UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marco Galvao interview with Tatame

2/19/13 7:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Skip2MyLou
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.tatame.com.br/abalado-por-nocaute-loro-diz-amizade-nunca-mais-sera-mais-a-mesma/
(translated with google chrome)

Shaken by knockout, Loro says: 'Friendship will never be the same'

Friends and teammates, Marcos "Loro" Galvão and Dudu Dantas did something unprecedented in the world of fighting. They put professionalism first and faced off at Bellator 89, the last day 14. However, the wounds are still open, especially for Loro, who was knocked out by champion bantamweight.

Firsthand the tatami, the athlete of Manaus, who lives in the United States, spoke of "the worst thing in the world," he classifies as the fact of having seen a member of the same team, the New Union still digesting the negative , Loro said that friendship was compromised after the match. "It will never be the same. How I can be friends with a guy who is my opponent who knocked me out? I'm not American, I'm Brazilian. I'm feeling. "

Check out the full interview below:

How was facing a friend and teammate, who trained for many years?

It was the worst thing in the world. My body was 100%, but the head does not. I saw the kid in the gym, I taught him, I gave my blood for the Nova União My head was 30% of what it should be. I fought as needed. Do not shoot the merits of Dudu, who won the fight. It was very bad. I did not want to show it, but I was upset. There were many people in the gym training Dudu for me to win. I'm creating the New Union, this is hard.

How much it hurt at the time of the fight?

I could not concentrate on the fight. In the first round, fought very well, but the second I fell a lot, do not know what happened. There was something holding me back. The pressure was all on me because they spoke in Latin, which was the struggle against the student's teacher. I am 30 years old, he 23. Here in the United States, the fight was very controversial because there never was two guys from the same academy is facing.

You had already suffered defeats in other career. This time, what was different?

In none of my losses was as bad now. I stopped to think that one day everybody loses, is knocked out. Ball forward. It will be another opponent for me to chase. I am enlightened by God, I'll come back stronger and runs behind my goals.

There was discussion between you and Dudu after combat?

He asked to talk to me, but I did not have the head for it. I did not want to act hothead. After that, we do not talk anymore.

The friendship was compromised?

It was. Never be the same. How I can be friends with a guy who is my opponent who knocked me out? I'm not American, I'm Brazilian. I'm feeling. This situation was to be avoided. In the UFC, Anderson Silva does not face anyone of Team Nogueira. This is beautiful. Nowadays, people are aiming much money, and not sentiment.

You saw that Dudu was moved after the fight?

I saw that he was thrilled. I knew that would not have climate after the fight. How to befriend a rival? Of course I'll treat you well, with education, but if the contrary, I think he would feel that way too. It is a delicate thing.

Will continue in this category?

Surely, this is my category. It was just a defeat and learned a lot from her. Surely we'll often find yet, because I'll train hard and clean. It will be a rival to me. He trained with guys who were my companions, who told my game, strengths and weaknesses. Here in America, I have no corner or coach. It is in the race and in the heart. The guy was fighting in automatic on top of my game, so it would not kick that he used more boxing.

You have Jose Aldo as a brother. What did he say to you after the fight?

He called me saying that he disagreed with this (fight between friends). Is very upset because I knew I would not have climate then. This is not good for the gym or for sports. He talks to me a lot, we talk every day. It was good to have called him because we are brothers, we are always together. He is very upset, talked until vai say what you feel at the meeting with the staff of the academy.

is that just not heartbreaking?
2/19/13 7:27 PM
Skip2MyLou
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/13 7:30 PM

sorry double post.
2/19/13 7:35 PM
caposa
1839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he is against teammates fighting, why did he enter a tournament that culminates with him fighting a teammate?

2/19/13 7:43 PM
Grantman
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand the where Galvao is coming from however it would seem that such a belief would be counter intuitive towards a fight team. Wouldn't a team want the best and youngest fighting to the top?

If the older guys is better and wins fairly, I understand, but having an environment where the younger students are made to feel bad for going out and attempting to be the best if an older member has "dibs" on something is def. a problem. Now if Dudu leaves the team because he beat an older member, then you are down a good young talent.

Tough spot to say the least.
2/19/13 7:56 PM
Skip2MyLou

caposa -

If he is against teammates fighting, why did he enter a tournament that culminates with him fighting a teammate?

This is questionable as well. He could have moved up to 145 after Dantas captured the belt. Phone Post
2/19/13 8:05 PM
AlphaSlap
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loro is one of the most quiet, humble and nice people I have ever met.

You could see he was off

Imagine standing in the corner and seeing the guys you trained with, you taught, your teacher all on the opposite side. These guys were his family, growing up he llived at that gym and with NU guys that took him in.
Granted, he has Shaolin, but that is nowhere near the experience of Dede. Plus, Dudu had a whole gym full of people who knew Loros game.

If he won, he would be just as upset.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.