I'm thinking the TV broadcast gig could do it. Or PPV % those are the only two I can imagine causing a possible issue. Either way , damn I was looking forward to some matchups.

Where can he go ? HW is thin elsewhere Phone Post
This was my precise thoughts. I could definitely see Josh wanting to get into the commentating gig. He is still a great talent but he isn't getting any younger. I could see this being a sticking point as there can only be so many opportunities that Dana can hand out.

Plus he is a big name and former UFC champ so he may feel he is due a cut of any PPV that he is on.

It will be interesting to see which stipulation it was. My gut feeling is that it was the commentating gig. Phone Post
Same here. I can't see it being anything outside of those two Phone Post
2/19/13 6:29 PM
cheesesteak
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just found out the Josh Barnett was pissed that Dana didn't offer him a 68 Baracuda.
2/19/13 6:37 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Brian Littlefield -

PPV

This.

Lol at thinking its not about money. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.