UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can you take someone's back from clinch position?

2/20/13 1:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Uncle Muay Thai
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whilst clinching you opponent, would it be possible to fake a knee and sneak you leg over the shoulder and take the back? Phone Post
2/20/13 1:33 PM
disbeliever
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Would be risky of being thrown/slammed.

IMO better bet would be drag their neck down, or arm drag to take the back
2/20/13 1:36 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm trying to picture what you mean by leg over the shoulder to take their back Phone Post
2/20/13 1:39 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carrtrouble - I'm trying to picture what you mean by leg over the shoulder to take their back Phone Post
T Phone Post
2/20/13 1:45 PM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go watch ranyi yaha vs mark hominik Phone Post
2/20/13 1:53 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustDOit -

so many clinch positions. be specific

Sorry, I should of said Muay Thai clinch so whilst pulling the head and neck forward Phone Post
2/20/13 1:58 PM
disbeliever
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
eagleswhat1 - 
Uncle Muay Thai -  Whilst clinching you opponent, would it be possible to fake a knee and sneak you leg over the shoulder and take the back? Phone Post

sounds like an inverted triangle setup to me

To me as well, but the idea of flipping around on someones shoulders 6 feet off the ground just begs to be slammed on your head.

The old man in me says try to fast jerk his neck down, or arm drag to the back.
2/20/13 2:03 PM
wiggum
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duck-unders, slide-bys, throw-bys, and drags.
2/20/13 2:22 PM
Phuck Phace
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hurricanrana IMO.

Honestly, go for the flying triangle if you've got the leg over the shoulder whilst jumping from a Thai clinch. Phone Post
2/20/13 6:27 PM
BRUCEYI
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - Duck-unders, slide-bys, throw-bys, and drags.
This guy is correct Phone Post
2/20/13 6:46 PM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know how it would be possible the the Plum, then again I know shit about the clinch. Maybe if you had one underhook and kinda snuck your same leg around, you could transition. Or maybe... Fuck, I have no idea. Phone Post
2/20/13 7:22 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its happened numerous times in the UFC already.

Also, taking someone's back is technically still a "clinch." You're just clinching from behind. ;)
2/20/13 8:12 PM
RearNakedToke
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last night I went for a Uchi-Mata got countered and slid around to the guys back if that counts. Phone Post
2/20/13 8:33 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To add to what wiggum said, all of those are similar to taking someone's back from guard as well, esp arm drags. The duck under is imo the easiest and most bread n butter way in wrestling to do this.
2/20/13 8:51 PM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. You BJJ cargo cults should get out more and learn other arts.

Throw by, snapdown, FHL, arm drag, slide by, duckunders, you know....stuff you learn in your FIRST year wrestling. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.