UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen thanks DFW for new TRT stance

2/20/13 2:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On this week’s UFC TONIGHT, Kenny Florian and Chael Sonnen offered candid thoughts on Dana White’s new, tougher stance on TRT in the UFC, an exclusive interview with Ronda Rousey, a preview the stacked UFC 157 Pay-Per-View card, and more.

Excerpts appear below.

Chael Sonnen on UFC president Dana White’s new TRT policy:
“First off, I admire Dana on many levels. But for me, this is his crowning moment, both as a leader, but also with his integrity. You are never going to find a chief executive of any corporation, be it sport, business or otherwise that shines a light on his own organization and says, ‘We have a problem.’ Guys, we’re not talking about testosterone use, we’re talking about testosterone abuse. The testing has already started. I can tell you firsthand, I have already been tested since this announcement.”

Ronda Rousey on if there’s another girl better than her:
“No. I don’t think any girls do anything better than me, and that’s why I’m deservedly the champion.”

Rousey on if preparing for a judo match or MMA fight is mentally tougher:
“Some judo tournaments are not that mentally pressing, but I’d say the Olympics are much harder than a UFC title fight. If you lose a title fight you can come back a few months later. It’s not like if you are training your whole life and in one second you could lose by not paying attention and never have that chance again. That’s real pressure. This is a really huge deal, but it’s not as irreparable as losing the Olympics.”

Rousey on if she’s planning on winning by arm bar in this fight: “I’m interested in winning as quickly and efficiently as possible. If that’s through striking and that’s the first opportunity, then I’m going to go there, but if I see the first opportunity on the ground then I’m going to go there.  It’s not like I walk in planning an arm bar because I want to have a legacy.”

Rousey on Carmouche being the first openly gay fighter in the UFC:

“I think it takes a lot of courage. In MMA, we have a reputation for being homophobic, where I really don’t think that’s so. If you ever come to the weigh-ins and see some of the things the guys wear, and the fans are going nuts. You know they’re not homophobic. The fans love it. It takes a lot of strength to do and she has my utmost respect for that.”

Rousey on if she saw Tito Ortiz and Cyborg’s press conference:
“I didn’t watch the press conference, but I heard that Tito spoke eloquently and Cyborg was very fashionable.”

Florian on Carmouche not being intimidated by Rousey:
“Liz Carmouche is not intimidated by this whole event at all. She is not intimidated by Ronda Rousey. She’s going out there to win.  Really she has nothing to lose. That’s a dangerous girl.”

Florian’s predictions for Rousey vs. Carmouche:
“Rousey.”

Read entire article...

2/20/13 3:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheFatalBlow
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is going to make a great UFC Vice President of Something Or Other in the future! Phone Post
2/20/13 3:10 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/20/13 3:17 PM
epwar
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to take the guy who set the record high for illegal T:E levels serious when he is talking like this.

2/20/13 5:29 PM
MisterMr
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny because Sonnen's testosterone levels were 17 times higher than the average man in the first Silva fight.

He got a rematch and is now facing Jones. So many y's...
2/20/13 5:32 PM
Tankhead
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

Hard to take the guy who set the record high for illegal T:E levels serious when he is talking like this.

I'm sayin'!
2/20/13 5:59 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate -
MisterMr - It's funny because Sonnen's testosterone levels were 17 times higher than the average man in the first Silva fight.

If his test levels were 17 times higher than the average man I think he might be dead.

T:E ratio says nothing about actual test levels.  So, no.

Lol. But it was only 16 Phone Post
2/20/13 5:59 PM
ortman166

epwar -

This Phone Post
2/20/13 8:48 PM
slamming

MisterMr - It's funny because Sonnen's testosterone levels were 17 times higher than the average man in the first Silva fight.

T:E levels do not tell you how much testosterone you have in your body.
2/20/13 10:01 PM
PeterIrl
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was on a LOW day!
2/20/13 10:08 PM
Rear Naked Chode
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey on if she saw Tito Ortiz and Cyborg's press conference: "I didn't watch the press conference, but I heard that Tito spoke eloquently and Cyborg was very fashionable." Lol, low blow.
2/20/13 10:45 PM
Don_Dada
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great role model that Sonnen. Doesn't put a foot wrong. Phone Post
2/20/13 11:46 PM
UGCTT_Edgar_Ate_My_Baby
846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeterIrl - 

That was on a LOW day!

Hehe voted up!

2/21/13 12:08 AM
springfield
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/21/13 12:10 AM
MentaL - 

LOL!

A picture's worth a thousand words.  Still gross though.

2/21/13 10:43 AM
jzus14

slamming - 

T:E levels do not tell you how much testosterone you have in your body.

also, it doesnt tell you if the testosterone present is not from the host body! thats what is needed! not a test to see how much but to see if its yours or not! they need a guy like victor conte, a guy who knows how to CHEAT! its like a tech company hiring a hacker!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.