UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ulysses Gomez didn't even know he was cut!?!

2/20/13 2:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously, WTF Zuffa?  Gotta let Ariel know before the fighters?

Sorry guys no idea on my status with the UFC yet. I haven't talked to my manager, so maybe they told him before the report came out.

2/20/13 2:45 PM
Don_Dada
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wouldn't even surprise me at this point.
2/20/13 2:46 PM
Delorian
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bush. League. Phone Post
2/20/13 3:00 PM
Trollgrude11
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems pointless to cut a flyweight when the division is only what, 15 guys? Phone Post
2/20/13 3:28 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"But...but...but...Ariel had to be told first!" - Dana

2/20/13 3:30 PM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Simmer down.  He said he hasn't talked to his manager yet.  The UFC shouldn't be contacting the athletes directly anyway. 

2/20/13 4:18 PM
CrocopPleaseRetire
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch too? Phone Post
2/20/13 4:27 PM
kano350chevy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You think your manager would try and contact you asap if they just got news like that, sucks to find out you lost your job on twitter Phone Post
2/20/13 4:54 PM
abi
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck twitter...
2/20/13 5:34 PM
epwar

Steve4192 - 

Simmer down.  He said he hasn't talked to his manager yet.  The UFC shouldn't be contacting the athletes directly anyway. 

Why?  They always contact them directly when they're in a pinch and need help with a fight?

2/20/13 6:02 PM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/13 6:04 PM
epwar - 
Steve4192 - 

Why?  They always contact them directly when they're in a pinch and need help with a fight?

I doubt that.

I suspect most of the time when Dana says 'we called fighter X' what he really means is 'we called fighter X's agent'.  It just easier to say they called the fighter.  Agents would be pitching fits left and right if the UFC was contacting their clients directly and offering them fights without going through them.  Joe Silva doesn't call Koscheck, Fitch or Swick directly.  He calls Zinkin Entertainment and says 'I've got a fight for one of your guys'.

2/20/13 6:40 PM
stickman
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
epwar - 
Steve4192 - 

I doubt that.

I suspect most of the time when Dana says 'we called fighter X' what he really means is 'we called fighter X's agent'.  It just easier to say they called the fighter.  Agents would be pitching fits left and right if the UFC was contacting their clients directly and offering them fights without going through them.  Joe Silva doesn't call Koscheck, Fitch or Swick directly.  He calls Zinkin Entertainment and says 'I've got a fight for one of your guys'.

I'm quite certain you are correct, Steve.
2/20/13 6:48 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

Seriously, WTF Zuffa?  Gotta let Ariel know before the fighters?

Sorry guys no idea on my status with the UFC yet. I haven't talked to my manager, so maybe they told him before the report came out.

Although i wouldnt be suprised if UFC went to the media before contacting anyone...

I think its more of a lazy manager issue. If he was notified in any way before the press, I would fire my manager for not being on top of his shit enough for me to have to find out I was cut via the news.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.