UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida still pondering move to middleweight

2/21/13 12:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1290 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Yeah, if I have a chance, I'd like to fight at 185 pounds," Machida said. "Maybe I can fight in both classes, you know? Everybody saw when I drank water before [stepping on] the scale last time. I showed everyone I can, that I can drop down."

Of course, there's a big obstacle awaiting Machida if he was to drop to middleweight: One of his best friends in the business is his Black House campmate, champion Anderson Silva.

"The champion is my friend," Machida said. "He's Anderson Silva. He will continue his career here. He's number one pound-for-pound in the world."

read entire article...

2/21/13 12:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson vs Lyoto is the only superfight I wanted to see in 2009 that I still want to see today.

2/21/13 12:20 AM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should trade divisions IMO. The big fight for Silva is Jon Jones and it would give Machida a (better) chance at a belt.

2/21/13 12:21 AM
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/21/13 12:21 AM
yabadaba - 

They should trade divisions IMO. The big fight for Silva is Jon Jones and it would give Machida a (better) chance at a belt.

This is one of those things that I'd love to see happen but that I know never will

2/21/13 12:29 AM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba - 

Not bad.
2/21/13 12:32 AM
Shoguns Shorts
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I read "Everybody saw when I drank..." I wasn't expecting water to be the next word... Phone Post
2/21/13 12:32 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'd do it for sure if Anderson wasn't his friend. I hope Machida has a chance to drop before it's too late.

2/21/13 12:33 AM
melancoholic
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody saw when I drank water. lol
2/21/13 12:35 AM
ThinkMMA
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shoguns Shorts - When I read "Everybody saw when I drank..." I wasn't expecting water to be the next word... Phone Post
Haha. Same here. Phone Post
2/21/13 12:38 AM
TEX4N32
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a small lhw so there's a big chance he'll drop down. Wether he fights anderson is another thing we'll just have to wait and see. Phone Post
2/21/13 12:40 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phillyslice99 -  Machida would own the MW div if Anderson wasn't there, he beats all MW's in the UFC Phone Post

I think the same thing about him and 205 with Jones right now as well.

2/21/13 12:45 AM

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
phillyslice99 -  Machida would own the MW div if Anderson wasn't there, he beats all MW's in the UFC Phone Post

Shogun is still his kryptonite.

2/21/13 12:48 AM
dahosse
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yabadaba -

I'm into it Phone Post
2/21/13 12:48 AM
MrNiceguy66
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mapeeda! Phone Post
2/21/13 12:55 AM
orcus

You never know. People always think a guy who is a top contender at one weight will be unbeatable at the lower but it has pretty much never happened. Maybe Maia so far comes closest, since at least he is actually dominating at the lower weight unlike most guys who drop down.

2/21/13 1:00 AM
sincitydc
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida vs Belfort would be awesome Phone Post
2/21/13 1:16 AM
MikeHunt36
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is probably pissed. Phone Post
2/21/13 1:55 AM
theshooter

Oh man, I have my doubts that it will happen, buy Lyoto Machida vs. Anderson Silva is a dream match. I think that Machida is one of the few guys that could beat Anderson.
2/21/13 1:55 AM
theshooter

Oh man, I have my doubts that it will happen, buy Lyoto Machida vs. Anderson Silva is a dream match. I think that Machida is one of the few guys that could beat Anderson.
2/21/13 2:01 AM
Carl Sonnen

I would love to see Machida at 185, but Silva will have to move out of the division, otherwise, Machida will just eliminate too many contenders. Either way, I am a huge Machida fan and enjoy watching him fight.
2/21/13 2:02 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - Oh man, I have my doubts that it will happen, buy Lyoto Machida vs. Anderson Silva is a dream match. I think that Machida is one of the few guys that could beat Anderson.
Let me just clear the jizz from my screen Phone Post
2/21/13 2:07 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Shogun is still his kryptonite.

I think Shogun has taken a considerable step back since that fight, physically and strategically. Doesn't throw near as many kicks, just not near the athlete now. I think Machida is a lot better at this point and would win that rematch. Just my opinion. Hopefully Thaiguy doens't read this.

2/21/13 2:26 AM
orcus

Good call, although Cruz only had one loss at 145. And that loss certainly had nothing to do with size.

2/21/13 10:40 AM
jzus14

i see him fighting for the tittle soon! i see silva having two more fights at 185, then vs gsp, and his last fight in the sport vs jon jones.. joe rogan said last night on his podcast that ANDERSON SILVA told him that he can make 170 EASILY!! so if silva says is preparing to fight gsp at 170!! so machida and rashad can have the rematch at 185!
2/21/13 10:43 AM
Barbalos

I don't really think Machida would be as competitive with Silva as some others do. But it's a moo point IIRC, they are close, or at least they were, and both said they wouldn't fight the other. He could do awesome against the rest of MW though, IMO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.