UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> PPV idea

2/19/13 6:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cycklops
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You hold an event made up of fighters of one weight class, as an example 170. You tell everyone they will be fighting on X date and be ready. Only in this event you don't know your opponent until weigh ins.

So once Condit weighs in he doesn't know if he's fighting Hendricks, Ellenberger, Maia, Diaz, Rory, Koscheck etc.and vice versa

It would take away someone knowing they are fighting a wrestler and working on td defense incessantly and making a boring fight. etc.

Never gonna happen but would that make it any more exciting for you? Would that do anything to prevent certain fighters from blanketing the entire fight? Prolly not. Once a blanket always a blanket.

Just seems like a truer way to fight

2/19/13 6:54 PM
fasthandssam
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/13 6:54 PM
Actually that could be pretty exciting- especially if it was marketed the right way.
2/19/13 6:57 PM
Letibleu
1714 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/13 6:57 PM

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2102679

Happy reading.

2/19/13 7:00 PM
cycklops
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think so too. You don't know if you're getting a wrestler, a striker, a straight jj guy etc. I'd love to see it. I think it'd bring forth a lot of excitement, especially with a stacked card.

2/19/13 7:02 PM
cycklops

Letibleu - 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2102679

Happy reading.

holy macaroni. MMALOGIC put a lot of thought into that one. I just thought of this a few minutes ago. MIne was just a simple idea hoping to stir up some conversation. MMALOGIC's is slightly more thought out. lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.