UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zahabi: MacDonald trains too hard

2/19/13 11:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Firas Zahabi had the same discussions with UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre as he's having now with the titleholder's teammate, Rory MacDonald.

"He trains too hard," Zahabi told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I tell him all the time."

"Rory is very upset that he will not be able to face Carlos, but he's looking forward to getting back to training as soon as possible," wrote MacDonald's manager, Lex McMahon, in a prepared statement.

Zahabi, though, said it's far too early to tell when MacDonald will be back in the cage.

"Now, I just want him to focus on rehabbing his injury, coming back slow and building up the pace," he said. "This is part of fighting. People get injured, but we have to try to keep it at an absolute minimum. It's a big challenge."

read entire article...

2/19/13 11:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
scrapdo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

roryfan87 -  Did anyone hear exactly what the injury was and how it happened? Phone Post

a"severe neck strain". WTF?!?!?!?!

He'll be out "2-3 weeks"  I'm sorry but this is a really odd "injury".

2/19/13 11:48 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scrapdo -
roryfan87 -  Did anyone hear exactly what the injury was and how it happened? Phone Post

What's your point? Phone Post
2/19/13 11:49 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scrapdo -

How is it an odd injury? I

You're trying g to imply that Rory is trying yo duck nbk, when he got the fight he asked for and on the card he asked for it to be on...

Stop this bullshit Phone Post
2/19/13 11:51 PM
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -
scrapdo -

You're trying g to imply that Rory is trying yo duck nbk, when he got the fight he asked for and on the card he asked for it to be on...

Agreed.

I think his point is that Rory was juicing (?) even though he underwent voluntary random drug testing in his last fight and put on the best performance of his career. Phone Post
2/19/13 11:51 PM
Willin
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

roryfan87 - Did anyone hear exactly what the injury was and how it happened? Phone Post
He slipped on something when he was coming out the closet at the gym, blowing his back out according to sC. Phone Post
2/19/13 11:55 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever -
scrapdo -

Agreed.

I think his point is that Rory was juicing (?) even though he underwent voluntary random drug testing in his last fight and put on the best performance of his career. Phone Post
Exactly Phone Post
2/20/13 12:21 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scrapdo - 

-says the little internet dork.
2/20/13 12:40 AM
ChaosOverkill
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol the hate for Rory is funny

funny and pathetic for a guy who beats the shit out of people as badly as he does,

2/20/13 12:41 AM

ChaosOverkill -

funny and pathetic for a guy who beats the shit out of people as badly as he does,

Yup Phone Post
2/20/13 3:55 AM
tonytr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

The UG is reacting to Rory the same way they reacted and still react to Jones. They don't like young guns coming in and beating the shit out of their cherished veterans.

Better get used to it, internet dorks. It's the way of the world.

2/20/13 4:02 AM
ChaosOverkill
743 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ 

Yeah but Rory didn't come in like Jones and claim he was going to change lives and faith this faith that and proclaiming shit then hit a pole with his hootchies drunk.

Rory has just shown that he has an odd personality, that he fights for himself because he loves it, and beats the shit out of people.

If Beating BJ fair and square with extra testing is really all he reason he gets hate then people are beyond salvation.

2/20/13 6:54 AM
Mexican Janitor
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He brought the trash talk and fight to BJ, and followed up by calling out Condit the second his fight was over. Rory Mac is the man Phone Post
2/20/13 7:38 AM
Crw
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scrapdo -

Neck injuries/strains are no joke. Phone Post
2/20/13 7:38 AM
Y2JB

Rory is the future of WW, that said I think both Condit & GSP have the edge on him...for now.
2/20/13 10:22 AM
Chuckles
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Rory has a speedy recovery.
If he stays healthy there is no limit for that kid! Phone Post
2/20/13 10:42 AM
Phil999

scrapdo - 

How is it odd?
2/20/13 10:48 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

anyone else think a camp change might soon follow?

2/20/13 11:00 AM
Sprawl'n'Stall
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would he change camp for that? I think fighters have thicker skins than many UGers. He just said he trains too hard, like GSP used to.

As for an "odd injury", 2-3 weeks of NOT training at all so close to a fight is a conditioning killer, and of course your skills can't be as sharp either.

So it doesn't matter if he is 100% healthy come fight time if he hasn't been able to train for consecutive weeks just prior to that.
2/20/13 11:07 AM
UGCTT_EnderTL
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - 

To set up a GSP fight? I think Tristar would rather avoid it, but they are going to wait so they can see how the cards fall. If Rory beats Condit it might definitely happen though.. especially if Condit beats Hendricks.

2/20/13 1:23 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
UGCTT_EnderTL - 
Cyril Jeff - 

To set up a GSP fight? I think Tristar would rather avoid it, but they are going to wait so they can see how the cards fall. If Rory beats Condit it might definitely happen though.. especially if Condit beats Hendricks.

just seems like it's brewing, I don't think Rory is thin skinned, but he's made several comments about "doing things his own way", and here Firas is being somewhat critical of him...

I certainly am not claiming any inside info, just looks like it might happen imo.

2/20/13 1:41 PM
Smorgle

Repeated pulling out of fights makes you wonder if the ufc brass would have words with him and other fighters or dock pays for continual card shufflings. Phone Post
2/20/13 3:22 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonytr - 
ChaosOverkill - 

The UG is reacting to Rory the same way they reacted and still react to Jones. They don't like young guns coming in and beating the shit out of their cherished veterans.

Better get used to it, internet dorks. It's the way of the world.

Bingo. And I'm a BJ Penn fan. You still hit the mark.

The more you hate new comers and worship the old guys, the higher cred you get on the UG. If you say Sakuraba could be LW champ in the UFC in 2013, or that Bruce Lee would beat Brock Lesnar, I think you automatically become a mod or something.

There are still guys saying Jon Jones is untested.

On the specific case of Rory though, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy you'd want to have a chat with. I don't hold it against him, but he's not exactly the life of the party! :D
2/20/13 3:38 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff -

Highly doubt it Phone Post
2/20/13 7:15 PM
TheRealMattyS
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its even stopped me from spelling thread titles correctly Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.