UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Invicta implements random drug testing

2/19/13 3:30 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

For the first time in its short history, Invicta FC will utilize random drug testing for its upcoming fifth event on April 5. Invicta FC President Shannon Knapp confirmed the news with MMAjunkie.com on Sunday evening. Fighters who will be competing in April were informed of the new policy in late January. An independent agency in conjunction with the Missouri Office of Athletics will handle the testing.

Knapp states that the testing will be done in order to ensure that all Invicta FC athletes are competing on a level playing field. She believes that PED use is a significant problem in MMA and one that affects female fighters as well as men. Invicta FC 5 competitors will be tested at random on the evening before the event. Fighters will not be informed in advance as to whether they will or will not be subject to the testing.

The new anti-PED policy will extend to all future Invicta FC events. The promotion is currently fielding offers from a number of independent testing agencies and hopes to confirm its new testing partner later this week.

While news of the testing comes mere days after the promotion announced the signing of Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, who tested positive for a steroid in 2011, the plans to institute the new drug tests were first put into place weeks before Santos was brought into the organization.

Read entire article...

2/19/13 3:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely a good thing regardless of the timing. Phone Post
2/19/13 3:33 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeMimic -  Definitely a good thing regardless of the timing. Phone Post

A collective "oh shit" is released by fighter and manager.
2/19/13 3:35 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this to do with cyborg? Phone Post
2/19/13 3:37 PM
JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 -

Hopefully this isn't the case! I really like the card they have scheduled. Phone Post
2/19/13 3:44 PM
Hikikomori

Good stuff. It's crazy that some fans are against stuff like this. I wonder if vada is involved? Phone Post
2/19/13 3:46 PM
Kings21
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeMimic - 
Kings21 -

Hopefully this isn't the case! I really like the card they have scheduled. Phone Post

I'll specify a bit. A collective "oh shit" is released by a certain muscular fighter and her big headed/cracked skull manager.
2/19/13 3:47 PM
Kirik
1400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat -  Is this to do with cyborg? Phone Post

Plan was in the works before she signed.

2/19/13 3:53 PM
Pernod
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat - Is this to do with cyborg? Phone Post
She probably has a TRT exemption. Phone Post
2/19/13 3:56 PM
Triple_B
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's supposed to be a random test but they tell you exactly when it will be. I doubt anyone will be caught.
2/19/13 3:57 PM
Kings21

Pernod - 

I suspect her nuts are working just fine. For now.
2/19/13 3:58 PM
Jack_Bauer
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit....well I guess Josh Barnett's not going to Invicta either.....

2/19/13 4:05 PM
ranier wolfcastle
673 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe after the sex change he will?

2/19/13 5:23 PM
stonepony

Guess Cyborg might as well take that UFC contract now. If Invicta isn't going to be a place to hide from testing.
2/19/13 5:36 PM
Eggbert
472 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ this being random Phone Post
2/19/13 5:53 PM
cheesesteak
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg will get popped again unless she figures out how to properly cycle instead of being on the sauce 24/7
2/19/13 5:54 PM
stonepony

It's another good sign that Invicta is trying to maintain a good relationship with the UFC. Which is smart. Something SF could have been doing (and SF would be thriving right now). DW was willing to loan out Cyborg... Invicta wins either way, because they're being smart. But I suspect that DW dropped these suggestions about serious testing.
2/19/13 5:56 PM
Kerouac

Pernod - 

What you did there...
2/19/13 5:57 PM
Topsyjt
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

INVICTA is doing Things that other MMA organisations have buried their heads too or taken too long to start doing. Good effort Ms Knapp. Great move for them. Even bigger fan now. Phone Post
2/19/13 6:02 PM
Bearded Collie Herds Orca

Anyone notice that this "random testing" is only the right before the fight? The randomness is in WHO gets tested, not WHEN everyone gets tested. In other words, cycle away, Cyborg!
2/19/13 6:23 PM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant wait for another Tito press conference
2/19/13 6:56 PM
rrg1

Listen to Rogan's Podcast with Victor Conte and tell me this means anything at all lol.
2/19/13 6:59 PM
RowdyBec
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing to do with Cyborg guys :) I was made aware of this weeks ago!! Hope they pick me :) Phone Post
2/19/13 7:13 PM
Topsyjt
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrg1 - Listen to Rogan's Podcast with Victor Conte and tell me this means anything at all lol.
Which one is this interview on pse? Phone Post
2/19/13 7:14 PM
soremano

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.