UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Did Jon Fitch turn down Joe Silva?

2/20/13 2:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Fcuking Love The USA
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So one minute we have Dana White saying to never refuse to take a fight when Joe Silva offers it. Then the next minute you have a top 10 welterweight getting cut.

Is it just me or does it seem likely that Fitch probably turned down a fight that Joe Silva offered to him? If this is the reason for him being cut is it fair or unfair?

Personally I would be on the side of it being fair, as long as he had no injuries he should take on a fight.

I admit that there is a LOT of supposition in this post but I think it can make for an interesting debate. Phone Post
2/20/13 2:46 PM
Loadin76
1138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Offered him a fight with Koscheck?

2/20/13 2:47 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possible that he turned down Ellenberger Phone Post
2/20/13 2:47 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cutting Fitch is bullshit.....
That's all Phone Post
2/20/13 2:48 PM
hellride
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking this as well, but he is just 20 some days away from the Maia fight. Seems like too fast of a turnaround.
2/20/13 2:48 PM
Warriormmd
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_nightkap - Cutting Fitch is bullshit.....
That's all Phone Post
Wait what the fuck? He was cut!? Phone Post
2/20/13 2:50 PM
UGCTT_I Fcuking Love The USA
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_nightkap -  Cutting Fitch is bullshit.....
That's all Phone Post

I can see how it may seem crazy, but if this what has happened then it would send out a VERY clear message to everyone that no matter how good you are you better be prepared to fight.

Whether this is fair or not is certainly up for debate, will we go back to the old days of fighters fighting with injuries, this time to try and ensure that they aren't cut?
2/20/13 2:51 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kongo turned him down 2x. They've been wanting to get rid of Fitch for a while IMO, and now you've got him at 1-2-1 in his last 4. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.