UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cormier Talks Cain, Mir, JDS, Silva & Overeem

2/20/13 2:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LevickMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None the less, there was no one happier for Velasquez than Cormier, the two share a close bond and you could see how strong their relationship was as soon as the fight with Dos Santos concluded. According to Cormier that is the Cain Velasquez he expected to see the first time he met Dos Santos. Whether it was an injury is an argument for another day, this time around Velasquez showed the world why he is the top heavyweight in mixed martial arts.

“I expected that out of Cain in the first fight,” Cormier told BJPenn.Com Radio. “I didn’t think his injury was as severe as it was and that he’d be able to implement his gameplan. I think we saw what a healthy Cain Velasquez can do to Junior Dos Santos. I’m not sure if they fought 10 times that the fight wouldn’t play out exactly that same way, unless he got caught with something earlier that caused him to lose the fight. The skills don’t match up very well for Junior Dos Santos and I can’t imagine no matter how many times they fight that changing much.”

To read the entire interview click here:

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.