UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> At a point where I just can't shake this funk.....

2/20/13 12:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I am mentally and emotionally at a point where I am battling some serious depression. My cancer is still not gone, and I cannot eat regularly to give myself much energy. I hate my job as they micro manage, and really I am miserable enough there that when I get off work I don't even want to go to BJJ. I LOVE BJJ, I have great teammates and coaches who are also very good friends of mine, but I just cannot seem to shake this funk I am in. Anyone been here before, and anyone have any advice on how to come out of this? I would never do anything stupid so that is not a concern. I have been fighting for my life for years so doing something stupid simply isn't an option and am only clarifying that so nobody worries about it. Sorry for the rant. Thanks for reading.

Jason 303 Miller
2/20/13 1:20 AM
Akston
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cannot imagine what you are going through but it sounds like a grind. I would change some things such as hobby, job, social network, even what you are reading. None of this may help but because I don't exactly what your day and happiness entails it's hard to give directed input.

Funks are rough and yours sounds more so than most. For what it's worth, some random guy on an Internet forum is sending you good juju and letting you know that he hopes you can create the happiness you seek.

Well wishes my friend. Phone Post
2/20/13 2:56 AM
JoejitsuMD
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been there many times and I know what it feels like going through a tough funk. Try to stay positive and focus on the things that make you happy. Try to release negative thoughts from the back of your mind. Hang in there brother.

Joe
2/20/13 2:57 AM
The Mat Pimp
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take care of yourself and put your health first, jiujitsu will always be here for you. I send good vibes.
2/20/13 3:08 AM
shen
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/13 4:05 AM
TTT for positive vibes!!!

(Sorry, you'll have to excuse the extreme "hippiness" of that statement. I just had some herb tea.)
2/20/13 4:03 AM
foreverwhitebelt
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't experienced anything like what you're going through, so I don't have any good advice, but I just wanted you to know that your post is being read and I hope you'll get back healthy and stronger than ever.
2/20/13 7:44 AM
mrgoodarmbar
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First..Enjoy the thought that you're perseverance is an inspiration to everyone on this forum.

Maybe you just want to go to the academy and watch a class or two. You get to see your BJJ buddies. Enjoy watching some rolls. Take some pics and videos of your buddies rolling....And bring your gi with you just in case you feel like joining in?
2/20/13 8:14 AM
Natejitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

303, my heart goes out to you. I too am a cancer survivor. My advice is to motivate yourself with what you love about training. No one loves everything about going to train. You may hate drills, or rolling with random guys, etc. but you probably love something, like rolling with certain guys, etc. Just go to roll with those guys, don't do the drills. If your school is like mine, those guys probably feel for you and would like to help. Knowing you aren't going to go through the grind will get you there. Once there you might do more. It's okay to pick and choose.

My two cents...

Best wishes,
2/20/13 8:32 AM
allchokedup
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

303 did you ever get yourself a new gi?
2/20/13 8:46 AM
CoreNobody
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in a funk,but it's just because I suck at BJJ.
I always say to myself when things run off the rail-

Your worst day,
Is someone else's best day.

Pullin for you bro Phone Post
2/20/13 9:07 AM
BandakaKush
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you erver thought about medical mary jane? Serious question. My prayers go out to you.
2/20/13 10:23 AM
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont train,just stop by and visit your friends

2/20/13 2:01 PM
Hippie Ripper
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like your job is affecting your health and happiness. Your depression will mar your ability to fight the cancer and have a quicker recovery. Whatever job you are doing is not worth a trade off for your life first and joy secondly.

You have to eat. Get supplement shakes. That will help you feel better. If you have no appetite look in to medical marijuana as a serious way to help with appetite and mood perhaps.

Look for ways to make yourself happy, get a massage, treat yourself and rediscover some old hobby or activity. Find a support group, make new friends, take some (reasonable) risks to find that spark again. Do a major life shake up!

Quit your fucking job.....or take steps to leave for a better one. Work to live, don't die for work.
2/20/13 2:47 PM
deepu
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12 - 

dont train,just stop by and visit your friends

I agree with this. Best of luck 303.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.