UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit Speaks on Hendricks-Replacement for Rory

2/19/13 11:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pennyjomma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC 158: Johny Hendricks will face Carlos Condit as an injury replacement for Rory MacDonald

February 19, 2013 Penny Buffington - PennyJoMMA

It was announced earlier today that Johny Hendricks will face Carlos Condit as an injury replacement for Rory MacDonald at UFC 158 in Montreal on March 16. Below are official statements from Carlos Condit and his manager, Malki Kawa, regarding the change.

“While I was disappointed to hear that Rory MacDonald is injured, I am glad that the UFC was able to find a strong replacement for the fight in Johny Hendricks. He is one of the toughest Welterweights in the world, and has quickly risen up the ladder in our division. We are similar in that we like to stay active and aggressive in our fights, so this should be a great fight for the fans to watch.”
—Carlos Condit

“I have been training for Rory MacDonald, but there is plenty of time left to switch my focus to Hendricks. With eight weeks left, I will need every moment to be fully prepared for this battle. He’s called me out in the past, and now is his chance to try to back that talk up. I’ll be ready for him.”
—Carlos Condit

“Fighting Johny Hendricks is the perfect opportunity for Carlos to earn another shot at the UFC Welterweight title. Hendricks is the perfect replacement for Rory, keeping a number one contender bout intact. It’s going to be an exciting fight.”
—Malki Kawa, Condit’s Manager

http://pennyjomma.net/2013/02/19/ufc-158-johny-hendricks-will-face-carlos-condit-as-an-injury-replacement-for-rory-macdonald/
2/19/13 11:04 AM
unfilter
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

condit, man.

say what you will but the dude is game as fuck.

2/19/13 11:06 AM
ortman166

To be completely honest this "We are similar in that we like to stay active and aggressive in our fights, so this should be a great fight for the fans to watch.”
Makes me nervous. "Dog fight" Phone Post
2/19/13 11:08 AM
Tilla

Hendricks via KO.
2/19/13 11:15 AM
da Vinci 81
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"With eight weeks left, I will need every moment to be fully prepared for this battle."

Might want to check a calendar there Carlos.... Phone Post
2/19/13 11:17 AM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/13 11:17 AM
“I have been training for Rory MacDonald, but there is plenty of time left to switch my focus to Hendricks. With eight weeks left, I will need every moment to be fully prepared for this battle. He’s called me out in the past, and now is his chance to try to back that talk up. I’ll be ready for him.”
—Carlos Condit

Someone please let Condit know that next month's PPV is less than 4 weeks away. ;-)

2/19/13 11:18 AM
DanielCaton

I love Condit, he brings it every fight.  He's game as shit, will fight anyone.  I don't remember anyone barking up Diaz when he came over, Condit took the fight.  I'll never forget him getting his ass kicked by Rory and coming out in the Third to finish the fight. 

The guy is a fucking animal.

2/19/13 11:23 AM
jdindiana
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty excited for this fight Phone Post
2/19/13 11:29 AM
caposa
1844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanielCaton - 

I love Condit, he brings it every fight.  He's game as shit, will fight anyone.  I don't remember anyone barking up Diaz when he came over, Condit took the fight.  I'll never forget him getting his ass kicked by Rory and coming out in the Third to finish the fight. 

The guy is a fucking animal.

I agree with all of this besides the getting his ass kicked by Rory part. Those first two rounds were actually pretty close despite MacDonalds takedowns.

Cannot wait for this fight.

2/19/13 11:31 AM
aka_rtotheoh

Condit doesnt get KO'd. he'll get rocked but wont get finished. I see blood. lots of blood. Phone Post
2/19/13 11:31 AM
Eisenberg
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Condit`s chances in this fight. Much better fight for him than Rory. I expect Condit to outclass Hendricks.
2/19/13 12:01 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be a war that takes place everywhere. I'm taking Condit by tko on the third round. Ground and pound. Phone Post
2/19/13 12:08 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote - This will look a lot like Condit/Ellenberger Phone Post
I was thinking this, too. Phone Post
2/19/13 12:09 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I like to stay active."

"I'll sit it out and wait for GSP." Phone Post
2/19/13 12:15 PM
New Leaf 1.0

UGCTT_SidRival -  "I like to stay active."

"I'll sit it out and wait for GSP." Phone Post

Yay - false equivalency!
2/19/13 12:42 PM
BlueNamer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

really pulling for carlos, i think he finds a way to win this one.
2/19/13 1:17 PM
clattymine
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a GREAT replacement.  I'm more stoked for this fight.

2/19/13 1:19 PM
TARRat
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got Condit by submission. I'm guessing rear-naked choke in the 2nd.
2/19/13 1:24 PM
Masakyst
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes me nervous. "Dog fight"

No reason to be nervous, friend. Condit set a UFC record in that dog fight for the most significant strikes ever landed in a fight. Gotta give Diaz credit for having that iron chin.
2/19/13 1:51 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he can keep it standing condit can win this.
2/19/13 2:11 PM
MartialArtsMixed
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks punches harder than ellenberger Phone Post
2/19/13 2:12 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The left-handedness of Hendricks will probably allow him to tag Carlos early, but Condit will survive and find his range and steal victory.
2/19/13 2:22 PM
Tilla

I really hope Hendricks KO's Carlos, because then when GSP beats Diaz, GSP will HAVE to fight Hendricks.

GSP is THE BEST at beating grapplers who have no power, but a world class wrestler with legit one shot and you're out KO power? He hasn't faced one of those yet ;-)

If Johnny wins this fight and trains his wrestling to the best that he can, GSP is getting beat.
2/19/13 2:24 PM
MrNiceguy66

Interesting to see if Hendricks can KO Condit. I know he's fully capable, but will he land the punch? Condit's a very elusive dude with a wide arsenal of strikes. Great match up! Phone Post
2/19/13 2:32 PM
JShad

Tilla - I really hope Hendricks KO's Carlos, because then when GSP beats Diaz, GSP will HAVE to fight Hendricks.

GSP is THE BEST at beating grapplers who have no power, but a world class wrestler with legit one shot and you're out KO power? He hasn't faced one of those yet ;-)

If Johnny wins this fight and trains his wrestling to the best that he can, GSP is getting beat.

Who are these grapplers with no KO power? Shields and Fitch? I know you aren't talking about his current win streak of Condit (13 KOs) , Kos (who has 5 KOs and is known for a powerful right hand), Dan Hardy (12 KOs), Alves (11 KOs), BJ (7 KOs)... etc...

So I don't see the point you're trying to make with the grapplers with no power.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.